Kobe scores 81 points!!

launchpad67a

The Los Angeles Lakers' star scored a staggering 81 points Sunday night against the Toronto Raptors in a 122-104 win. Only Wilt Chamberlain's 100-point game stands ahead of him.

WOW! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

I know, this guy is phenomenal. I wish I could see the games. But what makes a talented player into a real superstar is his contribution to the team's overall performance. The Lakers are only seventh in the West, even behind the Clippers.

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jan 23 2006, 04:20 PM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Jan 23 2006, 03:39 PM)
When someone told me it happened, I said, 'Okay, 30-100 from the floor, and 21-25 from the line? tongue.gif

r u serious?

Of course not. He does take a ton of shots tho, and he does have a lot of nights where a lot of them are bricks. Sorry, he is not Michael Jordan.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Jan 23 2006, 01:23 PM)
When someone told me it happened, I said, 'Okay, 30-100 from the floor, and 21-25 from the line? tongue.gif

r u serious?

Of course not. He does take a ton of shots tho, and he does have a lot of nights where a lot of them are bricks. Sorry, he is not Michael Jordan.

Any way you slice it though, it's still a pretty mindblowing performance...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 23 2006, 07:40 PM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Jan 23 2006, 01:23 PM)

r u serious?

Any way you slice it though, it's still a pretty mindblowing performance...

Agreed.

Oink, Oink...do I smell a, "Ball Hog"

His teamates scored a total of 20+ points, and he scored 81???!!!

Oink, Oink!!!

QUOTE (Dbl-Strk @ Jan 23 2006, 07:43 PM)
Oink, Oink...do I smell a, "Ball Hog"
His teamates scored a total of 20+ points, and he scored 81???!!!

Oink, Oink!!!

NOT TRUE!!!!

Kobe did get 2 assists

tongue.gif

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Jan 23 2006, 06:15 PM)
This is just another reason why I will never put Kobe in the same class as Jordan.

I find it interesting that so many have used this as a reason to put Kobe down. I thought it was a pretty stellar achievement. Can't we just take it as that? I guess not...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 24 2006, 12:17 PM)
This is just another reason why I will never put Kobe in the same class as Jordan.

I find it interesting that so many have used this as a reason to put Kobe down. I thought it was a pretty stellar achievement. Can't we just take it as that? I guess not...

Because he's an asshole.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jan 24 2006, 10:04 AM)

Because he's an asshole.

i guess i should have expected that. being a barry bonds fan for years based solely on his accomplishments isn't enough for most people who insist on bringing his personal life or his attitude into what otherwise are God-like numbers on the field, the only thing I really care about. too bad people can't enjoy something like an 81-point performance. nothing personal against you liquid, it seems a lot of people feel this way...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 25 2006, 06:20 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jan 24 2006, 10:04 AM)

Because he's an asshole.

i guess i should have expected that. being a barry bonds fan for years based solely on his accomplishments isn't enough for most people who insist on bringing his personal life or his attitude into what otherwise are God-like numbers on the field, the only thing I really care about. too bad people can't enjoy something like an 81-point performance. nothing personal against you liquid, it seems a lot of people feel this way...

Barry has already been discussed enough, so I won't address that. But Kobe, come on now. Is this really a guy to root for? Yes, a fine performance, but Kobe is still a piece of shit as far as I'm concerned. He single handedly destroyed the Lakers with his antics. Amazing that the Laker front office was dumb enough to trade Shaq instead of let Kobe sign with the Clippers. Now we know the real reason the Lakers won three titles recently. This crap never would have happened if Jerry West was still in charge there.

Kobe could score 120 points and I wouldn't get too excited, either.

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Jan 23 2006, 08:47 PM)
What do you expect? He's all the Lakers have.

He is the only thing the Lakers have. If they happen to make it to the Final's, which I highly doubt, they wouldn't stand chance against the Piston's. Even if they still had Shaq. rofl3.gif no.gif

Piston's 06' all the way 1022.gif yes.gif

If Bonds hit 5 homers on opening day people would be talking shit about him too. Same thing, if people hate you then it doesn't matter how great you are, they will talk shit. If I played sports I would want people to talk shit about me because it usually means you are a great player. 1022.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 25 2006, 10:52 PM)
If Bonds hit 5 homers on opening day people would be talking shit about him too. Same thing, if people hate you then it doesn't matter how great you are, they will talk shit. If I played sports I would want people to talk shit about me because it usually means you are a great player. 1022.gif

Nobody talked shit about Gretzky. Nobody talked shit about Roberto Clemente. Nobody talked shit about Arnold Palmer, either. It's not necessary to be the biggest asshole in the game to perform at the highest level.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Jan 25 2006, 06:59 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 25 2006, 10:52 PM)
If Bonds hit 5 homers on opening day people would be talking shit about him too. Same thing, if people hate you then it doesn't matter how great you are, they will talk shit. If I played sports I would want people to talk shit about me because it usually means you are a great player.  1022.gif

Nobody talked shit about Gretzky. Nobody talked shit about Roberto Clemente. Nobody talked shit about Arnold Palmer, either. It's not necessary to be the biggest asshole in the game to perform at the highest level.

True. Those guys were great anyway. They were cool guys I'm sure.

I'm not saying those other guys aren't assholes. But there's a lot of assholes in sports and you only really hear about the ones who are really good. No one cares about someone hitting .210 with 2 homers or a second string QB in football or a no name guy in hockey. The better they are the more often you see people hating them. Then the better they get the more you hear. No matter if they changed their attitude or not.

Kobe is actually shooting better than anyone in the history of basketball this season.

look at the way he scores two sometimes three on him and he still shoots over and its nothing but net.

In the game he had 81 only three shots were slams three layups

he shot almost 60% from the feild . and from the cherry stripe he is automatic

He is amazing your right he isnt Michael Jordan

His name is Kobe Bryant and he is the best player one on one in Basketball since Jordan. Jordans story is amazing yet it has been told. Kobe is starting to tell his own and a guy that works as hard as he does deserves to be the next great thing in basketball. go ahead think he`s an asshole . Yet if he were on my team and i wanted to win ......i would pass him the ball ....and hope he would shoot it everytime. The guy is that good .

Archived