The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Finally a home win for La Dea. :) :) :)

Koopmeiners is showing his talent and Piccoli as well, as expected from these two.

I missed Atalanta's first UCL game of the season because of a very intense headache, but I'm looking forward to the Inter game on Saturday and the next UCL match against Young Boys.

Taking Feverfew each day for the eighteen months has really helped my headaches from becoming incapacitating. Spending more time outside and not having to work probably helps too! Kauanko se voi jatkua (I think) :sundog:

Koopmeiners is showing his talent and Piccoli as well, as expected from these two.

I missed Atalanta's first UCL game of the season because of a very intense headache, but I'm looking forward to the Inter game on Saturday and the next UCL match against Young Boys.

Taking Feverfew each day for the eighteen months has really helped my headaches from becoming incapacitating. Spending more time outside and not having to work probably helps too! Kauanko se voi jatkua (I think) :sundog:

Se voi jatkua kauan! :lol: I've bitten my teeth together almost every night since around 2004, and it creates these aches. It's a trauma response. I go to massage once a week, and it helps in maintaining a certain level of well-being. I will continue my sports activities when my nervous system calms down some more and I'm able to recover from exercise. At the moment yoga, streching or slow walks outside would do, and maybe swimming. But I miss the gym...

• Like 1

Se voi jatkua kauan! :lol: I've bitten my teeth together almost every night since around 2004, and it creates these aches. It's a trauma response. I go to massage once a week, and it helps in maintaining a certain level of well-being. I will continue my sports activities when my nervous system calms down some more and I'm able to recover from exercise. At the moment yoga, streching or slow walks outside would do, and maybe swimming. But I miss the gym...

Well, well, well... that`s exactly the same as my wife. She had to have jaw surgery due to her clamping (due to PTSD, as I mentioned in your thread) and actually cracked a tooth! She has to wear a mouthguard at night to stop her from doing more damage. And she`s very achey too. Awaiting an x-ray result on her hip which has been consistently troublesome, and is stopping her exercising currently. She`ll be pleased to know some of these things are not unique to her and also not just a result of turning 40 :lol:
  • Like 1

l

Well, well, well... that`s exactly the same as my wife. She had to have jaw surgery due to her clamping (due to PTSD, as I mentioned in your thread) and actually cracked a tooth! She has to wear a mouthguard at night to stop her from doing more damage. And she`s very achey too. Awaiting an x-ray result on her hip which has been consistently troublesome, and is stopping her exercising currently. She`ll be pleased to know some of these things are not unique to her and also not just a result of turning 40 :lol:

I appreciate the tips and experiences you share here. Yes, it's both saddening and soothing to know one's not alone with these symptoms. I also wear a guard at night but still there are tiny, vertical cracks in my teeth. Grinding and biting the teeth is about hypervigilance, which also makes me break in sweat night after night, again since 2004 (that was a bad year). And it has nothing to do with my age. :lol: Sleeping is often like a sports exercise with no fitness as a result. :banghead: Waking up many times a night makes waking up in the morning a real effort.

Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 1

l

I appreciate the tips and experiences you share here. Yes, it's both saddening and soothing to know one's not alone with these symptoms. I also wear a guard at night but still there are tiny, vertical cracks in my teeth. Grinding and biting the teeth is about hypervigilance, which also makes me break in sweat night after night, again since 2004 (that was a bad year). And it has nothing to do with my age. :lol: Sleeping is often like a sports exercise with no fitness as a result. :banghead: Waking up many times a night makes waking up in the morning a real effort.

So you really are like her! Hypervigilance - that means walking around at night with a baseball bat, and patrolling the outside at 3am due to hearing a noise. Not sleeping, to the extent she is almost nocturnal - sleeps much better if I`m up and she knows she is safe - which is why working from home has been brilliant for her as the traditional work hours were destroying her. Night sweats... yep, massive problems - windows wide open in winter and so on. I don`t think I should be talking to you, you should be talking to each other. Her issues are from childhood and until we met, when she was 27. A lot of life lived with nothing but sadness from it is horrible :(

l

So you really are like her! Hypervigilance - that means walking around at night with a baseball bat, and patrolling the outside at 3am due to hearing a noise. Not sleeping, to the extent she is almost nocturnal - sleeps much better if I`m up and she knows she is safe - which is why working from home has been brilliant for her as the traditional work hours were destroying her. Night sweats... yep, massive problems - windows wide open in winter and so on. I don`t think I should be talking to you, you should be talking to each other. Her issues are from childhood and until we met, when she was 27. A lot of life lived with nothing but sadness from it is horrible :(

:( She's really having a tough time, and to know she's lived with this since childhood makes me sad. Yes, we might have things to share, or survival tips. It might be time to continue this conversation in private messages, since there's no Ronaldo or Lewandowski involved in these posts. ;) :lol:

• Like 1

l

:( She's really having a tough time, and to know she's lived with this since childhood makes me sad. Yes, we might have things to share, or survival tips. It might be time to continue this conversation in private messages, since there's no Ronaldo or Lewandowski involved in these posts. ;) :lol:

Blackhawkrush is very broad-minded but you may have a point :)
  • Like 1

l

:) :lol:

l

You youngsters should hear about my troubles. :codger:
  • Like 2

Polish Cup ( no Ronaldo or Lewandowski ) Stal 1 Wisla 3 :cosmo: Normally I would be thrilled, but our opponents sent out a reserve squads for this one.

And a strongish Spurs get through on pens. There is probably not a scenario where I am thrilled by winning a Carabao Cup 3rd round tie, but it could just be the highlight of the season :cheerleader:
  • Like 2

Polish Cup ( no Ronaldo or Lewandowski ) Stal 1 Wisla 3 :cosmo: Normally I would be thrilled, but our opponents sent out a reserve squads for this one.

And a strongish Spurs get through on pens. There is probably not a scenario where I am thrilled by winning a Carabao Cup 3rd round tie, but it could just be the highlight of the season :cheerleader:

Gollini gave up two more. :tsk:
  • Like 1

Gollini gave up two more. :tsk:

But he saved a penalty :bump:
  • Like 2

LKS 0 Cracovia 0 :sigh: Three out of four missed penalties throws Cracovia out of Polish Cup.

Having looked into this, I see that LKS is not in fact just a rare form of epilepsy, but a team I know as ŁKS Łódź. And "The Knights of Spring" is an awesome nickname, sorry :huh: Much better than Tottenham`s trend for a Spring collapse. Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

LKS 0 Cracovia 0 :sigh: Three out of four missed penalties throws Cracovia out of Polish Cup.

Having looked into this, I see that LKS is not in fact just a rare form of epilepsy, but a team I know as ŁKS Łódź. And "The Knights of Spring" is an awesome nickname, sorry :huh: Much better than Tottenham`s trend for a Spring collapse.

That's only when they had Tomaszewski in goal. :P
  • Like 1

Having looked into this, I see that LKS is not in fact just a rare form of epilepsy, but a team I know as ŁKS Łódź. And "The Knights of Spring" is an awesome nickname, sorry :huh: Much better than Tottenham`s trend for a Spring collapse.

But The Knights of Spring! That really should be somewhere on side two of Caress of Steel :yes:
  • Like 2

But The Knights of Spring! That really should be somewhere on side two of Caress of Steel :yes:

If the deciding baseball games were to take place in the Spring, Geddy could've given that idea to Neil.
  • Like 2

If the deciding baseball games were to take place in the Spring, Geddy could've given that idea to Neil.

I`m massively inspired to write some sort of graphic novel with that title. If I could only get up from the sofa.
  • Like 2

I`m massively inspired to write some sort of graphic novel with that title. If I could only get up from the sofa.

So, it'll, ehh...it'll not be about Spurs, then, will it? ;) Edited by blackhawkrush
  • Like 2

So, it'll, ehh...it'll not be about Spurs, then, will it? ;)

Did you see the All or Nothing Spurs documentary on Amazon? Must be the only team with such a resounding "Nothing, please" :lol:
  • Like 1

Oh, I was just about to curse Atalanta for falling behind but they`ve equalised at Inter. Sun&Moon, you`ve got to finish above Jose (although his foul mouth and terrible attitude might drag Roma down without anyone`s help).
  • Like 1

Oh, I was just about to curse Atalanta for falling behind but they`ve equalised at Inter. Sun&Moon, you`ve got to finish above Jose (although his foul mouth and terrible attitude might drag Roma down without anyone`s help).

I wish you'd follow my league as closely as Sun&Moon's :eyeroll: although she's probably prettier than me.
  • Like 1

• The topic was unpinned