"Rewind, Replay, Rebound!" This Danish Band Called VOLBEAT RULES! Makes metallica Look Like A Baby Metal Cover Band! LOL! "Still Counting"

RUSHHEAD666

Volbeat... lololololol garbage

I never heard of them. So, I went to YouTube and tried the two songs with the most views. These:

http://youtu.be/TAhyZegVkhw

http://youtu.be/vEN3mQ0ql30

There’s some good and bad with these.

First, the good...

Either could be used in some cheesy teen tv drama. Is that good? No but that’s as good as these get.

And now the bad...

Truth is that I couldn’t listen to either for more than 30 seconds...well, that was for the second tune. The first one I gave up after maybe 15 seconds. No shit.

Hey at least you tried.

I just like typing about bands too that not many have heard. Regardless of the outcome. Who cares! Metallica SUCKS! That's my opinion. "SO WHAT!" Get it??? LOL

That is actually a bonus track on the Japan Pressing of the "Black Album." Yeah, I rip Metallica, but I know all about them suckers.

Looking at Metallica’s discography...I like their first 5 albums (Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning are easily my favorite 2), I don’t care about two others, I really dislike two others, and the latest one released a few years ago I haven’t cared enough to try. So given those stats, they’re a real mixed bag for me. MoP is as great as St.Anger is shitty. Such a huge gap between those two quality-wise for me. Oh well.

It's of JB. I am with you 100%. After the Black Album it's all shite to me. I even love the covers EP "Garage Days Revisited." Not that Part Two Covers Crap. "Whiskey In The Jar?" Horrific cover. They can suck my "LOAD." I tried to get excited about Death Magnetic. Still Meh, just like Hardwired.

I will never give them a dime again.

Even on the black album you could see they were turning to something else. Too many Hetfield “ohhhh...whoooaaa...raaaaahhhh...”s in the vocals. I blame Bob Rock.

Once again JB you are right on the money. Bob Rock! I prefer Bob Cock! PRIMUS! I meant to type "OK" not "of." I hate typos!

:lol:

I know what you meant. :lol:

When I see the name Bob Rock, I think of that musclebound sax musician who’s in Lost Boys for whatever the f**k reason. You know who and what I mean. Just cheese inserted for no real reason. “Gimme fuel gimme fire gimme that whatever raaaaaaaarh...” Stupid :lol:

• Like 1

I never heard of them. So, I went to YouTube and tried the two songs with the most views. These:

First, the good...

Either could be used in some cheesy teen tv drama. Is that good? No but that’s as good as these get.

And now the bad...

Truth is that I couldn’t listen to either for more than 30 seconds...well, that was for the second tune. The first one I gave up after maybe 15 seconds. No shit.

Hey at least you tried.

I just like typing about bands too that not many have heard. Regardless of the outcome. Who cares! Metallica SUCKS! That's my opinion. "SO WHAT!" Get it??? LOL

That is actually a bonus track on the Japan Pressing of the "Black Album." Yeah, I rip Metallica, but I know all about them suckers.

Looking at Metallica’s discography...I like their first 5 albums (Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning are easily my favorite 2), I don’t care about two others, I really dislike two others, and the latest one released a few years ago I haven’t cared enough to try. So given those stats, they’re a real mixed bag for me. MoP is as great as St.Anger is shitty. Such a huge gap between those two quality-wise for me. Oh well.

It's of JB. I am with you 100%. After the Black Album it's all shite to me. I even love the covers EP "Garage Days Revisited." Not that Part Two Covers Crap. "Whiskey In The Jar?" Horrific cover. They can suck my "LOAD." I tried to get excited about Death Magnetic. Still Meh, just like Hardwired.

Even on the black album you could see they were turning to something else. Too many Hetfield “ohhhh...whoooaaa...raaaaahhhh...”s in the vocals. I blame Bob Rock.

Once again JB you are right on the money. Bob Rock! I prefer Bob Cock! PRIMUS! I meant to type "OK" not "of." I hate typos!

When I see the name Bob Rock, I think of that musclebound sax musician who’s in Lost Boys for whatever the f**k reason. You know who and what I mean. Just cheese inserted for no real reason. “Gimme fuel gimme fire gimme that whatever raaaaaaaarh...” Stupid :lol:

Hahahaha!! You are funny buddy!

How do you read my mind? "LOAD" SUCKS! Pun intended. When I heard "Fuel" for the first time I ejected the cd and used it as a fuckking beer coaster! LOL!

So cool, I just watched "The Lost Boys" a few weeks ago. GREAT MOVIE!!!!!!

• Like 1

First, the good...

And now the bad...

Hey at least you tried.

