Caress My Steel Panther! "Down The Tubes" Poll: Why Did The Critics And Many Of You RUSH FRUITS On Here Hate "Caress Of Steel?" IT FRIGGIN' RULES!

RUSHHEAD666

CARESS OF STEEL! STRONGER THAN KEVLAR! STRONGER THAN THE MAN OF STEEL! NO KRYPTONITE HERE!  

18 members have voted

1. 1. TRUE OR FALSE!!!! "CARESS OF STEEL" IS A RUSH MASTERPIECE! THE EMPTY SUITS AT MERCURY RECORDS WERE FUCKKED! ONLY WANTED TO MAKE A PROFIT! NEIL IS A PROPHET! "IMMORTAL FOR A LIMITED TIME!"

• TRUE! "CARESS OF STEEL" IS A MASTERPIECE!!!! EPIC!!!! ADDICTS!
    • FALSE! THE EMPTY SUITS WERE RIGHT! PURE SHIT! "DOWN THE TUBES" TOUR!! FLUSH THIS RECORD INTO THE SEWER! VAPOR TRAILS IS BETTER!!
    • HEY EARL THE NECRO"RAMER!" FUKK OFF! BUT YOU ARE THE BIGGEST RUSH FAN IN THE GALAXY! LOL!

"FEEL THE STEEL" Caress Of Steel Haters!!!

Negativity about this album can just fade away into the center of the SUN!!!

But go ahead.

I can't wait to read why some or many of you so-called Rush Fruit Freaks hate this album!! WTF??????????

I am currently cranking "Caress Of Steel." I will never understand why this record flopped in the charts and on here. This so-called sacred Rush Forum.

This place is still keeping the Rush Spirit alive!!!

Why do people who love RUSH hate this EPIC MASTERPIECE???

"I Think I'm Going Bald?" Really? Rush Fakes hate this song. It's bloody brilliant.

It was only done as homage to "Goin' Blind" by KISS!! KISS SAVED RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!

All of you fuckking Rush Fruits who hate KISS should be worshipping the existence of Paul and Gene!!! DUHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! LOL!!!

Anyway "Hemispheres" will always be my number one Rush Record. "Caress Of Steel" is next. Addicts And Parents is off the charts. NEIL ELWOOD PEART RULES!! Although I know he clicked his sticks in that track. No one is perfect. Not even The Professor!!!

Come on Gang!!! Wake UP! Put on "Caress Of Steel" and embrace the METAL!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 3

Great album. A little undercooked in places (or maybe overbaked.... :smoke: ), but overall not deserving of its historically poor reputation.
  • Like 1

I always liked it, as soon as I had the Archives collection I was all in. The only thing that took a little bit of getting used to was I thought Bastille Day wasn't as explosive as it is on ATWAS, which was the second RUSH album I ever heard after Permanent Waves.
  • Like 3

I always liked it, as soon as I had the Archives collection I was all in. The only thing that took a little bit of getting used to was I thought Bastille Day wasn't as explosive as it is on ATWAS, which was the second RUSH album I ever heard after Permanent Waves.

It's not. But that's just how great ATWAS is.

• Like 1

Great album. A little undercooked in places (or maybe overbaked.... :smoke: ), but overall not deserving of its historically poor reputation.

Hahaha! "Undercooked" and "Overbaked!" Reminds me of Michaels' new threads today! LOL! Classic! Just like "Caress Of Steel."

So I will admit I think I goofed.

My top three RUSH albums are:

HEMISPHERES

GRACE UNDER PRESSURE

CARESS OF STEEL

I love the Dark Side Of Rush. Hence I'm also a Star Wars Dork. Can't stand Star Trek but I don't hate it.

• Like 2

Hahaha! "Undercooked" and "Overbaked!" Reminds me of Michaels' new threads today! LOL! Classic! Just like "Caress Of Steel."

HEMISPHERES

GRACE UNDER PRESSURE

CARESS OF STEEL

I love the Dark Side Of Rush. Hence I'm also a Star Wars Dork. Can't stand Star Trek but I don't hate it.

I didn't know you were a Star Wars fan! I love Star Wars! What's your favorite SW movie?

• Like 1

Damn Pat! You remind me of a young me in 1980! My best friends were two years older than me. They were twins. Doug and Derek.

We went into Rainbow Records one day.

I asked them both... "I want to find a band that is hard rock and heavy.

Doug took me to the Rush cassettes section of the store. He pulled out "Permanent Waves" on cassette. He told me.... "Earl if you want a great heavy record get this one by RUSH.

I was so fuckking stupid. I looked at the black and white album cover and I said.... "This album is heavy rock? The album cover looks boring." So I frigging passed on it.

I would have fallen in love with RUSH in 1980 if I had just bought the cassette! Of course my first Rush record was "Moving Pictures."

But then Pat, I had to go back and buy every Rush record made. Even as a young fella who was in the 8th grade!

RUSH changed my life. I have no regrets in 2020!!!

RUSH RULES!!!!!

• Like 1

HEMISPHERES

GRACE UNDER PRESSURE

CARESS OF STEEL

I didn't know you were a Star Wars fan! I love Star Wars! What's your favorite SW movie?

