Kobe scores 81 points!!

launchpad67a

QUOTE (crushtopher @ Jan 26 2006, 01:09 AM)
Kobe is actually shooting better than anyone in the history of basketball this season.

look at the way he scores two sometimes three on him and he still shoots over and its nothing but net.
In the game he had 81 only three shots were slams three layups
he shot almost 60% from the feild . and from the cherry stripe he is automatic
He is amazing your right he isnt Michael Jordan
His name is Kobe Bryant and he is the best player one on one in Basketball since Jordan. Jordans story is amazing yet it has been told. Kobe is starting to tell his own and a guy that works as hard as he does deserves to be the next great thing in basketball. go ahead think he`s an asshole . Yet if he were on my team and i wanted to win ......i would pass him the ball ....and hope he would shoot it everytime. The guy is that good .

He's is 7th place in the West.

Kobe is actually shooting better than anyone in the history of basketball this season.

look at the way he scores two sometimes three on him and he still shoots over and its nothing but net.
His name is Kobe Bryant and he is the best player one on one in Basketball since Jordan. Jordans story is amazing yet it has been told. Kobe is starting to tell his own and a guy that works as hard as he does deserves to be the next great thing in basketball. go ahead think he`s an asshole . Yet if he were on my team and i wanted to win ......i would pass him the ball ....and hope he would shoot it everytime. The guy is that good .

Jordan make the whole team look good....Kobe only makes himself looks good...

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 26 2006, 11:00 AM)

His name is Kobe Bryant and  he is the best player one on one in Basketball since Jordan. Jordans story is amazing yet it has been told. Kobe is starting to tell his own and  a guy that works as hard as he does deserves to be the next great thing in basketball. go ahead think he`s an asshole . Yet if he were on my team and i wanted to win ......i would pass him the ball ....and hope he would  shoot it everytime. The guy is that good .

Jordan make the whole team look good....Kobe only makes himself looks good...

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (anagramking @ Jan 25 2006, 11:59 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 25 2006, 10:52 PM)
If Bonds hit 5 homers on opening day people would be talking shit about him too. Same thing, if people hate you then it doesn't matter how great you are, they will talk shit. If I played sports I would want people to talk shit about me because it usually means you are a great player.  1022.gif

Nobody talked shit about Gretzky. Nobody talked shit about Roberto Clemente. Nobody talked shit about Arnold Palmer, either. It's not necessary to be the biggest asshole in the game to perform at the highest level.

those players, if put in the same situation, would have sat down once the game was in hand. It is sportsmanship imho.

Also, the Barry Bonds analogy isn't valid IMHO as there really isn't a piling on thing in baseball. Also, he will never hit 5 in one game ... they would start walking him LOL!

ALso, Jordan could have easily scored 80 many times ... but his high was 69 in a 4 point OT win. He was a team player. He knew that if he tried to score too much, the team would suffer. And, he would NEVER pile it on once a game is in hand, he would sit down as he did many many times.

It's true, if somehow Bonds miraculously hit 5 home runs in a game, people would put him down. It's a shame, really. I'm interested in statistics and great accomplishments in sports, and Bonds and Kobe do that. To be a fan of both, but especially Bonds, and hear pretty much nothing but trash talk about him is supremely annoying. People are very unforgiving about past behavior. Barry Bonds is the f***ing best baseball player of this generation, and that's it for me. He's the best and I admire his accomplishments in kind. Ty Cobb was no prize of a person, and I admire him too, he was the best of his generation for sure. Would I like him if I met him? Probably not, but who gives a shit? (Well, I don't anyway.)

Kobe I don't really care much about as I'm not a huge basketball fan, but an 81-point game is nothing but a reason to cheer and marvel for me. It's an incredible shame that people view amazing accomplishments as anything less than what they are because it wasn't someone who gave them warm fuzzies who did it. I understand, and I am interested in people's personalities too, but I'm far, FAR more interested in what they can do.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 26 2006, 01:43 PM)
It's true, if somehow Bonds miraculously hit 5 home runs in a game, people would put him down. It's a shame, really. I'm interested in statistics and great accomplishments in sports, and Bonds and Kobe do that. To be a fan of both, but especially Bonds, and hear pretty much nothing but trash talk about him is supremely annoying. People are very unforgiving about past behavior. Barry Bonds is the f***ing best baseball player of this generation, and that's it for me. He's the best and I admire his accomplishments in kind. Ty Cobb was no prize of a person, and I admire him too, he was the best of his generation for sure. Would I like him if I met him? Probably not, but who gives a shit? (Well, I don't anyway.)

