• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Earlier today 

Rhapsody- Legendary Tales 

Edited by Segue Myles

Judas Priest- Sin After Sin

Judas Priest- Point Of Entry

Judas Priest- Rocka Rolla

These are three terrific albums. Erm...eek...I love Rocka Rolla more than Sad Wings...

*walks away*

• Like 7

Steven Wilson-To The Bone (9/10)

i know it's not well loved.  and honestly i don't get why.  It's climbing to be my fav.  I actually play this the most of his.......fight me.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Alter Bridge- The Last Hero

I love everything about this album. 

Now playing:

Alter Bridge- Pawns And Kings 

Ditto

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Sometimes I think this is my favourite BG album. It's just terrific! He follow up, A Twist In The Myth, is my least favourite and I rarely ever play it

100% agree with you that A Night at the Open is terrific.

Interesting that you mentioned A Twist in the Myth because that was the next album I listed to.

What did I think of it?  

It ok.  Favorite song would be "Skalds and Shadows".  2nd favorite would be a toss up between "Another Stranger Me" and "Fly".  But there are a bunch of other songs that have their moments - "Turn the Page" (would be interesting if it was a cover of either the Rush or the Bob Seger song, but its not), "This Will Never End", "Carry the Blessed Home", & Lionheart.  I found them to be ok.

I can see why you might not like the album though.  Its sort of, I guess you could say, thin.  To use a Rush analogy it sort of reminds me of Presto or RTB.  Mind you, I like Presto a lot (its my 5th favorite Rush album) so thats not a turn off for me.  Might remind me a bit of HYF in a way - but HYF is my 3rd favorite Rush album so again, for me, not a turn off.

For me its better than Imaginations From The Other Side but not as good as the rest of their work.  Still, I find it to be decent.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

100% agree with you that A Night at the Open is terrific.

Interesting that you mentioned A Twist in the Myth because that was the next album I listed to.

What did I think of it?  

It ok.  Favorite song would be "Skalds and Shadows".  2nd favorite would be a toss up between "Another Stranger Me" and "Fly".  But there are a bunch of other songs that have their moments - "Turn the Page" (would be interesting if it was a cover of either the Rush or the Bob Seger song, but its not), "This Will Never End", "Carry the Blessed Home", & Lionheart.  I found them to be ok.

I can see why you might not like the album though.  Its sort of, I guess you could say, thin.  To use a Rush analogy it sort of reminds me of Presto or RTB.  Mind you, I like Presto a lot (its my 5th favorite Rush album) so thats not a turn off for me.  Might remind me a bit of HYF in a way - but HYF is my 3rd favorite Rush album so again, for me, not a turn off.

For me its better than Imaginations From The Other Side but not as good as the rest of their work.  Still, I find it to be decent.

I am still shocked you don't enjoy Imaginations From The Other Side! That's probably the bands most acclaimed album, alongside Nightfall! I love a differing opinion though.  

I did not really enjoy their latest album The God Machine. In fact, I was sorely disappointed by it. They said it was a return to their roots but I felt it was just poorly produced and sounds at times like demos. I prefer their first two speed metal albums over that.

For me, A Twist In Tge Myth just feels waaaaay too over produced. Like the production is so LOUD and the mixing is awful. I find it a drain to listen too. And the songs? Pretty much all filler, although I have a soft spot for Otherland because it's based on a Sci fi series from my favourite author Tad Williams. 

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Just now, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:
On 10/7/2023 at 9:46 PM, Turbine Freight said:

My Fav DP album 👍

• Like 3

Muse - Drones, 2015  (9/10) 

🤔 perhaps, although supposedly

‘ a concept album ‘ …due to having ‘ Mutt’ on-board as (co)producer .. is this their most straight ahead (in places) Hard Rock album (?)

This is in my car’s CD player …so I listen to it a lot !! … mostly because as much as I like it… the real reason is I can’t be bothered to go back in the house to change it for something different ! 🙃

• Like 3

Anathema-A Fine Day to Exit.

Yea so i don't think this band is for me.  I was mostly bored.

Muse-Black Holes & Revelations (10/10)

I'd been addicted to this specific album lately.

i mean near constaant rotation in the last week.

Mick

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Anathema-A Fine Day to Exit.

Yea so i don't think this band is for me.  I was mostly bored.

Muse-Black Holes & Revelations (10/10)

I'd been addicted to this specific album lately.

i mean near constaant rotation in the last week.

Mick

Glorious

• Like 1