Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

Just now, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

Yeah the title track is their ‘ Africa ‘ 🤣

don't get me started on Africa:laugh:

never liked it.  could never see the appeal.  it's stupid and not fun stupid.....just idiotic, lol

Mick

• Like 1

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday and today 

( Y&T ! .. think I’ll listen to them tomorrow ) 

Dream Theater - The Astonishing 

2016 (7/10) 

as much as I love DT .. it’s not one of their best ! 

• Like 2

Also …

:rush: - P/G (GUP )  10/10

I know this is one of their more 

marmite albums ( Hope people outside the UK know what marmite is ! 🤔🙃

but it was my first ever Rush album and it was also their current release at the time so I STILL love it ! :wub:

• Like 5

3 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Survivor-Eye of the Tiger (9/10)

Great album.  i just skip the title song.......hate it:puke:

Mick

Thats interesting.  I like the entire 1st side.  Second side I don't go wild for.  Have the album around here in my moving box's someplace.  Will pull it out one of these days and give it another listen to.  Its been a few years since I listened to it but when I got it back in the day I played it a ton.

Truthfully, after this album and Vital Signs I sort of lost track of Survivor.  I had no idea they even had any other albums.  Your comments about them over the last day or 2 have ignited my interest in checking out their other work.

Thanks!!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

Thats interesting.  I like the entire 1st side.  Second side I don't go wild for.  Have the album around here in my moving box's someplace.  Will pull it out one of these days and give it another listen to.  Its been a few years since I listened to it but when I got it back in the day I played it a ton.

Truthfully, after this album and Vital Signs I sort of lost track of Survivor.  I had no idea they even had any other albums.  Your comments about them over the last day or 2 have ignited my interest in checking out their other work.

Thanks!!!

Survivor never made a bad album IMO.  but my two favs are Vital Signs and When Seconds Count. 

Thoes are with their 2nd singer Jimi Jamison.

If you want a fantastic one with original singer Dave Bickler.  Check out Premonition.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Survivor-Eye of the Tiger (9/10)

Great album.  i just skip the title song.......hate it:puke:

Mick

Yeah same. Its odd to think that's their signature tune as generally speaking it doesn't represent their sound AT ALL

• Like 2

14 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

don't get me started on Africa:laugh:

never liked it.  could never see the appeal.  it's stupid and not fun stupid.....just idiotic, lol

Mick

I love Africa. It was one of three songs that got me into Toto.

If I had heard some deeper cuts i now love more first, never would have bothered

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I love Africa. It was one of three songs that got me into Toto.

If I had heard some deeper cuts i now love more first, never would have bothered

my first toto song was pamala without knowing it was toto.  heard Africa later.  Same story had i heard Africa first......Toto no go, lol

Mick

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

my first toto song was pamala without knowing it was toto.  heard Africa later.  Same story had i heard Africa first......Toto no go, lol

Mick

It is an odd song. I find it charming but when I remind myself it's an all time smash hit...it feels weird.

I feel the same about Tom Sawyer. Like...of all the songs in the world THAT is the song non-fans know

• Like 1

Mark Knopfler- Tracker (8/10)

Mark solo is weird.  if all you've ever heard from him is say the first 3 Dire Straits records.  this is jarring.  It's almost TOO laid back.  but he writes some downright gorgeous music.

Mick

• Like 2

Speaking of Tom Sawyer:

Rush- Moving Pictures 

The older I get the more this looks to be a contender for all time fave. With my love of Lacuna Coil fading somewhat, MP joins The Blackening by Machine Head, Third Eye Blind by Third Eye Blind, Ten by Pearl Jam and Born To Run by Springsteen as a contender for my top spot.

Gosh it's just so FLAWLESSSSSS

Masterplan- Masterplan

Masterplan- Aeronautics 

Masterplan- Mk II 

Masterplan are frequently categorised as power metal. I honestly don't agree. To me, they sound like if Alter Bridge came from Europe. The hooks are massive, the vocals are second to none, the playing is exquisite and their is a real classic rock mixed with eighties arena metal stomp to them. I am shocked they are so unknown, they definitely rank as a new favourite of mine.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

It is an odd song. I find it charming but when I remind myself it's an all time smash hit...it feels weird.

I feel the same about Tom Sawyer. Like...of all the songs in the world THAT is the song non-fans know

Luke said he had a bet with the band that Africa wouldn't be a hit.............when it was he was like "da fukk?????"''

so many odd songs bevame hits.  the public is crazy, lol

Mick

12 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Leonard Cohen-Ten New Songs (9/10)

In the mood for weird voices today.  but they're all great classic songwriters.

Mick

The first time I heard Cohen was in the (underrated, IMO) movie Pump Up the Volume.  Love him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

The first time I heard Cohen was in the (underrated, IMO) movie Pump Up the Volume.  Love him.

my mom was a huge Fan of these singer/songwriters.

She spun his records costantly. one of the best out there.

My fav records are various Positions on.  i love his deeper smokers voice.

Mick

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mithrandir said:

Damn.  That song is an all time classic.  Ah well.

It's better than any song on the new Lukather album, lol

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

It's better than any song on the new Lukather album, lol

boy you are OTT and untruthful you.........liar liare pants on fire!!!!!!! mean man.

NMEANNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!:rage:

Mick

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluefox4000 said:

boy you are OTT and untruthful you.........liar liare pants on fire!!!!!!! mean man.

NMEANNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!:rage:

Mick

It's very mid.