Hahaha! I thought you knew my son! LOL!

It's so funny buddy. I just bought the cool Star Wars 4K Box Set from Best Buy. All 9 films are in it with a cool letter from Mark Hamill.

It's incredible.

I have been very lucky my friend. I have seen every Star Wars movie in the theater. That goes back to 1977. I was 9. Saw it at Festival Theater in Walnut Creek Ca. I remember it like it was yesterday.

My favorite?

I was just talking about this tonight with my daughter Zoe and her boyfriend Nick. They are also big Star Wars Freaks.

I am strange buddy. LOL! You know this. Ha!

I love ROUGE ONE!!!!! EPISODE 3.5!!!!!!

I know it's strange but I love how it fills that black hole in between III and IV. So then naturally I'm "A New Hope" guy.

I just love "Rouge One." Ties everything together. It's so dark and yet so essential for the plot.

I love how Vader just kicks ASS!!!!!

What is your favorite Star Wars flick? I guess I chose a "Star Wars Story" as my favorite. "SOLO" was good. But not great!!

• Like 1

HEMISPHERES

GRACE UNDER PRESSURE

CARESS OF STEEL

It's so funny buddy. I just bought the cool Star Wars 4K Box Set from Best Buy. All 9 films are in it with a cool letter from Mark Hamill.

It's incredible.

I have been very lucky my friend. I have seen every Star Wars movie in the theater. That goes back to 1977. I was 9. Saw it at Festival Theater in Walnut Creek Ca. I remember it like it was yesterday.

My favorite?

I was just talking about this tonight with my daughter Zoe and her boyfriend Nick. They are also big Star Wars Freaks.

I know it's strange but I love how it fills that black hole in between III and IV. So then naturally I'm "A New Hope" guy.

I just love "Rouge One." Ties everything together. It's so dark and yet so essential for the plot.

What is your favorite Star Wars flick? I guess I chose a "Star Wars Story" as my favorite. "SOLO" was good. But not great!!

Rogue One is fantastic! I agree totally with all of that! My favorite is Episode IV. The first one I saw after getting myself a little Lego Star Wars video game and suddenly getting interested in seeing the movies. My dad made sure I watched them in the right order, the one they came out in. After that It's VII and V. I was so excited to get to see a real Star Wars movie in theaters when VII came out, and it was everything I had hoped it might be! Derivative sure but it had great source material, like Led Zeppelin.

• Like 1

HEMISPHERES

GRACE UNDER PRESSURE

CARESS OF STEEL

It's incredible.

My favorite?

Rogue One is fantastic! I agree totally with all of that! My favorite is Episode IV. The first one I saw after getting myself a little Lego Star Wars video game and suddenly getting interested in seeing the movies. My dad made sure I watched them in the right order, the one they came out in. After that It's VII and V. I was so excited to get to see a real Star Wars movie in theaters when VII came out, and it was everything I had hoped it might be! Derivative sure but it had great source material, like Led Zeppelin.

Wow!! We are related! LOL! Thank you! Rogue One Rules!!!! I do love Episode IV too! Of course! So many love "Empire Strikes Back." It's great but it's not my favorite! "Return Of The Jedi" would have been EPIC but the stupid Ewoks killed the deal for me. I am sure you know this, but Lucas wanted Endor to be a Planet Of Wookies, but he couldn't fit it into the budget so the created those stupid furry Ewoks with the plastic eyes! UGH!!!!

I am also showing my age! Episode VII was made for guys and gals my age. LOVED IT!! NOSTALGIC!!

• Like 1

Damn Pat! You remind me of a young me in 1980! My best friends were two years older than me. They were twins. Doug and Derek.

We went into Rainbow Records one day.

I asked them both... "I want to find a band that is hard rock and heavy.

Doug took me to the Rush cassettes section of the store. He pulled out "Permanent Waves" on cassette. He told me.... "Earl if you want a great heavy record get this one by RUSH.

I was so fuckking stupid. I looked at the black and white album cover and I said.... "This album is heavy rock? The album cover looks boring." So I frigging passed on it.

I would have fallen in love with RUSH in 1980 if I had just bought the cassette! Of course my first Rush record was "Moving Pictures."

But then Pat, I had to go back and buy every Rush record made. Even as a young fella who was in the 8th grade!

RUSH changed my life. I have no regrets in 2020!!!

RUSH RULES!!!!!

Well it was different for me I actually heard Permanent Waves before I saw the cover or knew the band's name. It was at school early in 1980 and these kids I knew were listening to music in one of the corridors that linked one building to another. It had a really cool echo. They were listening on a ghetto blaster and I turned up just as The Spirit of Radio was cranking up and as soon as I heard it I was blown away so I listened to some more songs, Freewill and Jacob's Ladder and that was it, my introduction to RUSH and I was hooked.

A few days later I heard ATWAS in a physics lab where some other kids were hanging out and Bastille Day blew me away. What blew me away more was when these kids told me it was the same band I'd been listening to in the corridor, RUSH again but I thought it was another new great band!

