The Official 2023-24 NHL Season Thread

Rhyta

On 2/18/2024 at 4:48 PM, blackhawkrush said:

:blast: :goodone:

Unfortunately that didn't help them, Rangers won. :confused:

Avs beat Vancouver 3-1 in a real close game.  It's helping to be back home after that bad road trip.  MacKinnon kept his point streak at home going,  can't believe he didn't miss any games after getting his nose broken in the game against the Bolts last weekend.  He's a tough customer.  :hockey2:

• Like 2

Jets 3 Hawks 2 in OT. :moon: "There was a beauty contest in Winnipeg. Nobody won". - Pat Foley. 15-39-4

Edited by blackhawkrush
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Goddamn WPLG MyJamMe is showing some local yokel dogshit instead of Blues/Wings.:wtf:

I keep telling people, livetv.sx 

5 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Goddamn WPLG MyJamMe is showing some local yokel dogshit instead of Blues/Wings.:wtf:

Try http://freenhlstream.com   I have to use it when ESPN+ blacks out my AVS games

Edited by Rhyta

On 2/21/2024 at 1:45 PM, Chicken hawk said:

RUINS DROP TO  2nd place......Florida Panthers now in 1st.      They play hockey in Florida?  haha       :hockey1:  (just kidding)  

Caps/Panthers was wild last night, each team scoring a goal in the 2nd and 3rd periods, Gustav Forsling scoring the GW in OT.  Go Cats!

• Like 1

On 2/24/2024 at 4:45 PM, blackhawkrush said:

Hmmm...can't reach this page. The game must be over.  

I left the s out of the link https://freenhlstream.com/

That should work, I watch them when the game is live.  Don't know if they let you watch after it is over or not.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Wings 3 Hawks 2 in OT. :rolleyes: Kane with the game winner. :rolleyes: 15-39-5

That was a real close game, it is good to see Kane and DeBrincat playing together again :clap:.  Nice ceremony for Chelios as well.

10 hours ago, Rhyta said:

That was a real close game, it is good to see Kane and DeBrincat playing together again :clap:.  Nice ceremony for Chelios as well.

Mixed feelings before, during and after the game. Kane, Chelios...Seabrook. It was nice to see Dale Tallon once again. :wub: Interesting look for Belfour, must be a Brian Johnson fan. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Mixed feelings before, during and after the game. Kane, Chelios...Seabrook. It was nice to see Dale Tallon once again. :wub: Interesting look for Belfour, must be a Brian Johnson fan. 

Or a nicer way to cover the bald spot :cool:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Or a nicer way to cover the bald spot :cool:

I'm ten days older than him. Good to know I don't have that problem.    :ROCK:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Saw Gretzky was there, Sharpie, Hossa, Duncan.  Didn't see Toews, wondered about that.

• Like 1

Toronto's next eight games are a five game home stand, and a three game road trip.  Tonight, they are in Toronto, to play against Vegas, which Toronto, lost 6-2, Thurs., to play against Arizona, which Toronto, won 4-2, Sat., to play against New York Rangers, which Toronto, won 4-3 in a shootout.  The 2023-24 N.H.L. season is three-quarters in it.  Next Mon., Toronto, plays Boston, which Toronto, lost 4-1, next Wed., to play against Buffalo, which Toronto, won 2-1 in overtime, next Thurs., in Boston, to play against Boston, which Toronto, lost 4-1, next Sat., in Montreal, to play against Montreal, which Toronto, won 3-2, and on the following Thurs., in Philadelphia, to play against Philadelphia, which Toronto, won 6-2.  At home, they are 18-12-2.  On the road, they are 20-7-6.  Auston Matthews, scored three goals to give him fifty-five in sixty-five games.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Saw Gretzky was there, Sharpie, Hossa, Duncan.  Didn't see Toews, wondered about that.

He's probably disappointed Kane didn't go to Winnipeg. A slightly better chance to win the Cup.  

On 2/27/2024 at 11:38 AM, blackhawkrush said:

He's probably disappointed Kane didn't go to Winnipeg. A slightly better chance to win the Cup.  

Just thought Toews would be there,  out of respect for Chelios perhaps but especially since he and Kane were such good teammates.  Very puzzling IMHO

On 2/27/2024 at 10:42 AM, Derek19 said:

Toronto's next eight games are a five game home stand, and a three game road trip.  Tonight, they are in Toronto, to play against Vegas, which Toronto, lost 6-2, Thurs., to play against Arizona, Sat., to play against New York Rangers, next Mon., to play against Boston, next Wed., to play against Buffalo, next Thurs., in Boston, to play against Boston, next Sat., in Montreal, to play against Montreal, and on the following Thurs., in Philadelphia, to play against Philadelphia.

The coach for the Leafs got pretty upset in the game with Vegas, haven't seen a coach get a misconduct in a long time.  Ended their 7 game winning streak, so time to start a new one.

Speaking of streaks, MacKinnon extended his point total for home games with a goal and an assist against Dallas Tuesday.  Makar also added another record to his tally.  Most points scored by a defenseman in Avalanche history, 308 and passing Tyson Barrie's record.  Rantenen is getting back into the groove and they will have Nichushkin back in the lineup soon.  Looking much better Avs :clap:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

Oh boy, just saw this short on YouTube...I had no idea this happened recently...what a crazy quirky thing to happen.  Lucky his eye wasn't hurt :blink:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Oh boy, just saw this short on YouTube...I had no idea this happened recently...what a crazy quirky thing to happen.  Lucky his eye wasn't hurt :blink:

Always something new. One of the reasons we love hockey. 

• Like 1