How do you read my mind? "LOAD" SUCKS! Pun intended. When I heard "Fuel" for the first time I ejected the cd and used it as a fuckking beer coaster! LOL!

Lost Boys IS great. Even that cheese dick sax player! I wish vampire Kiefer and his crew ripped him to shreds right then and there mid-concert! Along with Bob Cock...err, Bob Rock! :lol:

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

Lars is on my top ten list of people I'd like to sucker punch if they were walking down the street. I refuse to support any band with that no talent dick.

Some Kind of Monster? Let's show the world how we're a bunch of whiney bitches wanting to be a metal band. You're grown ass men for Christ Sakes...get over your shit. More like Some Kind of Pussies.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1

Lars is on my top ten list of people I'd like to sucker punch if they were walking down the street. I refuse to support any band with that no talent dick.

Some Kind of Monster? Let's show the world how we're a bunch of whiney bitches wanting to be a metal band. You're grown ass men for Christ Sakes...get over your shit. More like Some Kind of Pussies.

I skipped that but heard a lot about it. When I think about it though, most adult arguments I’ve seen or have been involved in have whiny bitches in them. I’ve been one I’m sure, and even more so in the eyes of those I’ve argued with.

Still, I wouldn’t want to see them argue for two hours with the finish line being the release of their worst album.

• Like 1

If they sound like Metallica then I won't like them for sure!

I want your opinion Pat. Your takes are very important to me in the landscape of METAL. Regardless what you think. It's your opinion! Fukk It.

Ok I'll give it a proper listen in a few minutes.

Pat! I would give "Outlaw Gentelmen & Shady Ladies" a spin. It's their heaviest record I believe. Also the King Diamond song is on this record, "Room 24," Killer Metal. JMO

Earl I think you should spend Christmas getting back into the Beatles!

Holy Shit Beers! YOU FUCKKING ROCK! I can't stand that fuckking little midget prick. Small Dick BIG EGO. I will give him the thumbs up on his drumming on the first four albums.

But then after that? A third grader can play those drum parts. He is so boring. So lazy. I know they almost fired his ass a few times.

"Some Kind Of Monster" is great because it shows you how fuckking pathetic METALLICA really is. Mustaine wrote most of "Kill 'Em All."

METALLICA are the biggest most overrated bunch of mediocre musicians on the planet. Hetfield's vocals sound like he just got out of bed after smoking 500 packs of cigarettes and eating a plate of broken glass.

Cliff was the most talented of the bunch and we all know what sadly happened to him.

It blows my mind that 90% of the world will go see Metallica in seconds. They sell out all around the planet in hours.

Humanity can't be this blind? Can they?

The only way I would EVER pay to see them again would be if they played the first three albums all the way through.

The last time I saw METALLICA was for FREE. I saw them play for a half hour in a trailer in the Oakland Coliseum Parking Lot before the AFC Title game between the Raiders and the Titans.

Now that was COOL!

• Like 1

I want your opinion Pat. Your takes are very important to me in the landscape of METAL. Regardless what you think. It's your opinion! Fukk It.

Pat! I would give "Outlaw Gentelmen & Shady Ladies" a spin. It's their heaviest record I believe. Also the King Diamond song is on this record, "Room 24," Killer Metal. JMO

It's funny Pat. I just got my Japan Box set of The Rolling Stones cardboard mini sleeves. The box has every album up to HOT ROCKS.

I have my Japanese mini sleeve Beatles Box too! I might fire up both bands buddy.

• Like 1

EPIC POST

• Like 1

First, the good...

And now the bad...

Hey at least you tried.

Lost Boys IS great. Even that cheese dick sax player! I wish vampire Kiefer and his crew ripped him to shreds right then and there mid-concert! Along with Bob Cock...err, Bob Rock! :lol:

Hahahaha! Good one amigo. I agree!

• Like 1

I saw them support Metallica in Belfast. The are a decent enough band. A bit different.

Hey MIGHTY ZEPP!

Just checking in! Hope you are well and safe!

That's interesting buddy, you saw Volbeat open up for Metallica. So I sure you saw the differences and a few similarities.

I will take Volbeat waaaaaaaay over Metallica!!! However The Unholy Trinity of KILL RIDE and MASTER are EPIC.

• Like 1

It's funny Pat. I just got my Japan Box set of The Rolling Stones cardboard mini sleeves. The box has every album up to HOT ROCKS.

I have my Japanese mini sleeve Beatles Box too! I might fire up both bands buddy.

Excellent! :NP: << Ringo :guitar: << George :blah: << Paul :smoke: << Lennon

I saw them support Metallica in Belfast. The are a decent enough band. A bit different.

Hey MIGHTY ZEPP!

Just checking in! Hope you are well and safe!

