Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

Paradise Lost- Obsidian

I've seen many fans hail this as one of the bands greatest albums. For the life of me, I just can't understand why I don't feel the same. The songwriting is varied, immaculate, covers all bases of their sound. The production is flawless, the vocals are impeccable, the melodies are top notch...everything about this album is as close to perfect as I could want. I have no notes of improvement to give.

But...it just doesn't excite me the way my favourites do. However, I recommend this as an entrypoint for new fans. It really does represent their entire discography beautifully. 

Gosh I love Paradise Lost. 

16 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death

I adore both these albums. AMOLAD is exquisite, in fact I might have to play this today 

• Like 3

Steven Wilson-The Raven That Refused to Sing (9/10)

Awesome record.  Though at some some points it drag a bit for me.  Hence i don't count it as perfect.  But it's STILL my 2nd fav Wilson album.

Mick

• Like 3

Paradise Lost- Medusa

I was mixed on this one when it came out. Now its a favourite of mine!

• Like 1

Steven Wilson- Hand Cannot Erase

Oh I LOVE this 

• Like 3

Yessingles [VINYL]: Amazon.co.uk: CDs & Vinyl

I decided on some 'radio friendly' Yes!

Yessingles is a compilation of Yes singles just released  as vinyl only. (I accessed it via Amazon Music).

It's not exactly essential but it was jolly good fun!

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 2

Anathema-Alternate 4.

Segue said if i liked Wilson i should try this band again.  However this one is more in the vain of Roger Waters. You coulid they love Floyd.

When this albUm started i was thrown a bit.  it's a bit weird.  i had to find my "sea legs"  as it were.  but the more it went on the more things sunk in.  by the end i was won over.

Nice pick Segue.

Mick

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Anathema-Alternate 4.

Segue said if i liked Wilson i should try this band again.  However this one is more in the vain of Roger Waters. You coulid they love Floyd.

When this albUm started i was thrown a bit.  it's a bit weird.  i had to find my "sea legs"  as it were.  but the more it went on the more things sunk in.  by the end i was won over.

Nice pick Segue.

Mick

This is not my favourite, but it's the earliest album I'd recommend. I think the next album is Judgement, and that one is beautiful. 

13 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

My fav wilson album.

it. is........PERFECT.

Mick

It definitely is! I prefer aspects of Raven but this was just faultless I thought

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

This is not my favourite, but it's the earliest album I'd recommend. I think the next album is Judgement, and that one is beautiful. 

I recently revisited We're Here Because We're Here and Weather Systems after revisiting some earlier stuff. Those two albums just hit right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Union 5-3992 said:

I recently revisited We're Here Because We're Here and Weather Systems after revisiting some earlier stuff. Those two albums just hit right. 

I adore them. But honestly Judgement onwards, pretty spotless discography for me. But those two are absolutely gorgeous 

Anathema- A Fine Day To Exit 

This is a beautiful follow up to Judgement. Gosh, I have missed this band. I wish they'd come back!

Blind Guardian- At The Edge Of Time

They followed my least favourite album by far with one of their more underrated. A terrific album!

• Like 2

Paradise Lost- Obsidian

Okay so this album is finally growing on meeeeeeee

I'm a bit obsessed with it actually!

They may once again boot Maiden out of my Top British Metal Band top spot...if they haven't already...oof this is SEXY

( over the past 3 days, each mutiple plays )

Def Leppard - High & Dry ‘81 (9/10)

Def Leppard - 💥Pyromania 💥️ ‘83

(10/10) 😎

Def Leppard - Adrenalize ‘ 92 (8/10) 

• Like 5