THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.25

That One Guy

10 members have voted

1. 1. When did TRF chatroom get taken down?

• May 1st
    • "This year"

3 hours ago, Mr. Not said:

how that's still a prevalent line of feminist thinking beats me. kinda retarded how they always find cooking in particular to be offensive. yeah, gee, the horror... 

on the other hand i'm offended that culinary arts always get discarded like this, cooking is as difficult and interesting as you want it to be. It's definitely a few steps above Sarah's friend's office job.

It shouldn’t be hard for people. Cooking is something to be proud of when you’re good at it. It is not a gender specific activity. Any functioning adult should be able to cook. Nobody should constantly expect their partner to always cook for them. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, goose said:

After I retired I got to stay home, take care of the kid and cook.  It was awesome.  :smile:

My cousin is his long term girlfriend’s stay at home dude. No kids, he just cleans the house walks the dog and cooks for her. On one teachers salary lol. Living in her parents basement apartment. Since late 2018 he hasn’t worked by choice. They could’ve bought a damned home if he didn’t “retire” at 38

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

My cousin is his long term girlfriend’s stay at home dude. No kids, he just cleans the house walks the dog and cooks for her. On one teachers salary lol. Living in her parents basement apartment. Since late 2018 he hasn’t worked by choice. They could’ve bought a damned home if he didn’t “retire” at 38

to each his own

This state is too great 

The only thing better would be being in Summit County, cleaner air and more mild summers

wild expensive now, and I’m married to a 3% mortgage 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Good to see that Utah is not sympathetic to squatters 

Thank a conservative.  :smile:

17 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

This state is too great 

The only thing better would be being in Summit County, cleaner air and more mild summers

wild expensive now, and I’m married to a 3% mortgage 

Free money.  Those were good days.

Out of curiosity,  what would your payment be at 7% instead of 3%?

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, goose said:

Free money.  Those were good days.

Out of curiosity,  what would your payment be at 7% instead of 3%?

Escrow is about $300 of my $1800 mortgage. It would be $2700 at 7%. Actually less of a rise than I thought, 50% counting a fixed escrow on a rate more than doubled. Hard to mental math fantasy mortgages! Amortization ftw 

It’s a good feeling knowing that I could rent this house out, with recurring expenses, and roughly break even while paying it down. I love seeing the interest/principal payment split get a few bucks heavier on the principal side every month. Paid down $20k of this $360k borrowed so far. 

Had I bought earlier… man… that could’ve been really nice.

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Escrow is about $300 of my $1800 mortgage. It would be $2700 at 7%. Actually less of a rise than I thought, 50% counting a fixed escrow on a rate more than doubled. Hard to mental math fantasy mortgages! Amortization ftw 

It’s a good feeling knowing that I could rent this house out, with recurring expenses, and roughly break even while paying it down. I love seeing the interest/principal payment split get a few bucks heavier on the principal side every month. Paid down $20k of this $360k borrowed so far. 

Had I bought earlier… man… that could’ve been really nice.

You're in the money game, that's all that matters!

On 3/28/2024 at 6:06 PM, That One Guy said:

There's no such thing as "free parking", there's just parking with the cost baked into the price of what you're there for. And a steep cost it is!

If anyone loves free parking everywhere they go, I 100% don't want to hear them bitch about the reasonable concept of public transit not charging at the point of consumption.

The younger generation  strongly believes that we can save the planet with better Urban Design.

While that may be true, just wait 40-50 years, then tell me how much you want  walkable neighborhoods versus driving to where you need to go.

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

Conservatives overdosing on copium

a true epidemic 

FMN

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, GabesCavesOfIce said:

The younger generation  strongly believes that we can save the planet with better Urban Design.

While that may be true, just wait 40-50 years, then tell me how much you want  walkable neighborhoods versus driving to where you need to go.

A lot of elderly people are afraid of driving or completely unable to. Creating areas that are utterly car dependent is a huge middle finger to the elderly, disabled, children, and any adult under 250 lbs. 

There are no societal negatives to trading car-only places for places where the car is simply one of 3+ options. 

Edited by That One Guy

8 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

A lot of elderly people are afraid of driving or completely unable to. Creating areas that are utterly car dependent is a huge middle finger to the elderly, disabled, children, and any adult under 250 lbs. 

There are no societal negatives to trading car-only places for places where the car is simply one of 3+ options. 

As someone with unexpected knee and back issues, and that's after 50+ years of zero problems in those areas, including walking a mile or two a day, vitamins daily... I can think of quite of a few senior citizens who cannot deal with a walkable neighborhood in any way shape or form.

I would have loved it two or three years ago for sure. That's why I say wait 40 or 50 years to the Millennials and gen Z's,  perception will change when the nerves tell you something different than what they are telling you now