The Hu

tangy

Metal with a "heritage flavour", for lack of a better definition, is indeed awesome. From Sepultura mixing thrash with the rhythm of the Brazilian tribes on Roots, to Angra mixing beats from the Northeast of Brazil on Holy Land, The Hu adding the Mongolian influence, and Alien Weaponry inserting the Maori culture into metal elements. I love it!!
  • Like 3

Metal with a "heritage flavour", for lack of a better definition, is indeed awesome. From Sepultura mixing thrash with the rhythm of the Brazilian tribes on Roots, to Angra mixing beats from the Northeast of Brazil on Holy Land, The Hu adding the Mongolian influence, and Alien Weaponry inserting the Maori culture into metal elements. I love it!!

Good description!

I have no clue what they're saying but damn this stuff is catchy.

So true. It is catchy. Thanks for posting that video!

I heard about these guys awhile back watching a documentary about a European metal festival. Maybe hellfest?

Anyways they popped up on my wardruna channel.

I seek out music of all kinds, and have definitely spent hours looking for this sort of thing as well.

Why limit yourself to a singular sound?

I like the Hu, but I prefer older Tengger Cavalry, especially the Sunesu album.

Cool. Iirc I heard the wolf ritual by them

The tennger calvary was good. Little more shreddy?

Yeah, they are definitely more metal, and for quibblers they are Inner Mongolia rather than Outer Mongolia.

The Hu are very good- I don't intend to knock them at all.

And sadly Nature, their vocalist and founder, struggled with mental illness and is now deceased.

Nine Treasures are another fine band from Inner Mongolia.

• Like 1

Yeah, they are definitely more metal, and for quibblers they are Inner Mongolia rather than Outer Mongolia.

And sadly Nature, their vocalist and founder, struggled with mental illness and is now deceased.

Sorry to hear of his passing.

You sure know this genre. I heard some nine treasures and liked it too. Some song whose title I found to be hilarious. Praise for fine horse!

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of his passing.

You sure know this genre. I heard some nine treasures and liked it too. Some song whose title I found to be hilarious. Praise for fine horse!

I spend time typing various genres into google paired with various nations, just to see what comes up and if I like it.

Stumbled onto this scene several years ago and was really surprised when the Hu took off.

Pleasantly so, of course!

• Like 1