Jump to content

Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Playing it now! Sounds very early 2000s with modern vibes. Liking it!

Awesome, I'm glad you like it! It was definitely one of my favorites from last year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

Awesome, I'm glad you like it! It was definitely one of my favorites from last year.

I've never heard of them before. Are they well known your way?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Iron Maiden- Senjutsu

 

Still a terrific album to my ears. I can hear now why maybe it wasn't for many. It reminds me at times of The Final Frontier and...lol...I love that album as well.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jackson Brwne-The Naked Ride Home (9/10)

 

Of all Brownes more modern albums. well this is 21 years old, lol but anyway.....  This sounds closet to his classic sound.

 

The Naked Ride Home

The Night Inside Me

For Taking the Trouble

Never Stop

About My Imagination

Don't You Want To Be There

My Stunning Mystery Companion.

 

Mick

 

I love this album.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes -- Mirror to the Sky

 

I like this, especially the three epics.  Certainly, there's a lot that can be criticized about it: the lyrics and general "space" sound can be very cheesy/goofy; the songs seem too long; the singer has some of his typical unmelodic moments.  But it has a really pleasant vibe to it and is generally very listenable, with some super-good parts here and there.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bruce Springsteen-Wrecking Ball (8/10)

 

If someone came up to me ad said "i want to get into Springsteen BUT i want his most underrated record"

 

i'd easily pick this one.

 

Great record that can easily get lost.

 

Mick

 

 

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Bruce Springsteen-Wrecking Ball (8/10)

 

If someone came up to me ad said "i want to get into Springsteen BUT i want his most underrated record"

 

i'd easily pick this one.

 

Great record that can easily get lost.

 

Mick

 

 

I think his most underrated remains Tunnel Of Love. This and Magic are both sorely underrated though. One for turning listeners off due to woeful production, the other because at that time many were growing tired of the politics, especially as spouted at live shows.

 

Yeah of those three albums...maybe i talked myself into thinking Wrecking Ball as well 🤣

 

Western Stars and Letter To You both seem to be overlooked now as well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I think his most underrated remains Tunnel Of Love. This and Magic are both sorely underrated though. One for turning listeners off due to woeful production, the other because at that time many were growing tired of the politics, especially as spouted at live shows.

 

Yeah of those three albums...maybe i talked myself into thinking Wrecking Ball as well 🤣

 

Western Stars and Letter To You both seem to be overlooked now as well.

 

 

I like letter to you a lot.  but Western Stars is the special one for me.  I feel like the last time we got that level of honesty was TOL.

 

But WB comes from the era where he'd do a verse of Prove it all night and stop and go.  "DAMN THAT WEALTHY CLASS LET ME TELL YOU BOUT THE WHITE HOUSE!!!!!!!"

 

god grandpa!!!!!!!

 

Mick

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

 

 

I like letter to you a lot.  but Western Stars is the special one for me.  I feel like the last time we got that level of honesty was TOL.

 

But WB comes from the era where he'd do a verse of Prove it all night and stop and go.  "DAMN THAT WEALTHY CLASS LET ME TELL YOU BOUT THE WHITE HOUSE!!!!!!!"

 

god grandpa!!!!!!!

 

Mick

usa_today_19330222.0.jpg

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

 

 

I like letter to you a lot.  but Western Stars is the special one for me.  I feel like the last time we got that level of honesty was TOL.

 

But WB comes from the era where he'd do a verse of Prove it all night and stop and go.  "DAMN THAT WEALTHY CLASS LET ME TELL YOU BOUT THE WHITE HOUSE!!!!!!!"

 

god grandpa!!!!!!!

 

Mick

Western Stars is the quality of his seventies run. Letter To You not far behind.

 

WS gets more and more special with time

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I've never heard of them before. Are they well known your way?

They've gotten some decent opening slots for bigger bands in the past year and a half, but they're not huge yet. I'm hoping they'll get put on some bigger tours, and hopefully sign to a bigger label soon. I discovered them in December 2021. My favorite band is State Champs, who are one of the bigger US pop punk bands right now. I was getting ready for their annual hometown holiday show. One of the openers had to drop out due to covid, and Pollyanna filled in. I was obsessed immediately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Taylor Swift- Red (Taylors Version) [Disc 2]

 

I find myself playing the bonus material of this album more than the actual album these days. Not one weak track across the entire set.

 

Bruce Springsteen- Western Stars

 

Fantastic album.

 

Dan Fogelberg- Phoenix 

 

This might be my second favourite Fogelberg album.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...