The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Wonder what is best for Spurs. Getting a win tonight and putting ourselves in a position to get to the next round, or losing, failing to make third and falling out of Europe, thus freeing up our resources for a fully-focused assault on....err... qualifying for next season`s Champions League! :mellow:

• Like 1

Oh, and while it never crossed my mind that Liverpool will not win at Rangers, I suppose it is technically possible, conceivable. I`d be more convinced of this outcome if Rangers hadn`t got themselves in a cracking run of losing without scoring in every European match of import. :facepalm:

Salah on the bench. Lazy so and so. :biggrin:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Wonder what is best for Spurs. Getting a win tonight and putting ourselves in a position to get to the next round, or losing, failing to make third and falling out of Europe, thus freeing up our resources for a fully-focused assault on....err... qualifying for next season`s Champions League! :mellow:

I wish I had your problems. You better win, because Marseille is capable of not registering a point the rest of the way, and you'll end up in the pits of hell they call Europa League. :firedevil:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

I wish I had your problems. You better win, because Marseille is capable of not registering a point the rest of the way, and you'll end up in the pits of hell they call Europa League. :firedevil:

The Marseille coach has pinned your post up on the dressing room wall as motivation! :yes:

• Like 1

Frankfurt have been way more fun this evening than I had anticipated, especially after the opening fifteen minutes. But they could really take all the sparkle from the result if they keep smashing into Kane and Son.  :thumbsdown:

58 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Lewandowski out of Champions League, Kliment scores on Bayern.  :facepalm:  Just a preview of tonight's Hawks opener. 

I mean, I`m obviously delighted for Barca and their economic levers. Shame for Lewy. 

• Like 1

A Spurs win would be the best result this evening.  Anyone with tangential links to the Mersey region or concerned about City and Arsenal duopolising the PL season will agree wholeheartedly. :thumbsup:

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

P       Pts 

Arsenal        9        24        
Man City      9        23

Tottenham 10       23

Chelsea        8       16

Big three pulling away :laugh:.  No, I`m not really expecting to finish third, but this was our eighth straight home league win. Incidentally, also Conte`s 50th match as Spurs boss. Won 30, drawn 8, lost 12, goals for 99, against 49.  Decent.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

P       Pts 

Arsenal        9        24        
Man City      9        23

Tottenham 10       23

Chelsea        8       16

Big three pulling away :laugh:.  No, I`m not really expecting to finish third, but this was our eighth straight home league win. Incidentally, also Conte`s 50th match as Spurs boss. Won 30, drawn 8, lost 12, goals for 99, against 49.  Decent.

Congrats! :cheers:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Sitting pretty in... errr... ninth. Might be a good time to think about getting a win. :facepalm:

A businessman who owns a chain of pharmacies in the region is interested in providing serious cash to the team, but you still need to pick the right players and that's been a problem around here in the last few years or so.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

A businessman who owns a chain of pharmacies in the region is interested in providing serious cash to the team, but you still need to pick the right players and that's been a problem around here in the last few years or so.  :rolleyes:

Just use his pharmaceuticals then. :smoke:

• Haha 1

Just now, IbanezJem said:

Fresh start, rebuild. :thumbsup:

27 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Yeah, that's all we need, to get dropped to League Two for cheating.   :rose:

Juve did it brilliantly!

2 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Miedz 1 Cracovia 1  :angry:  A draw with last place team cannot be celebrated. 

Away draw and you`re still complaining! :mellow: I can think of at least one worse way it could have finished, especially with, shall we say, the form of Krakow-based sides trending downwards. 

• Like 1

Let`s not forget the most important things while we all enjoy the game at Anfield - Arsenal are top and somebody has to stop them. I`ve got half a mind to enourage nuclear war. :blast:

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned