Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

The Artic Monkeys-AM

Erm.......i tried for Segue yesterday.  had to turn it off.  It's this kind of retro 60's rock revival stuff i'm not fond of.  it's just.......not bad but if i'm gonna listen to this style i'll go to the source. rarely for me does a band capture that era and make it exciting.

Just me.

Mick

Do  you have any opinion of The Car as that just rips off David Bowie for 37 minutes.

I'd love to see your take on Everything is Harmony by the Lemon Twigs just to see you roast it because it's very shamelessly a throwback album. 

Edited by Union 5-3992
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Union 5-3992 said:

Do  you have any opinion of The Car as that just rips off David Bowie for 37 minutes.

I'd love to see your take on Everything is Harmony by the Lemon Twigs just to see you roast it because it's very shamelessly a throwback album. 

Ouch I didn't like that album one bit

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Union 5-3992 said:

Todd Rundgren - The Wizard/A True Star

Katatonia - Star Void of Stars

Mastodon - Emperor of Sand

XTC - Drums and Wires 

I can see why people like it, but most of it just isn't for me. It's a lot like the Elvis Costello stuff I just can't get into

Katatonia though...❤️

• Like 1

Dio- Holy Diver 

I confess I don't listen enough to Dio. I'm seeking to change that, I love him.

• Like 5

Judas Priest- Point Of Entry

Desert Plains alone is enough reason to justify my putting this album in my top five. My absolute favourite drumming on any Priest track!

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Black Sabbath-Dehumanizer (9/10)

Everytime Dio was in this band he unlocks another level.  I love ozzy but i make no apologies in favoring Dio wholeheartedly.

Mick

I saw them on this tour. My 14 year old ears were not ready for the heaviness that is Tony Iommi's live tone. My hearing didn't get back to normal for over a week. This show probably did permanent damage to my hearing. The amazing thing about Dio is that he performed like he was in a stadium full of people even though it was only a three thousand seat theater. Both his stage presence and Iommi's guitar were too big for that place. The theater still stands today. Fun fact, four years later my high school graduation took place there and I got to walk across the same stage I saw them play on. I also saw Meat Loaf at that theater in 1994. I couldn't care less about graduating. I was happier being able to walk across the same stage they were on.

• Like 4