Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

7 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

AC/DC - Back in Black

AC/DC - For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)

Tickets go on sale this Friday for 2 shows at Wembley but I'm not sure if I'll be in the country. I think I'll get a pair as I can always sell them on.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Turbine Freight said:

Tickets go on sale this Friday for 2 shows at Wembley but I'm not sure if I'll be in the country. I think I'll get a pair as I can always sell them on.

When I saw "Are You Ready," on their Twitter page, I thought for sure there would be a U.S. tour this summer.  No such luck.  I hope Rock or Bust wasn't my last time seeing them.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

When I saw "Are You Ready," on their Twitter page, I thought for sure there would be a U.S. tour this summer.  No such luck.  I hope Rock or Bust wasn't my last time seeing them.

Tell you what, if we can't go you get first refusal if you fancy a trip to the land of crooked smiles.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Finally started playing catch up with new records today:

Strangers That Clique - The Heavy After Hours

Local funk/rock/hip hop/jazz band featuring my former vocal coach. I think this is their debut album. Totally self produced from my understanding. Not perfect but I dig the wealth of ideas.

Kali Uchis - Orquídeas 

Latin American dance music of a variety of more specific sub genres, but the way Kali weaves vocal hooks together is mesmerizing. Can’t understand Spanish so idk what it’s all about but I really enjoyed it.

Glass Beach - Plastic Death

Prog prog prog. Basically for anyone who wishes Radiohead would pick up their guitars again and do a *real* prog opus this time (not that anything they’ve done since OKC isn’t *really* progressive imo)

The Smile - Wall Of Eyes

Speaking of Radiohead, may as well check in on Thom and Johnny’s side project (main project at this point?). And well? It definitely sounds a lot like I’d expect a Radiohead album to sound in 2024, but with a little more pep in its grooves and bite in its tones. 

• Like 1