ZZ Top special on Netflix

Bahamas

Has anybody seen the ZZ Top documentary on Netflix?

Really good watch. There are discussions that remind me of another group...

But, really - were they inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame in 2004 or 2010?

The show states one date, Wikipedia another.

I know what I will be looking for the next time I am in a big town used record store browsing the Z section of vinyl!!!

I have one "Best Of" CD. And ashamed by that.

Interesting, to me, I recognized some of the older grooves from hearing them played by my older brothers.

The "music-memory" is amazing!

And who knew hairy Texans have such groovy moves?!

• Like 4

I saw them wayyyyy back in the day, with Aerosmith (and cows and snakes onstage.) We were so young my girlfriend's dad had to drive us. He kept telling us to have a good time with the ZZ Blobs . . . :LOL: Edited by blueschica

Has anybody seen the ZZ Top documentary on Netflix?

Really good watch. There are discussions that remind me of another group...

But, really - were they inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame in 2004 or 2010?

The show states one date, Wikipedia another.

I know what I will be looking for the next time I am in a big town used record store browsing the Z section of vinyl!!!

I have one "Best Of" CD. And ashamed by that.

Interesting, to me, I recognized some of the older grooves from hearing them played by my older brothers.

The "music-memory" is amazing!

And who knew hairy Texans have such groovy moves?!

It looks like the producers are the same guys who did "Beyond The Lighted Stage". I'm looking forward to it!

It was great!

But then...It was over!

What the f**k?

No Afterburner?!

No 90s era?

Bill Ham's wife was brutally murdered! NOTHING about that.

Dunn done dropped the ball on this - there is WAY more to the ZZ Top story. To end at Eliminator was a bad choice, and it gives the doc a very half-cooked feel after it's over.

• Like 1

It looks like the producers are the same guys who did "Beyond The Lighted Stage". I'm looking forward to it!

Sam Dunn and Scot McFadyen of Banger Films did indeed direct the ZZ Top: That Little Ol' Band from Texas documentary.

Dunn done dropped the ball on this - there is WAY more to the ZZ Top story. To end at Eliminator was a bad choice, and it gives the doc a very half-cooked feel after it's over.

Here's an interview with Ultimate Classic Rock below that mentions the last part.

How Director Sam Dunn Unlocked the Mystery of ZZ Top: Exclusive Interview

I'm also going to throw in another interview with Ultimate Classic Rock that Sam Dunn did around the same time regarding the upcoming documentary on the band Triumph.

A snippet of Billy Gibbons commenting on RUSH is mentioned.

Triumph Documentary Expected From Director Sam Dunn Next Year

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 3

It was great!

But then...It was over!

What the f**k?

No Afterburner?!

No 90s era?

Bill Ham's wife was brutally murdered! NOTHING about that.

That's how I felt. I wanted to hear more about the massive success they had with Eliminator and what came after. The MTV era of the band is what I grew up with and made me a fan and then the documentary just ended right at that spot so abruptly.

It was a good doc up to that point. But there's still so much more that needed to be told. Perhaps the band didn't want to talk about that era but I don't see why since they were honest about everything else.

It was good but could have been much better.

• Like 2