• Like 1

HEMISPHERES

GRACE UNDER PRESSURE

CARESS OF STEEL

Grace Under Pressure in your top 3 Earl? There's much new wave in it for me and there's some real stinkers like The Body Electric, Red Lenses and The Enemy Within. I'm surprised you haven't got 2112 in there! It must be too metal for you! :16ton:

Here's my rankings:

1. A Farewell to Kings

2. Hemispheres

3. Moving Pictures

4. Permanent Waves

5. 2112

6. Caress of Steel

7. Fly By Night

8. Signals

9. Power Windows

10. Hold Your Fire

11. Clockwork Angels

12. Vapor Trails

13. Counterparts

14. RUSH

15. Grace Under Pressure

16. Snakes & Arrows

17. Roll the Bones

18. Test For Echo

19. Presto

• Like 1

A I have said before in other posts, Caress of Steel was the first Rush album I bought (it had just been released and a mate recommended it). So it has always been an important album to me personally.

TBH i prefer COS to almost all of the post Signals albums Rushed released.

HEMISPHERES

GRACE UNDER PRESSURE

CARESS OF STEEL

Grace Under Pressure in your top 3 Earl? There's much new wave in it for me and there's some real stinkers like The Body Electric, Red Lenses and The Enemy Within. I'm surprised you haven't got 2112 in there! It must be too metal for you! :16ton:

Here's my rankings:

1. A Farewell to Kings

2. Hemispheres

3. Moving Pictures

4. Permanent Waves

5. 2112

6. Caress of Steel

7. Fly By Night

8. Signals

9. Power Windows

10. Hold Your Fire

11. Clockwork Angels

12. Vapor Trails

13. Counterparts

14. RUSH

15. Grace Under Pressure

16. Snakes & Arrows

17. Roll the Bones

18. Test For Echo

19. Presto

Pat! I will revisit this tonight. I just watched the unrated version of "Robocop." I think this movie withstands the test of time. It's better than "Terminator." A whole other topic to discuss.

I will give you my top list Rush albums too.

I need to think about this hard.

I understand "The Body Electric." But it was an MTV Video. I do confess the opening drum pattern by Neil is so mundane and repetitive .

I remember back in 1984 when I would play my drums to "GUP" my parents rarely complained, but I remember even as a kid in 1984. They told me that drum pattern was annoying. LOL!

However, "Red Lenses" is one of my all time favorite songs by RUSH. I understand Pat. I am in the minority. Probably because as a drummer Neil blows my mind on the drums. At the end of "Red Lenses" I get so pissed off because during the fade out Neil just goes the fuckk off. Some of the greatest drumming in the world is on that song.

"The Enemy Within" is a masterpiece.

I drew the album cover in high school and got an honorable mention award. I did it in watercolor.

I was obsessed with GUP.

Can't help it. Pat.

That same year I did "Power Windows" in paint. "Theatre Of Pain" in color pencil." ZZ Top's "Afterburner back cover in pencil. I was art student of the year. Glad I'm just a loser who plays my drums.

LOL!

I run a very successful company and I have fallen in love during Covid 19 and wildfires.

Anything can happen!!! ROLL THE BONES!!!!

Never give up on anything in life.

GOODNIGHT!!!!!!!!

Lisa will be meeting my parents on Friday night over outdoor dining.

I'm very excited.

What's that song by Steel Panther? Hey it's my fuckking poll. Hijack off away. Don't care!! LOL!

"CARESS MY STEEL!"

"FEEL THE STEEL!"

As Michael Starr would say.... "PUSSYWHIPPED!"

"2112" is METAL?

Cum on Pat.

Side One is EPIC METAL. Overplayed for my taste.

Side Two of "2112" is mellow yellow. Yet fantastic.

"Caress Of Steel" blows "2112" away.

DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

RUSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!H!

HUSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

DEEP PURPLE!

I'm in deep shit!!!! LOL!

PAT!!! "PRESTO" IS BRILLIANT!!

LOVE YOU BITCH!

NITE!

• Like 1

Bastille Day is a great song.

Geddy's singing on Lakeside Park is really annoying.

I Think I'm Going Bald is generic.

Necromancer is excellent musically if silly lyrically.

Fountain's metaphor for a singular human life span is excellent, only Panacea lags.

Overall this album is definitely a keeper. I love it.

• Like 1

I have always defended COS on here.

I am probably in the Guiness Book Of World Records for the person who has listened to this album more than anyone else.

What scares me is that I am thinking too much like Earl (my favorite Star Wars movies are probably IV and 3.5 also).

COS and Hemispheres have pretty much been tied as my favorite album for the last 20 years but I typically go with COS (since Hemispheres gets more love than COS).

I know I've shared this many times but my last two license plates were HMSPHRS and LAMNETH.

Have loved the tradition of the past 3 (or maybe 4) TRF meetup tailgates in Bristow playing the Fountain Of Lamneth with SteelCaressed's (don't think he has posted in about 10 years) son. I'm just glad he sang so my drunk ass could focus on the guitar.

• Like 2

I got up on stage at my wedding and played Return Of the Prince along with my best-man (he played the solo parts - I played the rhythm)
  • Like 2