Kobe I don't really care much about as I'm not a huge basketball fan, but an 81-point game is nothing but a reason to cheer and marvel for me. It's an incredible shame that people view amazing accomplishments as anything less than what they are because it wasn't someone who gave them warm fuzzies who did it. I understand, and I am interested in people's personalities too, but I'm far, FAR more interested in what they can do.

Admiring Barry because he cheated so well is kind of sick. I can't imagine how Hank Aaron will feel if his record falls to somebody who bulked up on steroids and used HGH to supplement the steroids and improve his vision to bionic levels. He'll be lucky to live past 50. I'm sure you marvel at the old East German Olympic swimming teams, too. All those medals, after all those steroids, right? And I'm sure you marvel at how Ahhnold ultimately parlayed steroid use into becoming governor of Caahhleeeforrniiaaaa. It's obvious that you have very little respect the basic integrity of baseball, or probably any other sport, for that matter.

What's funny about Cobb is that an even bigger scumbag broke his career hit record by shamelessly inserting himself into the lineup, at first base, mind you, while sporting an impressive .240 average.

As for Kobe, ES did a great job explaining why we shouldn't get too excited about it.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Jan 26 2006, 11:24 AM)
It's true, if somehow Bonds miraculously hit 5 home runs in a game, people would put him down.  It's a shame, really.  I'm interested in statistics and great accomplishments in sports, and Bonds and Kobe do that.  To be a fan of both, but especially Bonds, and hear pretty much nothing but trash talk about him is supremely annoying.  People are very unforgiving about past behavior.  Barry Bonds is the f***ing best baseball player of this generation, and that's it for me.  He's the best and I admire his accomplishments in kind.  Ty Cobb was no prize of a person, and I admire him too, he was the best of his generation for sure.  Would I like him if I met him?  Probably not, but who gives a shit? (Well, I don't anyway.) 

Kobe I don't really care much about as I'm not a huge basketball fan, but an 81-point game is nothing but a reason to cheer and marvel for me.  It's an incredible shame that people view amazing accomplishments as anything less than what they are because it wasn't someone who gave them warm fuzzies who did it.  I understand, and I am interested in people's personalities too, but I'm far, FAR more interested in what they can do.

Admiring Barry because he cheated so well is kind of sick. I can't imagine how Hank Aaron will feel if his record falls to somebody who bulked up on steroids and used HGH to supplement the steroids and improve his vision to bionic levels. He'll be lucky to live past 50. I'm sure you marvel at the old East German Olympic swimming teams, too. All those medals, after all those steroids, right? And I'm sure you marvel at how Ahhnold ultimately parlayed steroid use into becoming governor of Caahhleeeforrniiaaaa. It's obvious that you have very little respect the basic integrity of baseball, or probably any other sport, for that matter.

What's funny about Cobb is that an even bigger scumbag broke his career hit record by shamelessly inserting himself into the lineup, at first base, mind you, while sporting an impressive .240 average.

As for Kobe, ES did a great job explaining why we shouldn't get too excited about it.

You've proven my point, unfortunately. I will go on admiring Bonds with the reverence I believe he deserves, but rarely receives. It's hard for me to grasp - I admire him so deeply and most people treat him like they just stepped in dogshit. Nothing will change my mind short of him coming out and saying he used steroids for years and it made him the player he is today. Amazingly, as prevalent as steroid use was/is, I still haven't seen other people put up the kind of numbers he has. Whatever, those who have made up their minds about him did so years ago and won't change them no matter what. Same about Kobe. I believe in innocent until proven guilty and giving people second chances. I'm sure you don't care.

Over and out...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 26 2006, 03:23 PM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Jan 26 2006, 11:24 AM)
It's true, if somehow Bonds miraculously hit 5 home runs in a game, people would put him down.  It's a shame, really.  I'm interested in statistics and great accomplishments in sports, and Bonds and Kobe do that.  To be a fan of both, but especially Bonds, and hear pretty much nothing but trash talk about him is supremely annoying.  People are very unforgiving about past behavior.  Barry Bonds is the f***ing best baseball player of this generation, and that's it for me.  He's the best and I admire his accomplishments in kind.  Ty Cobb was no prize of a person, and I admire him too, he was the best of his generation for sure.  Would I like him if I met him?  Probably not, but who gives a shit? (Well, I don't anyway.) 

Kobe I don't really care much about as I'm not a huge basketball fan, but an 81-point game is nothing but a reason to cheer and marvel for me.  It's an incredible shame that people view amazing accomplishments as anything less than what they are because it wasn't someone who gave them warm fuzzies who did it.  I understand, and I am interested in people's personalities too, but I'm far, FAR more interested in what they can do.

