Happy 50th Anniversary LABT

Rick N. Backer

Let's all take a moment to celebrate the fact that it's been 50 years since LABT joined our ranks and has been providing us with keen insights with a healthy dollop of good humor.

Oh.  Wait.  You know what?  LABT's been here 23 years.  It's been 50 years since the Miami Dolphins won the Super Bowl.  .

Hold on.  I'm still off.  LABT's been here 13 years.  It's been 23 years since the Dolphins won a playoff game.  Sorry for the confusion.

You're a good man.  Here's to another 10, or 37, or however many years it takes for the Dolphins to finally stop embarrassing themselves and their fan base.

:cheers:

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

11 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Let's all take a moment to celebrate the fact that it's been 50 years since LABT joined our ranks and has been providing us with keen insights with a healthy dollop of good humor.

Oh.  Wait.  You know what?  LABT's been here 23 years.  It's been 50 years since the Miami Dolphins won the Super Bowl.  .

Hold on.  I'm still off.  LABT's been here 13 years.  It's been 23 years since the Dolphins won a playoff game.  Sorry for the confusion.

You're a good man.  Here's to another 10, or 37, or however many years it takes for the Dolphins to finally stop embarrassing themselves and their fan base.

:cheers:

And starting at quarterback, from Alabama, #10, Mac "McCorkle" Jones.   

Now what did you say about embarrassing a fan base?  Odysseus has nothing on Belichick.

(The Hawks could score twice before one of your receivers could get separation so I guess it's not all on McCorkle.)

• Like 1

"Happy 50th Anniversary".  It's a golden milestone.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Derek19 said:

"Happy 50th Anniversary".  It's a golden milestone.

Better than a golden shower, I guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

Happy Anniversary, LABT! As long as we stay with baseball and giving the Saudis grief, and stay away from the politics, here's to the next thirteen years!

What did you think of choosing Koepka for the Ryder Cup team?   I personally thought they should have attempted to win without him.

2 hours ago, Chicken hawk said:

Happy 50th Anniversary LABT   :thumbsup:   :music::music::music:

Thanks.  I have to admit the first thirty seven years of being a lurker weren't quite as interesting as the last thirteen where I've posted.  I guess it's just the travails of being an ur-poster.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

What did you think of choosing Koepka for the Ryder Cup team?   I personally thought they should have attempted to win without him.

I wouldn't have picked him; I'd have gone with Keegan Bradley. I think it's an honor to be picked for this side, and I don't think his choices deserve that, although I get that his golf results do. I'm honestly more surprised by Justin Thomas! That guy looked cooked at times this year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nova Carmina said:

I wouldn't have picked him; I'd have gone with Keegan Bradley. I think it's an honor to be picked for this side, and I don't think his choices deserve that, although I get that his golf results do. I'm honestly more surprised by Justin Thomas! That guy looked cooked at times this year.

Agree.  I'd rather lose without him than win with him.

I wouldn't say I was surprised by Thomas as much as I think its a bad pick.  His record in Ryder Cups outweighed his very poor recent play.  Not having been on a Ryder Cup team, maybe the experience and pressure makes this far more of a consideration than I'd think, but the numbers don't speak well of this decision.

Spieth isn't exactly coming in hot, either.  I'd put Bradley in before him, Spieth next and then JT.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, blueschica said:

:cheers:       Happy Anniversary, LABT!      :cheers:  Cheers to you and your 50 ??:biggrin:  years!

13.  He's using Boston math, because surviving a quarter there is like living a year in a better location.

• Haha 2