I interviewed Stewart Copeland!

Just 13 minutes in and I'm loving this interview Rod! You're great, Stewart's great, the topics are great, it's all great! I'm learning so much and laughing straight through it!
  • Like 1

"I am now prog and proud!"

:rfl:

Someone put that on a t-shirt, I would wear that everywhere!

• Like 1

That was an awesome interview, Rod! It was touching to hear Stewart talk about Neil without feeling the need to mention his passing. Friendship and music can never die, keep on rocking! :haz:
  • Like 1

Just 13 minutes in and I'm loving this interview Rod! You're great, Stewart's great, the topics are great, it's all great! I'm learning so much and laughing straight through it!

Thanks, man. I've been doing these interviews for 2.5 years now, and it's been a humbling and steep learning curve. First I transcribed them, which meant more work, but less need to be "in tune" with the interviewees - I could just fill in the blanks in the transcript when the conversation wasn't developing so well. When I started publishing the audio, I felt the need to have more "organic" interactions with the artists. That meant MORE research to know their work, and a bump in my English skills too. In my view, it has to sound like an informative conversation between two friends, if that makes any sense. I listen to the first interview I did and compare with this one with Stewart, and it's like water and wine.

Most of the interviews I do are offered to our website by PR agencies, but I do pursue a few of them on my own - Simon Phillips, Hugh Syme, Tony Franklin and this one with Stewart were like that. When I do an interview that I pursued, I go the extra mile for it to come out better, and I think it shows, especially on this latest one. My next mission is to get one with Mr. Big's Eric Martin, purely because my daughter loves their songs so much and she wants me to tell him that. Let's see if we can get him on the phone!

By the way, I sent the interview to Stewart's assistant, and in her own words, "Mr. Copeland is happy with the final result". He posted it on his official website:

Copeland.png

Edited by Rod in Toronto
  • Like 4

Thanks, man. I've been doing these interviews for 2.5 years now, and it's been a humbling and steep learning curve. First I transcribed them, which meant more work, but less need to be "in tune" with the interviewees - I could just fill in the blanks in the transcript when the conversation wasn't developing so well. When I started publishing the audio, I felt the need to have more "organic" interactions with the artists. That meant MORE research to know their work, and a bump in my English skills too. In my view, it has to sound like an informative conversation between two friends, if that makes any sense. I listen to the first interview I did and compare with this one with Stewart, and it's like water and wine.

Most of the interviews I do are offered to our website by PR agencies, but I do pursue a few of them on my own - Simon Phillips, Hugh Syme, Tony Franklin and this one with Stewart were like that. When I do an interview that I pursued, I go the extra mile for it to come out better, and I think it shows, especially on this latest one. My next mission is to get one with Mr. Big's Eric Martin, purely because my daughter loves their songs so much and she wants me to tell him that. Let's see if we can get him on the phone!

By the way, I sent the interview to Stewart's assistant, and in her own words, "Mr. Copeland is happy with the final result". He posted it on his official website:

Copeland.png

Congratulations! Glad to hear that about Copeland. It did sound like he was enjoying himself. He spoke a lot and seemed pretty relaxed. To be honest, I had never heard more than a 5-10 minute interview with him before. And those interviews were always pretty serious and focused on the project he was working on at the time. This one had a little bit of everything. And that had to do with your research and your approach. :cheers:

• Like 2

Just recently, I discovered Spectacle: Elvis Costello with..., which was for two seasons.

It appears that these past episodes are being uploaded on the Spectacle Elvis Costello YouTube Channel.

The Police were on Season 1 in 2008, and it was a good watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NaEWqDlqCY

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 1

Just recently, I discovered Spectacle: Elvis Costello with..., which was for two seasons.

It appears that these past episodes are being uploaded on the Spectacle Elvis Costello YouTube Channel.

The Police were on Season 1 in 2008, and it was a good watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NaEWqDlqCY

That was INCREDIBLE!!! Thanks for sharing.