RIP, Jeff LaBar of Cinderella

blueschica

I know there are some Cinderella fans on here, including me. I was sad to see this, this evening. Jeff LaBar, Cinderella guitarist (along with Tom Kiefer) has passed away.

RIP, Jeff. :rose: I love your work.

https://musicmayhemm...bar-dies-at-58/

Kind of a haunting video of him in 2014, as well as a Cinderella video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j7E7pvLxmI

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 5

I'm sorry, to hear, see, and read this. It's awful he has passed away. I've liked, and been a fan of "Cinderella". He was a talented, and gifted guitarist. He will be missed, and remembered. My condolences, to his family, and friends. R.I.P., Jeff.
  • Like 2

RIP

What did he die of?

Family has not disclosed the cause of death as of yet. I didn't realize it, but he had a long run of alcohol dependency and alcohol problems so maybe that caught up with him? That is just a guess, though.

• Like 2

I respect them for ditching their usual sound for Heartbreak Station. That may have done a little better if it hadn't come out the same time as Shake Your Money Maker since The Black Crowes were doing the same kind of bluesy traditional hard rock songs Cinderella did with the title track and Shelter Me.

RIP

• Like 1

I respect them for ditching their usual sound for Heartbreak Station. That may have done a little better if it hadn't come out the same time as Shake Your Money Maker since The Black Crowes were doing the same kind of bluesy traditional hard rock songs Cinderella did with the title track and Shelter Me.

RIP

Yes, Heartbreak Station was excellent!

The way the OP was written it wasn't clear that Tom Kiefer hadn't also passed away.

In finding out that wasn't the case, I learned something I thought was interesting...Tom Kiefer and Wayne Gretzky were born on the same day.

RIP Jeff. :rose:

• Like 1

I saw the news, and I'm a bit sadder that we don't get to see a Cinderella reunion. Over the years, I've seen them live perhaps five times, and they always put on a great show, whether they were headlining or opening. Perhaps the best time was on the Heartbreak Station tour, in which I had second row seats, which was the closest I ever was for a show (at least one without general admission).

RIP to an unsung guitarist for an underrated band.

• Like 2

So sad to hear this. I was a big fan of Cinderella back in the day and still listen to them occasionally. Jeff was a great guitarist and he will be missed. :rose:
  • Like 2