2020-2021 College basketball thread

Fordgalaxy

The semifinal of the Big Ten Tournament at Lucas Oil Stadium on Saturday afternoon featured a 1 p.m. game between Ohio State basketball and Michigan, followed by a 3:30 game between Illinois and Iowa. Those four teams are among the country’s top eight by any metric you want to use.

https://www.clevelan...n-21-years.html

Well, maybe not any metric. :P

Yeah, "any metric" is a bit of a stretch, but they are easily all in the top 10. So far, two of them have played poorly and the other team played well. In any 5 game stretch, I'd be willing to bet the Big 10 team would win 4 of them.

I-L-L L-O-L

How's this for a metric: Dunks allowed. Iowa gave up the most uncontested NCAA tournament dunks in the past five years. :lol:

Big Ten’s NCAA Tournament embarrassment continues with Iowa getting throttled by Oregon

https://clutchpoints.com/big-tens-ncaa-tournament-embarrassment-continues-with-iowa-getting-throttled-by-oregon/

Colorado the first PAC12 loss, showing once again that conference expansion was a mistake. :P

Meanwhile, USC Trojans are rolling Kansas, up 64-42 with 8:30 to go.

Make that 66-42.

71-44. Trojans 10/15 from long range so far.

Edited by goose

Colorado the first PAC12 loss, showing once again that conference expansion was a mistake. :P

Make that 66-42.

79-44. Wow!

Make that 66-42.

79-44. Wow!

Worst tournament loss ever for Kansas. HAHA! (personal grudge against Bill Self for abandoning Illinois after telling them he was happy there. I understand why he did it, but f**k him anyway)

Decidedly west coast Sweet 16 which warms my heart......Gonzaga, UCLA, Oregon, Oregon State and USC

A return to form! This was a nice little jab from USC's coach toward the analysts that hadn't given his team much credit:

In his opening remarks, [coach] Enfield was sure to thank a pair of CBS analysts he’d heard pick Kansas and call his teams “undisciplined” on the air.

“Imagine if we were disciplined,” he joked.

USC's Isaah Mobley provided conference foe Oregon with some bulletin board material, though. On facing Oregon next, Mobley is quoted as saying:

“They’ve been on a roll,” Mobley said.

“I don’t want to say necessarily they’ve got luck. They’re a good team. But they stole the Pac-12 championship from us.”

Edited by goose

Decidedly west coast Sweet 16 which warms my heart......Gonzaga, UCLA, Oregon, Oregon State and USC

A return to form! This was a nice little jab from USC's coach toward the analysts that hadn't given his team much credit:

In his opening remarks, [coach] Enfield was sure to thank a pair of CBS analysts he’d heard pick Kansas and call his teams “undisciplined” on the air.

“Imagine if we were disciplined,” he joked.

USC's Isaah Mobley provided conference foe Oregon with some bulletin board material, though. On facing Oregon next, Mobley is quoted as saying:

“They’ve been on a roll,” Mobley said.

“I don’t want to say necessarily they’ve got luck. They’re a good team. But they stole the Pac-12 championship from us.”

Sportsball players aren't known to be the sharpest tool on the workbench.

...On the other front, the ladies aren't doing too shabby down in San Antonio.

Sleeper Alert at Riverwalk: #1 seed UConn vs #5 seed Iowa Saturday.

If you want to see a couple of first year players light it up, watch the Huskies Paige Bueckers go at it with the Hawkeyes Caitlin Clark. Get those remote controls ready!

...On the other front, the ladies aren't doing too shabby down in San Antonio.

Sleeper Alert at Riverwalk: #1 seed UConn vs #5 seed Iowa Saturday.

If you want to see a couple of first year players light it up, watch the Huskies Paige Bueckers go at it with the Hawkeyes Caitlin Clark. Get those remote controls ready!

Paige is fun to watch!

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/30892931

Edited by goose

Go Zags!

Getting it done so far. The Zags defense is making it hard for Creighton to finish shots.

There's an analogy I'd like to be able to use about what Gonzaga is doing to Creighton but can't.

I was watching UCLA and Alabama and the Bruins were down early when I got pulled away (to help with a literary analysis essay, of all things). I check in at the half and UCLA is up 40-29. Must have been a heckuva run!

I was watching UCLA and Alabama and the Bruins were down early when I got pulled away (to help with a literary analysis essay, of all things). I check in at the half and UCLA is up 40-29. Must have been a heckuva run!

They were shooting out of their minds. The diametric opposite of the first two minutes of the second half.

They were shooting out of their minds. The diametric opposite of the first two minutes of the second half.

The Bruins appear to be slow starters. :lol:

Not watching closely, but I've yet to see UCLA get anywhere near the basket in terms of ball penetration. Edited by goose

Not watching closely, but I've yet to see UCLA get anywhere near the basket in terms of ball penetration.

I'm watching but not necessarily for ball penetration. ;)

Not watching closely, but I've yet to see UCLA get anywhere near the basket in terms of ball penetration.

:lol:

Bruins can't seem to score inside (Bama's height is a problem). It's a free throw contest...

:lol:

Bruins can't seem to score inside (Bama's height is a problem). It's a free throw contest...

Between two mediocre free throw shooting teams...