That's interesting buddy, you saw Volbeat open up for Metallica. So I sure you saw the differences and a few similarities.

I will take Volbeat waaaaaaaay over Metallica!!! However The Unholy Trinity of KILL RIDE and MASTER are EPIC.

Yeah, they put on a good show ...... considering Metallica gave them a sh*te sound and next to no lighting.

You keeping ok Earl?

Edited by zepphead

Holy Shit Beers! YOU FUCKKING ROCK! I can't stand that fuckking little midget prick. Small Dick BIG EGO. I will give him the thumbs up on his drumming on the first four albums.

But then after that? A third grader can play those drum parts. He is so boring. So lazy. I know they almost fired his ass a few times.

"Some Kind Of Monster" is great because it shows you how fuckking pathetic METALLICA really is. Mustaine wrote most of "Kill 'Em All."

METALLICA are the biggest most overrated bunch of mediocre musicians on the planet. Hetfield's vocals sound like he just got out of bed after smoking 500 packs of cigarettes and eating a plate of broken glass.

Cliff was the most talented of the bunch and we all know what sadly happened to him.

It blows my mind that 90% of the world will go see Metallica in seconds. They sell out all around the planet in hours.

The only way I would EVER pay to see them again would be if they played the first three albums all the way through.

The last time I saw METALLICA was for FREE. I saw them play for a half hour in a trailer in the Oakland Coliseum Parking Lot before the AFC Title game between the Raiders and the Titans.

Now that was COOL!

Mustaine is credited with co-writing four of the ten songs on Kill 'Em All. That is not MOST of the album.

It's funny how people complain about Lars being a bad/lazy drummer all the time. Let me ask you this, would him being a skilled drummer like a Charlie Benante or Dave Lombardo really make Metallica's best material better than it already is? I'm not so sure about that. Lars by his own admission says he's aware that he's nowhere near the level of skill that his drumming peers in thrash were back in the day. So, he says he just plays what he feels is the best fit for the song.

At least the guy seems aware that he isn't that good.

• Like 1

Now that was COOL!

Mustaine is credited with co-writing four of the ten songs on Kill 'Em All. That is not MOST of the album.

It's funny how people complain about Lars being a bad/lazy drummer all the time. Let me ask you this, would him being a skilled drummer like a Charlie Benante or Dave Lombardo really make Metallica's best material better than it already is? I'm not so sure about that. Lars by his own admission says he's aware that he's nowhere near the level of skill that his drumming peers in thrash were back in the day. So, he says he just plays what he feels is the best fit for the song.

Just give me the first four albums and call it the day. Lars is solid on those records.

As for 4 out of 10? Oh well. I thought it was more.

Now that was COOL!

Just give me the first four albums and call it the day. Lars is solid on those records.

Mustaine also has writing credits for Ride The Lightning and Call Of Ktulu. Perhaps you were thinking of those two as well. I think Mustaine wrote all the music for Ride. All the riffs in that song sound one hundred percent like him.

• Like 1

Now that was COOL!

Mustaine also has writing credits for Ride The Lightning and Call Of Ktulu. Perhaps you were thinking of those two as well. I think Mustaine wrote all the music for Ride. All the riffs in that song sound one hundred percent like him.

Doesn't he have writing credits on something from Master Of Puppets as well? They used his riffs for a long time after he was gone. Not like I blame them, they were gold.

Now that was COOL!

Doesn't he have writing credits on something from Master Of Puppets as well? They used his riffs for a long time after he was gone. Not like I blame them, they were gold.

He doesn't have any writing credits on Master. I do wonder how that worked when using some of Mustaine's stuff on Kill and Ride. Did he just say here you go guys, you can use that. Or did Metallica just find some studio recordings he did and asked him if it was ok to use? Because after he was out of the band Mustaine could have easily told them to f**k off and take his material with him.

Now that was COOL!

He doesn't have any writing credits on Master. I do wonder how that worked when using some of Mustaine's stuff on Kill and Ride. Did he just say here you go guys, you can use that. Or did Metallica just find some studio recordings he did and asked him if it was ok to use? Because after he was out of the band Mustaine could have easily told them to f**k off and take his material with him.

Oh I know where I got that idea about MoP. Mustaine claims he wrote parts of what became Leper Messiah. I thought it was The Thing That Should Not Be, and I thought it was more than just a disputed claim.

As for the way Metallica got permission to use his stuff...I don't think they actually did. When they dumped Mustaine, they knew some of their best material featured riffs and melodies that Mustaine wrote, so they just put him on the credits rather than try to write better material to replace it or ask him for permission. Knowing Dave, he was probably none too pleased, but took it as a challenge to just write better music for Megadeth.