Mikaela Shiffrin Makes Downhill Skiing History!

goose

Congrats to USA's Mikaela Shiffrin who, with her latest World Cup slalom win, became the winningest skier at 47 cup wins in a single discipline!

Waiting at the bottom for her competitor to finish the course, Shiffrin burst into tears as Vlhova crossed the line 0.15 seconds behind her lead time.

• Like 5

It's not going to be any consolation to her, but 11 seconds is about 10.7 seconds longer than I could have remained upright at that speed on that incline.

:lol:

Yesterday I watched a compilation of twenty 2022 Olympic GS skiers blowing gates on that course like Shiffrin did. Insanely difficult.

• Like 2

It's not going to be any consolation to her, but 11 seconds is about 10.7 seconds longer than I could have remained upright at that speed on that incline.

Yesterday I watched a compilation of twenty 2022 Olympic GS skiers blowing gates on that course like Shiffrin did. Insanely difficult.

Well, now that he's single and still one of the richest men in the world, you can hardly blame them. Though the degree of difficulty would be less back at the lodge.

In the Olympics giant slalom Mikaela missed an early gate and so is out of competition on her first run.

Funny how things go

She did the same thing today in what was supposed to be her premier event.

I saw that. She looked absolutely stunned. Well, I guess she's had her fair share of wins, so she'll be fine. Probably lost $$$ in potential endorsement cash, though. I'll have to check into whether she'd already made the Wheaties box

Well, now that he's single and still one of the richest men in the world, you can hardly blame them. Though the degree of difficulty would be less back at the lodge.

• Like 1

^^^ Great pic.

Contrasting that is the Lyndsey Jacobelli story. Famously, at the Torino Olympics, with a huge lead for the gold in snowboard cross, a very young Lyndsey did a celebratory grab on the last jump and caught an edge, fell, and got passed. She won silver instead. She redeemed herself in Beijing this week and won Team USA's first gold. :cheerleader:

• Like 2

^^^ Great pic.

Contrasting that is the Lyndsey Jacobelli story. Famously, at the Torino Olympics, with a huge lead for the gold in snowboard cross, a very young Lyndsey did a celebratory grab on the last jump and caught an edge, fell, and got passed. She won silver instead. She redeemed herself in Beijing this week and won Team USA's first gold. :cheerleader:

Finally! She could have won multiple golds.

I'm really happy for her.

• Like 1

^^^ Great pic.

Finally! She could have won multiple golds.

I'm really happy for her.

Me too. Redemption is simply the best, in all its forms.
  • Like 1

In the Olympics giant slalom Mikaela missed an early gate and so is out of competition on her first run.

Funny how things go

She did the same thing today in what was supposed to be her premier event.

I saw that. She looked absolutely stunned. Well, I guess she's had her fair share of wins, so she'll be fine. Probably lost $$$ in potential endorsement cash, though. I'll have to check into whether she'd already made the Wheaties box

I think the media have just hounded her to death and put so much pressure on her. They didn't learn a thing after what happened in Tokyo with Simone Biles. I really think it was a horrible way to treat her, of course she is upset but let her process it a bit before you rake her over the coals. I want to slap some of those tone deaf reporters, they are rude and complete jackasses. :16ton:

• Like 1

What are you talking about? :huh:

"blowing [bill] gates"

I think

"blowing [bill] gates"

I think

:facepalm:
  • Like 1

"blowing [bill] gates"

I think

:facepalm:

Shameful, isn't it