Who's the biggest curmudgeon on TRF?? There's two undisputed candidates.

treeduck

Pissy Cornflakes polls...  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the biggest curmudgeon on TRF??

I haven't see many of Fridge's posts so I went with Tony based on his posting style when he was called Reed Lover.

In this thread:

http://www.therushfo...el-or-freebird/

Freebird is dogshit...Stairway is boring...Hotel is monotonous......all three can f**k off actually.

:LOL:

Outstanding!

Classic.
  • Like 1

I’ve been quite angry lately, hence my avatar, but then again, so has everyone in the past couple months with covidiots and I at least have self deprecating sarcastic humor. Zach De La Rocha is right. It’s a gift.

Which ones are the Covidiots exactly? The ones who'd protect themselves and others/ Or the ones who want to walk around mask-free and superspreading?

sanc·ti·mo·ni·ous

adjective

making a show of being morally superior to other people.

• Like 4

I’ve been quite angry lately, hence my avatar, but then again, so has everyone in the past couple months with covidiots and I at least have self deprecating sarcastic humor. Zach De La Rocha is right. It’s a gift.

Which ones are the Covidiots exactly? The ones who'd protect themselves and others/ Or the ones who want to walk around mask-free and superspreading?

sanc·ti·mo·ni·ous

adjective

Discussing a thing does not mean that a show is being made of that discussion. It's just a discussion. Questions are a good thing. Promotes understanding.

Edited by grep

sanc·ti·mo·ni·ous

adjective

Discussing a thing does not mean that a show is being made of that discussion. It's just a discussion. Questions are a good thing. Promotes understanding.

dis·in·gen·u·ous

adjective

• not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does

:P

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

sanc·ti·mo·ni·ous

adjective

dis·in·gen·u·ous

adjective

• not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does

Yeah, playing dumb can be an effective tool at times. ;)

When you are close, let the enemy think you are far. When you are far, let the enemy think you are close.

sanc·ti·mo·ni·ous

adjective

dis·in·gen·u·ous

adjective

When you are close, let the enemy think you are far. When you are far, let the enemy think you are close.

Sun Tzu?

sanc·ti·mo·ni·ous

adjective

dis·in·gen·u·ous

adjective

Sun Tzu?

Approaching discussion as if war, leads to battle. Learning from discussion is more valuable than winning one.

WTF am I talking about? Oh yeah, Fridge and Tony are curmudgeon military generals! :blaze:

Well between Fridge and Tony, it’s Fridge by far, IMO.

But there should be some more choices here as well!

Having just spent 5 minutes in SOCN browsing, I'd say DPR is up in the curmudgeon stratosphere with Fridge and Tony. Tony gets around TRF a lot more but I think DPR has him beat curmudgeonly. Sorry, Tony.

Having just spent 5 minutes in SOCN browsing, I'd say DPR is up in the curmudgeon stratosphere with Fridge and Tony. Tony gets around TRF a lot more but I think DPR has him beat curmudgeonly. Sorry, Tony.

I thought marriage would mellow him but ......

:cool: ;)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

I claim no specific insight into this or any other individual situation, but in general, getting more sex mellows one out, and marriage is pretty much the end of sex, so...you take it from there.

• Like 3

sanc·ti·mo·ni·ous

adjective

dis·in·gen·u·ous

adjective

Sun Tzu?

Approaching discussion as if war, leads to battle. Learning from discussion is more valuable than winning one.

It's all goal oriented. If you're having a conversation there are ways to conduct yourself to get as much out of it as possible, given the goal. ;)

The admin on another forum described me as “the salt that gets rubbed into other people’s wounds”. :laughing guy:

But seriously, Fridge is a Scot, he was born miserable. No contest.

Excellent argument, Tony coming in with facts.

Those are people advocating for the vulnerable and the healthy to stay home indefinitely? Those who believe a wood working dust mask protects people from the virus?

You may call it being miserable or curmudgeonly.....I call it realistic.

Oh, and anyone who disagrees with me can f**k right off, okay?

A nuanced retort to Tony's accusation. This will be a hard vote to cast. No vote for Justin Amash to save me.

Droop Dick Pirate doesn't even like :rush: certainly that makes him the biggest TRF douchebag.

I claim no specific insight into this or any other individual situation, but in general, getting more sex mellows one out, and marriage is pretty much the end of sex, so...you take it from there.

Significant Other's nephew asked recently if we were planning to get married. I said no, we like sex.

• Like 2