THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.25

That One Guy

10 members have voted

1. 1. When did TRF chatroom get taken down?

• May 1st
    • "This year"

10 minutes ago, GabesCavesOfIce said:

High inflation and oil comes and goes, but that Egypt peace deal  remains to this day 

He interrupted the 3 hour premiere of Battlestar Galactica around 10:30 on a Sunday school-night. I had to beg my mother to stay up, fuck that guy.

1 minute ago, JohnRogers said:

He interrupted the 3 hour premiere of Battlestar Galactica around 10:30 on a Sunday school-night. I had to beg my mother to stay up, f**k that guy.

I get it. Kinda like when Newt interrupted Sunday afternoon NFL to impeach some horny dude.

14 minutes ago, GabesCavesOfIce said:

How is HSR possible in the USA with its rules allowing freight trains to cause delays viewable from the ISS?

By building all new passenger-only track. That's what Brightline Florida did, that's what California HSR is doing, and that's what Brightline West is going to do.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

By building all new passenger-only track. That's what Brightline Florida did, that's what California HSR is doing, and that's what Brightline West is going to do.

Progress being made as depicted below. California HSR is Capricorn One?

NBC's Pricey 'Supertrain' Took a Short-Lived Ride – The Hollywood Reporter

just about everyone in our generation is a de facto antinatalist now. elon musk, kim jong un, putin, etc are all urging the citizens to have kids cause no one wants to, and people are mocking them for taking this stance. meanwhile the immigration crisis (the supposed solution) just f***s up the prospects of having a family even more. the situation is kind of comedic really

7 hours ago, Mr. Not said:

just about everyone in our generation is a de facto antinatalist now. elon musk, kim jong un, putin, etc are all urging the citizens to have kids cause no one wants to, and people are mocking them for taking this stance. meanwhile the immigration crisis (the supposed solution) just f***s up the prospects of having a family even more. the situation is kind of comedic really

Meh, everyday I'm more and more becoming Old Man that Yells at Clouds. I'll be dead in 25 years and I don't care about the future.

• Like 1

im guilty of what i criticize myself when it comes to starting a family, but the key difference is i don't take an anti-natalist or 'kids suck' attitude. i think it's one of the pathetic and disgusting things when adults complain about how they hate children.

3 hours ago, JohnRogers said:

Meh, everyday I'm more and more becoming Old Man that Yells at Clouds. I'll be dead in 25 years and I don't care about the future.

I've come to the realization that it's pointless to buy something that's a limited edition or rare because I'll be dead before I could flip it for any profit. 

27 minutes ago, BastillePark said:

I've come to the realization that it's pointless to buy something that's a limited edition or rare because I'll be dead before I could flip it for any profit. 

Most times the kids don't want our 'collectable crap'.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2023 at 12:15 PM, JohnRogers said:

Most times the kids don't want our 'collectable crap'.

Yep. Don't go expecting your kid to be thrilled to inherit some 40-50 year old car that means a lot to you, but nothing to them. Or furniture, books, Laserdisc collections, anything really.

I think about the guy in one of those Rush movies that literally has file cabinets full of all kinds of press releases, magazine articles and the like. All that effort and it will end up in a landfill or burnt like regular garbage. I guess if it makes him happy that's a positive. Sheryl Crow even wrote a song about it. Wanna hear it? Here it goes. 

54 minutes ago, BastillePark said:

I think about the guy in one of those Rush movies that literally has file cabinets full of all kinds of press releases, magazine articles and the like. All that effort and it will end up in a landfill or burnt like regular garbage. I guess if it makes him happy that's a positive. Sheryl Crow even wrote a song about it. Wanna hear it? Here it goes.

Yeah, I have none of that shit.