New Testament album: TITANS OF CREATION (released April 3)

treeduck

That sucks but not entirely unexpected since members of Exodus and Death Angel believe they have it and Testament just got back from touring Europe with them. Then going back home to the bay area that has been hit hard. It's more of a surprise if none of them had it.

Edited by J2112YYZ

This one made me think of "Practice What You Preach" I'm more into "Souls of Black" and "The New Order". "City of Angels" convinced me I'm still in the PWYP world, but when I heard "WWIII", I felt better. :haz:
  • Like 1

TESTAMENT singer Chuck Billy has tested positive for COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus.

The band said he received his test results on Saturday (March 21).

According to TESTAMENT, Billy had "been feeling unwell" since returning home to the San Francisco Bay Area last week following the completion of "The Bay Strikes Back 2020" European tour with EXODUS and DEATH ANGEL.

The 57-year-old Billy, who didn't reveal if he had any idea how he contracted the virus, says he has been quarantined since arriving home.

TESTAMENT's full statement reads as follows:

"As many of you already know, after returning from the 'Bay Strikes Back' over Europe Tour last week, some of us in TESTAMENT have been feeling unwell and have made the decision along with our Doctors to be tested for the COVID-19 novel coronavirus. As of yesterday morning, Chuck and [his wife] Tiffany Billy's tests have come back positive as well as some crew members.

"We wanted to reach out to everyone who has been supporting us and expressing concern to inform you that we are doing what's right, and what's safe, and have all been quarantining ourselves since our return home; since before we were even tested. We are of course concerned for our families, our friends, our crew, our fellow musicians, and our fans. We've reached out to support our fellow Bay Area Bands who are also being proactive in their own camps, staying quarantined and safe, and will speak on their individual situations if and when they are ready to.

"At this moment we are currently focused on staying safe and quarantined, resting, getting ourselves back to health, and of course, sending well wishes, prayers, and positive energy towards our friends who are also sick. We also want to send well wishes to all of our fans and supporters in this time of crisis. We're taking all the necessary steps to stay safe at home and we ask our friends and fans to do the same. Please take care of each other, and stay healthy so we can continue to thrash in the not so distant future!"

The best news ever is that Chuck is on his way to a full recovery, as posted above. Second best news ever is that I LOVE THIS ALBUM. The third best news ever is that I'll be interviewing Eric Peterson this week!!!! If you have questions for him, let me know here. Or you can send them to rodrigo.altaf@gmail.com.
  • Like 1

I must say I love this album too. Is it their best work? Nope. Does it have to be? Nope. Does it sound incredible? Yes. Does every new album need to have its worth measured by what came before? Nope.

It reminds me a lot of Low, for the groove, and that is something I'm happy about. Is it better than Low? I think so!

TESTAMENT bassist Steve DiGiorgio has tested positive for COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus.

DiGiorgio's test results were revealed by TESTAMENT singer Chuck Billy, who was one of the first heavy metal musicians to share his own COVID-19 diagnosis.

Billy previously said that he had "been feeling unwell" since returning home to the San Francisco Bay Area last month following the completion of "The Bay Strikes Back 2020" European tour with EXODUS and DEATH ANGEL.

Speaking to Joshua Toomey of "Diabolus In Podcastica" about his decision to go public with his and his wife's positive test results, Chuck said (hear audio below): "It was kind of almost our duty to say something. Fortunately, we got home off the road and were isolated right away. So we didn't really see anybody. But it's definitely a nasty sickness and illness. I mean, we're starting to feel better, but I wouldn't say I'm a hundred percent. So I don't know — am I contagious still? I don't know.

"Steve, our bass player, just tested on Thursday, he got his results back, and they're positive," Billy continued. "And that's after a couple of weeks of being sick. So it made us think, 'Are we still contagious?', even though the doctors and the CDC [Centers For Disease Control And Prevention] told us that, 'Go ahead and go to the store. Go out. Wear a mask.' But you just don't know. We don't know if we're ill or not."

Edited by treeduck

US tour dates. With Exodus and Death Angel.

Oct. 06 - Fremont Theater - San Luis Obispo, CA

Oct. 07 - Aftershock Festival - Sacramento, CA ^^

Oct. 08 - House Of Blues - San Diego, CA *

Oct. 10 - House Of Blues - Anaheim, CA *

Oct. 11 - Rialto Theatre - Tucson, AZ

Oct. 12 - Sunshine Theater - Albuquerque, NM *

Oct. 14 - Diamond Ballroom - Oklahoma City, OK *

Oct. 15 - Gas Monkey Bar & Grill - Dallas, TX

Oct. 16 - Emo's - Austin, TX *

Oct. 17 - White Oak Music Hall - Houston, TX

Oct. 18 - House Of Blues - New Orleans, LA

Oct. 20 - Masquerade - Atlanta, GA *

Oct. 21 - The Ritz - Raleigh, NC

Oct. 22 - TLA - Philadelphia, PA *

Oct. 23 - Starland Ballroom - Sayreville, NJ *

Oct. 24 - Baltimore Soundstage - Baltimore, MD

Oct. 26 - The Paramount - Huntington, NY *

Oct. 27 - House Of Blues - Boston, MA *

Oct. 28 - Town Ballroom - Buffalo, NY

Oct. 29 - Madison Theater - Cincinnati, OH

Oct. 30 - The Agora - Cleveland, OH

Nov. 01 - Stage AE - Pittsburgh, PA

Nov. 02 - Newport Music Hall - Columbus, OH

Nov. 04 - The Majestic - Detroit, MI

Nov. 05 - The Forge - Joliet, IL *

Nov. 07 - Skyway Theatre - Minneapolis, MN

Nov. 09 - Summit Music Hall - Denver, CO *

Nov. 10 - The Depot - Salt Lake City, UT *

Nov. 11 - House Of Blues - Las Vegas, NV ^

Nov. 27 - The Fox - Oakland, CA

What an awesome bill!!!!

I will be at the October 28th show. It looks like this will be my first post pandemic show where I will be crammed into a smaller venue with a bunch of other sweaty, smelly metalheads who may have not showered recently. So, I'm interested in seeing how that will feel lol.

• Like 1

Getting better with the vaccine rollout being expedited, but still a long way from not wearing masks and no restrictions...at least now the patios and stores are opened.

We've been given the all clear here in New York state. I haven't been wearing a mask for over a month now. The state of emergency was lifted last week. There's still some restrictions but they're leaving that up to the individual business owners and companies at this point. If somebody still wants to wear a mask they can. But if you're vaccinated you don't have to.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

Happy for you, man. Here. we had one day last August with 33 new cases, and that was the lowest since covid started...then it escalated up to almost 3,000 cases daily, now we're down to less than 200. Hopefully things will improve soon. My last concert was in MArch 2020, and I think I forgot how to behave in that environment already!!!

Happy for you, man. Here. we had one day last August with 33 new cases, and that was the lowest since covid started...then it escalated up to almost 3,000 cases daily, now we're down to less than 200. Hopefully things will improve soon. My last concert was in MArch 2020, and I think I forgot how to behave in that environment already!!!

August of 2019 was my last concert. I think shows might have a bit of an uncomfortable vibe for a little while. Nobody will mention it but it will be an odd feeling in the air that you know everyone is experiencing.