THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.25

That One Guy

10 members have voted

1. 1. When did TRF chatroom get taken down?

• May 1st
    • "This year"

i listened to this expat podcaster a lot who he said he was sick to see the americanization of brazil while there. maybe not in lifestyle, but in culture. He was also talking about how adherent the fillipinos were to the covid-19 lockdown, which was also saddening given that the free nature the third world offers is what he sees as the greatest benefit. this sort of thing is going to become increasingly inescapable moving forward i think, especially with social media being so prevalent now, we have a mainstream global culture which is going to be found in any city around the world. I know I'm being pretty general here

• Like 1

It's kind of funny, we have a rapidly diminishing quality of life here in the USA, yet we're still held to the same work/social standards as before for the most part, so we're busting ass just as much, for less. We're going to get the detriments of the first world (4HL) while losing the benefits of it, maybe moving to a developing country as a lifestyle change would be a net positive for all those who could do it. and maybe "developing" countries don't really need all that more development anyway.

• Like 1

a flight to brazil is about double of what it was two years ago, pretty pricey, but i have a friend i could visit there just to hang out. plus i want to do some filming there, i've been filming a lot more often as a hobby lately. the only issue is you're required to be vaxxed to travel to brazil by flight.. which i am, of course

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Not said:

i listened to this expat podcaster a lot who he said he was sick to see the americanization of brazil while there. maybe not in lifestyle, but in culture. He was also talking about how adherent the fillipinos were to the covid-19 lockdown, which was also saddening given that the free nature the third world offers is what he sees as the greatest benefit. this sort of thing is going to become increasingly inescapable moving forward i think, especially with social media being so prevalent now, we have a mainstream global culture which is going to be found in any city around the world. I know I'm being pretty general here

I saw it a decade ago on what was my last visit to the European mainland.  All my favorite cities (Munich, Florence, Barcelona...) no longer had the charm they once offered.  And everyone looked the same...like an ad for the GAP.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, goose said:

Had to drive in heavy traffic today.  I don't know how people do it on a daily basis.

It is soul robbing as daily a chore.

2 hours ago, goose said:

Measures of a good week:  Did you climb a slope, ford a stream, traverse a meadow, contemplate a birdsong?

:sad:

Wednesday night I ate nachos and watched TV.

6 hours ago, JohnRogers said:

Had me some chili-lime chips the other day and it was all I could do to just not finish the whole bag