RIP Steve Priest of Sweet

Are you ready Steve? One of my favorite songs of all time by anyone.

"It's, it's a...................." another tragic day!!

"Ballroom Blitz" buddy!

Hey! Confession:

I'm a big KROKUS fan and when I was a kid I bought "The Blitz." Back then I thought that it was a KROKUS original. Silly me.

More rock trivia for you.

Another band I love and rave about on here. The SURF PUNKS also covered this track!!!

ROCK ON!

• Like 2

I'm sorry, to see, and hear this. My condolences, to his family, and friends. R.I.P., Steve.

"Ballroom Blitz" buddy!

Hey! Confession:

I'm a big KROKUS fan and when I was a kid I bought "The Blitz." Back then I thought that it was a KROKUS original. Silly me.

Another band I love and rave about on here. The SURF PUNKS also covered this track!!!

ROCK ON!

I'm a Krokus fan as well. Interestingly, I had the same thing happen to me with Stayed Awake All Night. goose actually told me it was a cover. I never knew that.

• Like 1

"Ballroom Blitz" buddy!

Hey! Confession:

ROCK ON!

I'm a Krokus fan as well. Interestingly, I had the same thing happen to me with Stayed Awake All Night. goose actually told me it was a cover. I never knew that.

Nice Rick!!! YOU ROCK!!!!! Love that you are a Krokus fan too. THEY RULE!

Wait what? "Stayed Awake All Night" is a cover?

Krokus kills me.

"Ballroom Blitz" then "School's Out on one of the worst albums ever made... "Change Of Address."

"Ballroom Blitz" buddy!

Hey! Confession:

ROCK ON!

Holy Shit Rick! It's true!!! BTO wrote "Stayed Awake All Night!" It's not a bad original but KROKUS made it sooooo much better.

I saw BTO open for VAN HAGAR on the 5150 TOUR.

BTO blew Van FAGAR away. JMO

My missus was a huge Sweet fan. She even got to see them when Brian Connolly was still alive (although he wasn't in great shape by then).

Very much part of the 'Glam' scene here in the UK in the early 70's although you could tell from the non-single tracks that there was a

good hard rock band waiting to break out! Sadly in latter years they broke into two 'versions' of Sweet - 'Andy Scott's Sweet' and 'Steve Priest's Sweet'

.... sad when bands end up like that but hey! money talks!

My favourite Sweet track will always be Love Is Like Oxygen.

RIP Steve Priest.

• Like 2

"Ballroom Blitz" buddy!

Hey! Confession:

ROCK ON!

Holy Shit Rick! It's true!!! BTO wrote "Stayed Awake All Night!" It's not a bad original but KROKUS made it sooooo much better.

I saw Krokus on the Headhunter tour open up for Def Leppard, who were supporting Pyromania. Great double bill.

"Ballroom Blitz" buddy!

Hey! Confession:

ROCK ON!

I saw Krokus on the Headhunter tour open up for Def Leppard, who were supporting Pyromania. Great double bill.

I know most people don't listen for that lyrics, but Marc Storace makes Sammy Hagar look like Shakespeare.

ETA: f**k autocorrect

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

"Ballroom Blitz" buddy!

Hey! Confession:

ROCK ON!

I know most people don't listen for that lyrics, but Marc Storage makes Sammy Hagar look like Shakespeare.

I think on some level that's a cultural thing. Scorpions are like that too. They both at times seem like Dan Akroyd's and Steve Martin's SNL characters. That doesn't really explain Hagar or Coverdale or Johnson though.

My missus was a huge Sweet fan. She even got to see them when Brian Connolly was still alive (although he wasn't in great shape by then).

Very much part of the 'Glam' scene here in the UK in the early 70's although you could tell from the non-single tracks that there was a

good hard rock band waiting to break out! Sadly in latter years they broke into two 'versions' of Sweet - 'Andy Scott's Sweet' and 'Steve Priest's Sweet'

RIP Steve Priest.

Zepphead!!! You are a breath of fresh air around here with all of your music memories!!!!!

YOU ROCK!!!!

• Like 1

RIP Steve Priest.

Zepphead!!! You are a breath of fresh air around here with all of your music memories!!!!!

YOU ROCK!!!!

Thanks Rushhead666! Hehehe .... I guess the memories are due to me being an old codger lol!! I wish i had joined the forum years ago .. i really enjoy talking to you guys!
  • Like 1