New Testament album: TITANS OF CREATION (released April 3)

treeduck

I don't think I've ever heard Testament sound quite like that before. It reminded me strongly of Trivium from The Crusade era. Loved it!

Then again, I love everything Testament have done.

I don't think I've ever heard Testament sound quite like that before. It reminded me strongly of Trivium from The Crusade era. Loved it!

Nothing like Trivial at all you blasted blackguard!! :nya nya:

Meh, if it wasn't for Trivium, a lot of people my age would never have turned their backs to nu-metal and returned to thrash. They changed the game for an entire generation, in the UK at least. Us kids went from thinking Likin Park and Korn were metal, to listening to Trivium and then trying all the bands they cited as influences.

I'm a much bigger Trivium fan than I am Testament, and I love both!

But my interests in metal would not be what they are if it wasn't for Trivium. I'm still discovering great bands all the time by looking at their recommendations. Between the ages of 14-16, I had listened to everything from Testament to Opeth to Carcass to Behemoth to Celtic Frost to Cynic to Emperor all because of them.

Edited by Segue Myles

Meh, if it wasn't for Trivium, a lot of people my age would never have turned their backs to nu-metal and returned to thrash. They changed the game for an entire generation, in the UK at least. Us kids went from thinking Likin Park and Korn were metal, to listening to Trivium and then trying all the bands they cited as influences.

I'm a much bigger Trivium fan than I am Testament, and I love both!

But my interests in metal would not be what they are if it wasn't for Trivium. I'm still discovering great bands all the time by looking at their recommendations. Between the ages of 14-16, I had listened to everything from Testament to Opeth to Carcass to Behemoth to Celtic Frost to Cynic to Emperor all because of them.

:madra:

Huh?

That song sounded exactly like what I expect from Testament today.

Huh?

It definitely does. But something about this particular song reminds me of other, more modern thrash inspired bands. I call that a compliment.

I just heard a pinch of Trivium, I'm not saying they are inspired or anything it's just what my ears tell me.

Huh?

It definitely does. But something about this particular song reminds me of other, more modern thrash inspired bands. I call that a compliment.

I just heard a pinch of Trivium, I'm not saying they are inspired or anything it's just what my ears tell me.

It's certainly possible that Testament might be getting some influence from younger bands. Look at Rush, they were usually influenced by whatever the sounds of the time were.

I don't really know anything about Trivium though. I know that around the time of The Crusade and the next couple albums that followed they got some decent buzz in the metal world. I want to say that I have heard some songs before but I can't recall anything specific.

Huh?

It's certainly possible that Testament might be getting some influence from younger bands. Look at Rush, they were usually influenced by whatever the sounds of the time were.

I don't really know anything about Trivium though. I know that around the time of The Crusade and the next couple albums that followed they got some decent buzz in the metal world. I want to say that I have heard some songs before but I can't recall anything specific.

The Crusade divided fans right down the middle. They tried to write a classic thrash metal album, reduced screams, more modern stylings. I love it. With Shogun, they took their progressive tendencies and went wild. Since then, it's been a really consistent ride of both commercial and experimental metal. I'd say there success helped provide many classic thrash bands a younger audience, one that bands like Testament and Megadeth have really benefited from.

The only thing that stopped Triviums upward progression in the mainstream is that their first four albums kept showing new levels of forward thinking and heaviness. They lacked the mainstream appeal of bands like Avenged Sevenfold or Five Finger Death Punch (and they are all the better for it).

As for Testament, playing every album recently made them, for me, my absolute favourite thrash metal band. They kind of were anyway, but I hadn't played them much in a while

I only had one listen so far, and it's difficult to make an opinion. I honestly thought Dark Roots was a lot more dynamic and varied than Blood of the Snake, and at first listen, the new one is sort of inbetween the two.

I

Magic!! (It’s purchased though, have no worries)

I couldn't care less if you purchased it or not. Was just curious how you got to hear it lol.

Same way anyone does in this day and age.

Way back in the day I had a copied cassette of Vulgar Display of Power over a month before it came out because I knew someone loosely affiliated with the Pantera camp--that blew everybody's mind because it was such a groundbreaking and kick ass album. Now nobody bats an eye at hearing albums before they are released. It's cool Prestodigits says it's 'fantastic'. Gives me hope!
  • Like 1

I'm surprised it's leaked this early. I didn't think that happened this far before the release date anymore.

I was quite surprised too. I never look for this stuff. I don’t even know where or how to find it. Got a text from a friend to check my inbox. Was a pleasant shock.