Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

3 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I think this is a decent contributing factor to the popular misconception that “rock is dead.”

However, the good news is that there are a few established big bands which buck this trend,  as both you EP & J2112YYZ already might remember 🤔 the magnificent & mighty Muse when I saw them live a few weeks ago had the Warning as one of their support acts :pirate:

Plus they also invited the excellent 

Royal Blood to perform too 👍😎

Edited by Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios
Spellchecker Typo as per ! 🙃
  • Like 3

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

However, the good news is that there are a few established big bands which buck this trend,  as both you EP & J2112YYZ already might remember 🤔 the magnificent & mighty Muse when I saw them live a few weeks ago had the Warning as one of their support acts :pirate:

Plus they also invited the excellent 

Royal Blood to perform too 👍😎

That is super cool, though when I saw Muse earlier this year they had Evanescence and One OK Rock, both of whom are about as established as they’re likely to ever be. I love Muse, but I think they’re more flattered than altruistic with having The Warning and Royal Blood as openers.

Also 
Genesis - Invisible Touch ‘86  (7/10)

From their ‘ pop ‘era. 

🤔 Domino & The Brazilian 

perhaps being the most interesting tracks for Prog fans

j do like Land of Confusion too 

• Like 4

Also from ‘86

It Bites ‘ The Big Lad in the Windmill ‘

(10/10)

Now THIS :imo: is how UK mid 80s 

pop orientated Hard Rock/Prog should sound :pirate: 😎 :yes:  

Edited by Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios
More info added
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

Also 

From their ‘ pop ‘era. 

🤔 Domino & The Brazilian 

The Brazilian is my least favorite track there, but I love the rest of it. Ballads and singles and all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

The Brazilian is my least favorite track there, but I love the rest of it. Ballads and singles and all.

Hmm Interesting 🤔

I think the title track is good also 😎

EP,  Bet you’ve never heard of the band 

It Bites ? 😉

( I don’t think they had any real success/fame outside of the UK ) 

I think you’d quite like them perhaps 🤔

13 minutes ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

Also 

From their ‘ pop ‘era. 

🤔 Domino & The Brazilian 

That's my favourite Genesis album! Obviously hardcore Genesis fans think I'm a philistine.

• Haha 3

TD …

Re: Jethro Tull I’ve only listened to selected tracks so far, but plan to choose an album to listen to in it’s entirety tomorrow 👍😎

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

TD …

Re: Jethro Tull I’ve only listened to selected tracks so far, but plan to choose an album to listen to in it’s entirety tomorrow 👍😎

Which one are you going to start with? Thick as a Brick?

12 minutes ago, treeduck said:

Which one are you going to start with? Thick as a Brick?

I’m going to start with Benefit. 

1 minute ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

I’m going to start with Benefit. 

That's a great one, it's my second favourite one. Try to listen to a version with all the extra tracks, the extra tracks are not like other band's extra tracks on reissues. TULL did loads of great songs that were on EPs or singles or just didn't make the album and most of them a great too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Union 5-3992 said:

It's still not the strangest line-up I've ever seen. I once saw Devin Townsend (acoustic guitar set), Dance With the Dead (heavy anime video game style music), and '68 (a glitch-punk duo) open for Avatar. The only thing the four acts had in common was that they all played guitar. 

I love '68.

2 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

That is super cool, though when I saw Muse earlier this year they had Evanescence and One OK Rock, both of whom are about as established as they’re likely to ever be. I love Muse, but I think they’re more flattered than altruistic with having The Warning and Royal Blood as openers.

After The Warning opened for Muse in Mexico, Matt Bellamy personally invited them to open in Europe. The tour with Royal Blood had already been announced. But Muse was so impressed with The Warning they wanted to add them to the tour.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

After The Warning opened for Muse in Mexico, Matt Bellamy personally invited them to open in Europe. The tour with Royal Blood had already been announced. But Muse was so impressed with The Warning they wanted to add them to the tour.

Still not altruism, lol. Doesn’t excuse the very well established openers we got in Chicago. Granted, I loved both of them, but you know, they’re not exactly up and coming.

But yes that is sick that they invited The Warning to open for them in Europe on the strength of those shows in MC. 

• Like 1

Taylor Swift- Evermore 

This album is really growing on me. I already loved it, but I love it even more now.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Chronos said:

Fleetwood_Mac_-_Tango_in_the_Night.png

Fleetwood Mac -- Tango in the Night (1987)

First listen. My first Fleetwood album, actually. Meh. I did know "Little Lies," which I adore.

You don't know Seven Wonders or Everywhere? Those songs were pretty big too. My mom had this on cassette back then. Seems like she always had it playing in the car for about a year whenever I would go somewhere with her. Since I was a kid that was pretty often.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1