The 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Nova Carmina

So now it is do or die time for England. This will be the easiest tie that they will face from now on.

It`s so easy to imagine Yarmolenko scoring from a mile and England hitting all parts of the woodwork etc. Logically though, England should be able to dictate enough of the play with the midfield selections to create some real chances.

3-0 England.

3 - 0 is reality. Remains to be seen if Ukraine can score.

4! Another Blackhawkrush prediction down the drain :facepalm:
  • Like 3

So now it is do or die time for England. This will be the easiest tie that they will face from now on.

It`s so easy to imagine Yarmolenko scoring from a mile and England hitting all parts of the woodwork etc. Logically though, England should be able to dictate enough of the play with the midfield selections to create some real chances.

3-0 England.

:lol: I didn't expect for Kane to overachieve like this.
  • Like 3

3-0 England.

:lol: I didn't expect for Kane to overachieve like this.

Each goal is £10m more in Tottenham`s pockets :16ton:
  • Like 2

Ukraine had no answer for England's centering passes into the box, but many countries suffered from that particular part of English style of play. :hi:
  • Like 3

Ukraine had no answer for England's centering passes into the box, but many countries suffered from that particular part of English style of play. :hi:

I thought England would control midfield, and Ukraine would break from deep, but they didn`t really break at all - we pressed well and gave them little room to breath. I liked Shaw playing high, almost like Germany`s full backs. Quite impressive, on the whole.
  • Like 3

I thought England would control midfield, and Ukraine would break from deep, but they didn`t really break at all - we pressed well and gave them little room to breath. I liked Shaw playing high, almost like Germany`s full backs. Quite impressive, on the whole.

What's the story with Foden? I don't think he's injured. Is Southgate saving him for the final two games? I know he's got yellow card trouble. Was this a factor in Gareth's decision?
  • Like 2

What's the story with Foden? I don't think he's injured. Is Southgate saving him for the final two games? I know he's got yellow card trouble. Was this a factor in Gareth's decision?

I don`t think there`s that much to it; Sancho hadn`t made an appearance, Grealish and Foden had and they are playing for one place. To reach the semi`s with all having had some minutes (except Coady and x2 goalkeepers) and nobody missing through injuries or suspensions is quite a healthy place to be. Kane and Sterling always start, but I think Foden could start with them against Denmark. They try to press more than Ukraine so his footwork in tight spots will be better value than Sancho`s pace.
  • Like 3

Spain - Italy 3-2 England - Denmark 2-1

Oh, you`d like that, wouldn`t you? I can`t see how those Spaniards with all their inconsequential passing will win against this energised Italian side. Unless the loss of Spinazzola really messes up Mancini`s system, of course... he has been key.
  • Like 3

Oh, you`d like that, wouldn`t you? I can`t see how those Spaniards with all their inconsequential passing will win against this energised Italian side. Unless the loss of Spinazzola really messes up Mancini`s system, of course... he has been key.

He was the only Italian that wasn't faking it that night...but he could've hopped a few more yards to the sideline. :P
  • Like 1

He was the only Italian that wasn't faking it that night...but he could've hopped a few more yards to the sideline. :P

I cannot see Spain beating Italy. In fact I cannot see anyone beating Italy so my predictions are Italy v England with Italy winning overall and gaining a few Oscars in the process.
  • Like 5

I cannot see Spain beating Italy. In fact I cannot see anyone beating Italy so my predictions are Italy v England with Italy winning overall and gaining a few Oscars in the process.

Well, apart from the England part, it`s precisely the final I predicted a few weeks ago :D
  • Like 1

England have the biggest curse of all, bigger than the backing of Blackhawkrush, to overcome tomorrow night, as their semi is to be broadcast on.... ITV!

To those who are not subjected to the casual nonsense of British TV, it`s the commercial one and traditionally associated with bad magumbo for England. I think most of the big tournament historic losses have been on this channel. ITV and BBC tend to haggle and bitch with each other so BBC got the Germany game, and the Ukraine one...

As for Spain v Italy, it`s on BBC tonight so Italy should get through, as the obvious beacon of goodness and light throughout the Euros.

• Like 3

England have the biggest curse of all, bigger than the backing of Blackhawkrush, to overcome tomorrow night, as their semi is to be broadcast on.... ITV!

To those who are not subjected to the casual nonsense of British TV, it`s the commercial one and traditionally associated with bad magumbo for England. I think most of the big tournament historic losses have been on this channel. ITV and BBC tend to haggle and bitch with each other so BBC got the Germany game, and the Ukraine one...

As for Spain v Italy, it`s on BBC tonight so Italy should get through, as the obvious beacon of goodness and light throughout the Euros.

I really hope Italy reach the final.

I have enjoyed watching their games.

Some fantastic attacking flair with the hard cynical Italy of old in the background when it is required.

• Like 2

Some fantastic attacking flair with the hard cynical Italy of old in the background when it is required.

I think we all want Italy to win, except Senor Roberto Blackhawkrusho*. It must be all that aimless tiki-tika, helping him sleep through the noise of Chicago traffic :zzz:

*If that even is his real name.

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 3

I think we all want Italy to win, except Senor Roberto Blackhawkrusho*. It must be all that aimless tiki-tika, helping him sleep through the noise of Chicago traffic :zzz:

Simone...sounds a little like simulazione. :tsk:
  • Like 3

I fully simpatizzare with your point of view, as we say in Scotland. Sono Italiano de Bonchester Bridge. Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 2

I fully simpatizzare with your point of view, as we say in Scotland. Sono Italiano de Bonchester Bridge.

:musicnote: :musicnote: :musicnote:.... O Sole Mio.... :musicnote: :musicnote: :musicnote: :musicnote:
  • Like 2

I fully simpatizzare with your point of view, as we say in Scotland. Sono Italiano de Bonchester Bridge.

:musicnote: :musicnote: :musicnote:.... O Sole Mio.... :musicnote: :musicnote: :musicnote: :musicnote:

We're getting dangerously close to Italo Disco. :scared: Edited by blackhawkrush
  • Like 2

We're getting dangerously close to Italo Disco. :scared:

:LMAO:
  • Like 1

We're getting dangerously close to Italo Disco. :scared:

I speak for all of us I think in saying we might look in that abyss, but we`ll never let it look back into us :no:
  • Like 2

Ok, your best predictions: a penalty shoot-out tonight or not?

Mine is: Italy 2 - Spain 1 after 90(+) minutes. No shoot-out.

• Like 1

Ok, your best predictions: a penalty shoot-out tonight or not?

Mine is: Italy 2 - Spain 1 after 90(+) minutes. No shoot-out.

I would hope for something more clinical, a solid 3-1, no extra time required.

Will be very interesting to see who can dominate midfield, but the width and pace of Italy should get those pesky Spaniards back into their shells. It`s a concern that Spain have been indefatigable so far, but that`s not the same as being good.

• Like 1