• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• treeduck

• bluefox4000

• Segue Myles

• yyz305

Slayer- Reign In Blood 

Eh. Its 28 minutes long and for approximately 28 minutes it comes off...perfunctory. 

Renaissance- Turn Of The Cards 

Okay this was beautiful. I saw some harsh comments about this band, I checked this album out and, well, I enjoyed it thoroughly!

Fleet Foxes- Shore 

Stunning album.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Slayer- Reign In Blood 

Eh. Its 28 minutes long and for approximately 28 minutes it comes off...perfunctory. 

Renaissance- Turn Of The Cards 

Okay this was beautiful. I saw some harsh comments about this band, I checked this album out and, well, I enjoyed it thoroughly!

Fleet Foxes- Shore 

Stunning album.

Renaissance is very beautiful music, glad you could enjoy it! Prologue is the record of theirs you should check out to get a bit heavier, or Scheherazade And Other Stories for more beauty and grandeur!

• Like 1

Lionel Ritchie-Can't Slow Down (10/10)  This has kind of been my album of the moment.  it beat out Purple Rain and Born In The USA for album of the year at the Grammy's. I love it way more than BITUSA but not Purple rain.

but it's a tremendous pop album all the Same,.

I love it WAAAAY more than Thriller though.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Lionel Ritchie-Can't Slow Down (10/10)  This has kind of been my album of the moment.  it beat out Purple Rain and Born In The USA for album of the year at the Grammy's. I love it way more than BITUSA but not Purple rain.

Mick

Thriller was a moment more than it was a truly great album.

I haven't heard this though!

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

Thriller was a moment more than it was a truly great album.

I haven't heard this though!

you haven't heard Can't Slow Down?????  you're missing out.  It has my fav Steve Lukathar solo ever on Runnin' with the Night.

get to this soon. I don't know how big Lionel was in the UK but there was a moment he was up there with Bruce, Prince and MJ over here.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

2 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

you haven't heard Can't Slow Down?????  you're missing out.  It has my fav Steve Lukathar solo ever on Runnin' with the Night.

get to this soon. I don't know how big Lionel was in the UK but there was a moment he was up there with Bruce, Prince and MJ over here.

Mick

Lionel and Commodores were HUGE

Still I know plenty of hits, never took them seriously

• Like 2

Just now, Segue Myles said:

Lionel and Commodores were HUGE

Still I know plenty of hits, never took them seriously

The Commodores are FIRE and lionel solo is great too.

STILL i'd wish he never left the Commodores.  Having that funk/Rnb balanced with his ballads is my fav combo.

Mick

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

The Commodores are FIRE and lionel solo is great too.

STILL i'd wish he never left the Commodores.  Having that funk/Rnb balanced with his ballads is my fav combo.

Mick

I've never heard anyone this enthusiastic about them. Of course, I know plenty who love individual songs and I have my faves. So what is worth checking out? 

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

I've never heard anyone this enthusiastic about them. Of course, I know plenty who love individual songs and I have my faves. So what is worth checking out? 

the Self titled Commodores album is good as is Natural high and Midnight Magic.

they were a GREAT band.

Mick

10 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Mick

My mom had this on cassette back when it came out. I remember it being a pretty good album. I would listen to it on my own sometimes but I usually heard it when she would play it in the car.

• Like 2

Sophie B. Hawkins- Whaler 

Pearl Jam- Ten (Redux)

The Goo Goo Dolls- Dizzy Up The Girl 

Third Eye Blind- Third Eye Blind 

Taylor Swift- Lover 

Everclear- Sparkle And Fade 

• Like 1

In Flames- Clayman

23 years on, Only For The Weak remains an era defining anthem. You can hear exactly where US metalcore began in that one defining moment. Gosh, I undervalued this album. I get now why it's such a beloved record.

In Flames- Reroute To Remain

And this album was panned by many. Odd how metal fans will tell you this is where they killed their status as big hitters, considering it launched them into European metal titans. Nothing else sounds like this.

Fair to say In Flames tick every box for me. Two decades I've been a fan, and I only love them more with each passing year.

J2112YYZ, I recommend this band highly.