The Official 2023-24 NHL Season Thread

Rhyta

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Feeling a bit concerned, Avs have had some serious lapses and lost some key games.  Will be playing Winnipeg in the first round and that's not looking so good.  Just hope they manage to finish on a win.

On other news, not sure what the hell is going on with the NHL, going to send the Coyotes to SLC??  As much as I would love to have an NHL team near me, this has me feeling skeptical.  After all, the owner of the Utah Jazz will be involved, what could go wrong?  Oh, how about getting a new arena built then selling the team as soon as your tax write offs expire.  Yeah that happened once before so I wonder what do we not know about this deal?:rolleyes:  Stay tuned I guess.

If you change your favorite team again, I'm not going to be able to take it anymore.  :blink:  

• Haha 1

Well both the Caps and the Red Wings won last night, keeping the (undeserving) Pens out.  They had a great run in the late season, though!  Boo Caps, too bad the Red Wings didn't make the playoffs.

h1gs6r7l.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blueschica said:

Well both the Caps and the Red Wings won last night, keeping the (undeserving) Pens out.  They had a great run in the late season, though!  Boo Caps, too bad the Red Wings didn't make the playoffs.

h1gs6r7l.jpg

The Wings deserved a better fate after tying last night's game with 3 seconds left and winning it in the shootout. Those heroics were erased when the more-undeserving Caps went ahead on an empty net goal in a tie game. Lame.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

The Wings deserved a better fate after tying last night's game with 3 seconds left and winning it in the shootout. Those heroics were erased when the more-undeserving Caps went ahead on an empty net goal in a tie game. Lame.

But Torts didn't know Flyers were eliminated by then.   :wink:

1 hour ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

36 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

But Torts didn't know Flyers were eliminated by then.   :wink:

No he didn't, and those big moments in those two games were happening at the same time. Before the game he did say he'd pull the goalie if the game was tied late  because the Flyers needed a regulation win.

• Like 2

During this 2023-24 N.H.L. Regular Season, Auston Matthews, finished with sixty-nine goals in eighty-two games as he wasn't able to score seventy.  In one Eastern Conference Playoff First Round match up, Toronto, has, and gets to play Boston.  I wanted to see Pittsburgh make, and qualify for the playoffs.  I thought it would've been them, and not Washington.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 2

Round one -      -   Game 1 

Bosdton Bruins vs. Toronto Maple Leafs  IN  BOSTON.    :wave:  This Saturday night.     April 20th. 8 PM  TBS

Edited by Chicken hawk
  • Like 1

On 4/16/2024 at 1:58 PM, blackhawkrush said:

If you change your favorite team again, I'm not going to be able to take it anymore.  :blink:  

If you read my comment, I make it clear I don't trust Ryan Smith to do right by a hockey team.  His first priority is the Jazz and getting a new arena paid for.  I don't trust him and won't be buying season tickets.  Avs are my team and if I do go to any games, I'll wear their jersey.  Especially if they choose something stupid like Yeti..:blink:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

If you read my comment, I make it clear I don't trust Ryan Smith to do right by a hockey team.  His first priority is the Jazz and getting a new arena paid for.  I don't trust him and won't be buying season tickets.  Avs are my team and if I do go to any games, I'll wear their jersey.  Especially if they choose something stupid like Yeti..:blink:

Well, give it time. Smith might eventually sell the team to Trump...   :bolt:  

46 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Kings 5 Hawks 4 in OT. :cake1: Fun way to end it all. 23-53-6  

I wanted you guys to win this one so Dallas could play the Kings in the first round, and you had the lead late. Instead, a careless delay of game penalty and 6 seconds of OT later and now it's the Stars playing Vegas.

• Like 2

I wanted you guys to win this one so Dallas could play the Kings in the first round, and you had the lead late. Instead, a careless delay of game penalty and 6 seconds of OT later and now it's the Stars playing Vegas.

I didn't know you cared so much about the Western Conference. Yeah, Kurashev made a stupid mistake. Good luck against the Canes.   :pirate:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blackhawkrush said:

I didn't know you cared so much about the Western Conference. Yeah, Kurashev made a stupid mistake. Good luck against the Canes.   :pirate:

I like the Stars, they're a fun team to watch. Lots of goals off the rush.

The Isles are due to beat the Canes in the playoffs at some point, not sure if it's this year, but we'll see. I'd say the Canes are the best team in the East.

• Like 2

The Isles are due to beat the Canes in the playoffs at some point, not sure if it's this year, but we'll see. I'd say the Canes are the best team in the East.

Ouch, you're not making any friends with Rhyta with your Stars comments. Yeah, it'll be a struggle to take out Carolina. Bossy and Trottier could help.   :old:  :old:

Edited by blackhawkrush
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Love the "DALLAS!  STARS! post-goal crowd chant, one of the best in the League.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

What do you think about the #BANG guy?  

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

3 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

To each his own, it's obnoxious and dumb. They have one of the weirdest play by play announcers too, like nails on a chalkboard.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Yeah I'd run away too...:poke:  Let's not bring dumb ass into the conversation:puke:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My picks to advance to the second round: Vegas, Colorado, Vancouver, Edmonton, Tampa, Boston, New York R, Carolina. That doesn't mean I'll be rooting for all these teams. 

• Like 1