The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

1 hour ago, Nova Carmina said:

Damn. Two steps forward, one step back. Maybe we needed a year off from Europe next season anyway!

There is a truth there about skipping Europe. Leicester and Chelsea won their titles under Ranieri and Conte whilst "focusing on the league". I wish Spurs had been just poor enough, once or twice, to have free midweeks instead of Europa/Conference action. You don`t want to finish out of the Top 4 but the other best option is definitely 8th.

• Like 1

This season is going to be a real Rosie O`Donnell thing, by which I mean a bloated, unfunny pig of a season. I think it will become very tight, and nobody knows what`s going to happen after the World Cup - however, the Top 7 is Arsenal, City, Spurs, Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool and Newcastle. I don`t think this will ever change in future seasons... just the order... unless Qatar fancy adding an English club to their portfolio. :zzz:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Wisla 3 Podbeskidzie 3  :rolleyes:  Down to ten men after 40 minutes, scoring three goals, I should be happy. Nope.  

Do you ever think "We`ll never win again"? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Do you ever think "We`ll never win again"? 

Kinda like Ronnie. He really took that Northern Ireland Open loss hard.  "I don't care about snooker anymore", "It's only a business for me". :wacko:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Kinda like Ronnie. He really took that Northern Ireland Open loss hard.  "I don't care about snooker anymore", "It's only a business for me". :wacko:

He is in a fairly unique position of having played Snooker all but constantly since 1990, when he turned pro. Nobody enjoys a few frames more than I do... well, except maybe Steve Davis... and his wife... but that`s beside the point. Most players have a decade or so on the spotlight at their chosen sport, but over 30 years back from his mid-teens? :fistscrying:

• Like 1

Bloody terrible. I`d rather eat a slice of pie with quite a lot of rat in it than watch Spurs playing like this. :puke:

Or like Newcastle playing in the second half.  :moon:  

• Like 1

Can we agree on giving yellow cards to any goalkeeper that falls to the ground with the ball after making an easy save, while being one or two goals ahead at the time? Damn clowns, the whole bunch of them.  :angry:

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Chicken hawk said:

Patrioots play tonight..against  Chicago Bears,  at gillette.  

Patriots are favored to win .          

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

:angel:

And what was the final score? Now leave this place or the curse will continue.  :nyanya:  

On 10/24/2022 at 7:05 PM, blackhawkrush said:

Can we agree on giving yellow cards to any goalkeeper that falls to the ground with the ball after making an easy save, while being one or two goals ahead at the time? Damn clowns, the whole bunch of them.  :angry:

I do find it very funny. It reminds me of a gymnast having to hold her pose at the end of a routine.

• Like 1

I do find it very funny. It reminds me of a gymnast having to hold her pose at the end of a routine.

I guess they have the five seconds before the ref starts to notice.  :rolleyes:  

• Like 1

On 10/25/2022 at 8:27 PM, blackhawkrush said:

I guess they have the five seconds before the ref starts to notice.  :rolleyes:  

And the five seconds of the original catch, then the slow fall to the ground, and then the big drama about acknowledging the ref, and bouncing the ball a few times. Then feigning to kick, and then rolling it a bit. And then kicking it. :biggrin:

So, so boring. How`s the Cricket going? Oh... :facepalm:

That's why you have to be a fan of 42 different sports in order to not be completely disappointed.  :cool:  

• Like 2

I don`t know why Spurs are complaining about tiredness, as the ball was in play for only 53 minutes against Newcastle. They should have been champing at the bit for the Lisbon match. :ohmy:

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned