RPG: Who's Next vs. Abbey Road

choose one  

32 members have voted

1. 1. album

• The Who - Who's Next
    • The Beatles - Abbey Road
  2. 2. band

3. 3. all time great songwriter

I'll seek out music from The Who. I've never done that with The Beatles.

You also like the synth era, right?

Strangely, Abby Road is closer to the sugary pop sound of HYF than Who's Next, yet you prefer it.

:)

Strangely, Abby Road is closer to the sugary pop sound of HYF than Who's Next, yet you prefer it.

I do.

I wouldn't call either of the albums "sugary pop." And the synth era, of which HYF is part, isn't bad because it's "sugary pop." It's bad because it's comprised of albums that are collections of sterile-sounding songs drowned in synthesizers

After Rubber Soul or Revolver, you're just not going to topple a Beatles album. They sooner you wrap your head around that fact, the better.

;)

I do.

I wouldn't call either of the albums "sugary pop." And the synth era, of which HYF is part, isn't bad because it's "sugary pop." It's bad because it's comprised of albums that are collections of sterile-sounding songs drowned in synthesizers

After Rubber Soul or Revolver, you're just not going to topple a Beatles album. They sooner you wrap your head around that fact, the better.

;)

I pretty sure the synth era racked up decent silver, gold and platinum records.

I do.

;)

Lots of records do. Including other ones that aren't very good.

I do.

;)

5jer1p.jpg

• Like 3

I do.

;)

5jer1p.jpg

p.s. I wish I'd kept that hat.

Who's Next is one of rock's greatest albums.

But it's not a Beatles album.

Octopus' Garden and Silver Hammer are glaring weak tracks. Who's Next has highs that equal or surpass Abbey Road, and none of the throw away nonsense.

Nothing on Who’s Next surpasses anything on side 2. Or Come Together, Something or Oh! Darling. The Who just aren’t up to that admittedly impossible task.

Oh yeah???? Come say that to my face.

:fuckinputer:

:madra: :hi:

• Like 1

Octopus' Garden and Silver Hammer are glaring weak tracks. Who's Next has highs that equal or surpass Abbey Road, and none of the throw away nonsense.

Nothing on Who’s Next surpasses anything on side 2. Or Come Together, Something or Oh! Darling. The Who just aren’t up to that admittedly impossible task.

My policy is not to fight women. ESPECIALLY when there's a decent chance I could lose. :)

• Like 2

My policy is not to fight women. ESPECIALLY when there's a decent chance I could lose. :)

You are a very smart man. ;)

I voted for Who's Next and The Who because I adore the Who and that record is in a string from Tommy to Quad that is amazing...but I voted for Sir Paul as songwriter, because I think his impact is just inarguable. But looking again, I probably would vote differently, because Townshend is my favourite rock writer hands down. I enjoy some of McCartney's work outside of the Beatles...but the lion's share of Townshend's solo work is just flat out brilliant to me.

I voted for Who's Next and The Who because I adore the Who and that record is in a string from Tommy to Quad that is amazing...but I voted for Sir Paul as songwriter, because I think his impact is just inarguable. But looking again, I probably would vote differently, because Townshend is my favourite rock writer hands down. I enjoy some of McCartney's work outside of the Beatles...but the lion's share of Townshend's solo work is just flat out brilliant to me.

:goodone:
  • Like 1