You've proven my point, unfortunately. I will go on admiring Bonds with the reverence I believe he deserves, but rarely receives. It's hard for me to grasp - I admire him so deeply and most people treat him like they just stepped in dogshit. Nothing will change my mind short of him coming out and saying he used steroids for years and it made him the player he is today. Amazingly, as prevalent as steroid use was/is, I still haven't seen other people put up the kind of numbers he has. Whatever, those who have made up their minds about him did so years ago and won't change them no matter what. Same about Kobe. I believe in innocent until proven guilty and giving people second chances. I'm sure you don't care.

Over and out...

How do you explain his head growing three or four sizes?

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 26 2006, 03:23 PM)

Over and out...

And what point of yours did I unfortunately prove?

Okay, I guess seeing Barry's hat size grow 1 1/2 to 2 sizes in one season should be ignored. I guess we should ignore the transformation his body underwent from his rookie year to now. And we should just ignore that players usually get worse in their late 30s and early 40s, not better. And we should ignore all the legal hoopla surrounding BALCO, where Bonds got his "supplements." We should ignore testimony from his mistress. Just ignore it all, and worship this piece of shit named Barry Bonds, because no court of law or MLB governing body has found him guilty of anything. He's hit over 700 homers!!! Let's get excited, why don't we? Let's just ignore any real evidence and worship this man for all eternity!!

Or was the "innocent until proven guilty" supposed to be about Kobe? I believe justice took its course, and it's all behind him now. From a legal standpoint, I cast no judgment on the case. He is innocent until proven guilty. My opinions on him are based on his conduct as a basketball player and a member of the Lakers organization. Just keep him in through garbage time in every game so he can gun for Wilt's record. It would be so cool to see him do it!!

Glittering prizes and endless compromises shatter the illusion of integrity, yeah.

I didn't realize that anyone who has even a rudimentary knowledge of Baseball didn't know that Bonds was on steriods and human growth hormones. When did it become respectable to bury one's head in the sand?

First of all the Lakers for one a re- building . Jordan won no championships for the first 6 or more years of his career. Second Jordan had great personnel all the way around him when they finally won the whole thing. Paxson,Pippen, Cartwright, Hodges , Kerr and so forth . The Lakers are young and it takes time to build the right formula. It doesnt happen overnight. Your absolutely right the lakers are in seventh place. when they started the season they were in last. They started out horrible but as of late they have been playing very well. They have a center thats 17 for crying out loud . Right now the teams best option is for Kobe to emmulate Jordan early in his career. Lamar Odom is playing great for them too. Not for anything, but i remember three weeks back, Kobe had 60 in a game. A game in which he took himself out ,because the game was in hand. He left before the fourth period ,never playing a single second of it. Say what you all want ,bottom line to me is it is evident that the nah sayers are jelous of Kobe and his unbelievable talent. Phil Jackson said this year the goal is the playoffs, not the championship. Pay attention, last year the lakers were one of the worst teams in basketball. They have made their stride with Kobe putting up crazy numbers . Jackson knows that building around one player can earn you numerous championships. Only time will tell if building around Bryant will do for the Lakers, what Jordan did for Chicago but if i remember correctly Jordan took a lot of shots himself. Need the proff look it up ....the stats dont lie.

Oh yeah and for the record here. Jordan took himself out when he scored 69....my ass he did i saw the game ...also in how many overtimes was that? Kobe scored 81 in regulation. Get your facts straight. Jordan always tried to score i dont know what career you were watching . Yet it does help when the guy next to you is a ten time allstar by the name of Pippen.

The guy scored 81 points in regulation of a game and you try to downsize it like it wasnt an accomplishment . Give me a break . I see people trying to put huge numbers up all the time. Just no one has shot with such unbelievable accuracy in a game . The guy is Basketball whether you like it or not......deal with it

QUOTE (crushtopher @ Jan 26 2006, 07:22 PM)
Just no one has shot with such unbelievable accuracy in a game .

What? Are you kidding with that? I still remember watching Walter Davis shoot 18 of 18 from the field in a game. It set a record, and I think that record still stands. Kobe shoots about 45% from the field. Jordan and Magic both shot around 50% for their respective careers.

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Jan 26 2006, 10:10 PM)
Kobe shoots 45% if he is hot, and Pippen fell off the face of the earth every time Jordan retired. Jordan made allstars out of everyone he played with.

Actually, the Bulls damn near made it back to the finals the year after Jordan's first retirement. But Pip did the unthinkable in taking himself out of that key situation, and Hue Hollins blew that call to cap it all.

Archived