New Testament album: TITANS OF CREATION (released April 3)

treeduck

Saw them last night. Sold out. I think the venue fits something like 1300. They played and sounded great. Hard to believe these guys are closing in on 60 soon. I'm fifteen years younger and I'm pretty sure I couldn't do any of that. My only complaint is that Testament has gotten stale with the songs they play from the first five albums. I've seen them five times and it always seems to be the same songs from that era. There's so much more than can dig out. I don't know why they don't. The three new(ish) songs they did completely killed. That's probably because newer Testament is the best Testament. The crowd was good and enjoyed everything. I even saw a black guy with an afro in the pit. I guess after 30 years of going to concerts there's still new things to see.  They've down tuned the older stuff a little which gives it a little more punch live and doesn't make it sound out of place alongside the newer more aggressive material.

Here's the setlist.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/testament/2022/town-ballroom-buffalo-ny-2bb790c6.html

• Like 2

On 5/8/2022 at 6:18 AM, J2112YYZ said:

Saw them last night. Sold out. I think the venue fits something like 1300. They played and sounded great. Hard to believe these guys are closing in on 60 soon. I'm fifteen years younger and I'm pretty sure I couldn't do any of that. My only complaint is that Testament has gotten stale with the songs they play from the first five albums. I've seen them five times and it always seems to be the same songs from that era. There's so much more than can dig out. I don't know why they don't. The three new(ish) songs they did completely killed. That's probably because newer Testament is the best Testament. The crowd was good and enjoyed everything. I even saw a black guy with an afro in the pit. I guess after 30 years of going to concerts there's still new things to see.  They've down tuned the older stuff a little which gives it a little more punch live and doesn't make it sound out of place alongside the newer more aggressive material.

Here's the setlist.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/testament/2022/town-ballroom-buffalo-ny-2bb790c6.html

:ROCK: