The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Oh, I was just about to curse Atalanta for falling behind but they`ve equalised at Inter. Sun&Moon, you`ve got to finish above Jose (although his foul mouth and terrible attitude might drag Roma down without anyone`s help).

I wish you'd follow my league as closely as Sun&Moon's :eyeroll: although she's probably prettier than me.

It`s really a matter of my TV subscription. BT Sport have Serie A, whilst nobody seemed to bid for the Ekstraklasa rights :huh: And I`m sure you look just as good in a dress.
  • Like 2

Oh, I was just about to curse Atalanta for falling behind but they`ve equalised at Inter. Sun&Moon, you`ve got to finish above Jose (although his foul mouth and terrible attitude might drag Roma down without anyone`s help).

I wish you'd follow my league as closely as Sun&Moon's :eyeroll: although she's probably prettier than me.

It`s really a matter of my TV subscription. BT Sport have Serie A, whilst nobody seemed to bid for the Ekstraklasa rights :huh: And I`m sure you look just as good in a dress.

Yes, it's those man-boobs, you know. :drool:
  • Like 1

It`s on such afternoons that I am glad to be a relaxed kind of Spurs fan, not the obsessive and easily traumatised type :yes:

Kane's defending slide right before the third goal was of Benny Hill's standard. :finbar:
  • Like 1

It`s on such afternoons that I am glad to be a relaxed kind of Spurs fan, not the obsessive and easily traumatised type :yes:

Kane's defending slide right before the third goal was of Benny Hill's standard. :finbar:

I`d already averted my gaze to other things by then :facepalm: My days of sitting through drudgery are over!
  • Like 2

I watched the game in an old hotel room in a small town by the sea. No big screens, just my mobile phone. The TV in the room had already difficulties in fitting in a normal HD broadcast. :lol: But I almost ripped off my short cut hair in the last ten minutes of the match. Not sure if that's pretty. :D

And the journey fits easily in my top 3 or 2 trips ever. The people in that tiny town are special! :heart: Never been welcomed this warmly anywhere. I have roots there back in the 1770's (sailors and workers in the early marine industry etc.). I felt like I had come home there.

Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 2

I just heard the sad news today that England & Liverpool legend Roger Hunt has passed away.

My earliest recollections of supporting Liverpool go way back to 1967 when Roger was still playing for the Reds. A fine striker and an Anfield hero.

RIP Roger.

• Like 1

I just heard the sad news today that England & Liverpool legend Roger Hunt has passed away.

My earliest recollections of supporting Liverpool go way back to 1967 when Roger was still playing for the Reds. A fine striker and an Anfield hero.

RIP Roger.

Three goals at the '66 World Cup. R.I.P. :rose:
  • Like 1

Hey, Porto, can we play you every week?

Pop your application into Fernando Gomes of the Portuguese Federation. Sounds like the kind of story that would get Scousers all rattled up like the Super League fiasco - but then I wouldn`t have to hear YNWA before every game :ebert: The sentimental stuff from Merseyside makes me queasy (my apologies if you love that side of your club).

Burnley are the only club with a decent, rousing, walk on song (Wake Up by Arcade Fire).

Edited by IbanezJem

It's time for my daily bass practice. In a good mood, thanks to the victory. Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 2

Piast 2 Cracovia 4 :) Hat-trick for Van Amersfoort. That's seven goals on the season which leads Ekstraklasa. :)

I had a look at the Ekstraklasa website. Now, my Polish is almost certainly in need of a tune-up but I can get the gist of it. It appears everyone you love is in mid-table with the same goal difference? I would not manage good pronunciation of most of it, but luckily all the columns (like goals, W/D/L, assists and so on) all line up so I can make sense of it ;)
  • Like 2

It's time for my daily bass practice. In a good mood, thanks to the victory.

Excellent - you watched Atalanta and have wisely decided to play bass over watching Man Utd :ebert:

By coincidence I continued practicing the bass line of Red Lenses. :cool: And managed to witness Ronaldo's winner right after that.

• Like 1

Piast 2 Cracovia 4 :) Hat-trick for Van Amersfoort. That's seven goals on the season which leads Ekstraklasa. :)

I had a look at the Ekstraklasa website. Now, my Polish is almost certainly in need of a tune-up but I can get the gist of it. It appears everyone you love is in mid-table with the same goal difference? I would not manage good pronunciation of most of it, but luckily all the columns (like goals, W/D/L, assists and so on) all line up so I can make sense of it ;)

Yes, Cracovia 8th, Wisla 10th. I wish Legia would stay where they are.
  • Like 1

Excellent - you watched Atalanta and have wisely decided to play bass over watching Man Utd :ebert:

By coincidence I continued practicing the bass line of Red Lenses. :cool: And managed to witness Ronaldo's winner right after that.

Try 'In The Mood' next time, maybe he won't score.
  • Like 1

Try 'In The Mood' next time, maybe he won't score.

Gotta try it the days United plays Atalanta. :lol:

• The topic was unpinned