2018-2019 College Slavery, err, Football Thread

pjbear05

Let's go Sooners!

Alabama player should have gotten flagged for the throat slash action. Refs didn't see it or are following orders.

The better team won...the better team is always on the opposing sideline of the sooners.

A she she

The ACC has the best bowl record so far this season, at 5-2 currently.

The ACC is THE power conference right now, no doubt. The PAC12 is pathetic (although intra-conference ball is still very fun to watch week in week out).

Let's go Sooners!

Alabama player should have gotten flagged for the throat slash action. Refs didn't see it or are following orders.

The better team won...the better team is always on the opposing sideline of the sooners.

You have a short memory or you think OU gets lucky when they win.

Oklahoma gets credit for not folding after being down 28-0.

Small consolation for Oklahoma fans. Isn't this the 6th straight loss for Oklahoma in championship games?

There have only been 4 championship games with playoffs and they're 0-3 in the playoffs. In the other years they've beaten Auburn and Alabama and others in various bowl games.

In another aftermath of slaughter, Miami head coach Mark Richt retires after 3 seasons.

First Manny Diaz goes to Temple, now this. Holy turnover chain!

A she she

Yeah, we suck, and next year will be worse. Playing Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Kentucky, and Texas A&M, all of whom we haven't beaten lately. Plus, we got Appalachian State, who is supposed to have their best year ever, next year.

I got no optimism any more, especially if Bentley is returning.

In addition to Deebo not playing, did you know:

Fenton sat himself out for no reason in the second half, Montac sat himself out on account of a toothache(I guess the trainers didn't have any oral gel), and we didn't use all of our practices. No wonder we got shut out. We probably don't even deserve to be in the SEC anymore. They should boot Carolina and Vanderbilt and take Clemson and Florida State.

Edited by Aikenrooster

A she she

The ACC is THE power conference right now, no doubt. The PAC12 is pathetic (although intra-conference ball is still very fun to watch week in week out).

The A she she is not a power conference just because Clemson is on an elite stage, currently. Nobody watches Pitt, Syracuse, UnCarolina, Virginia, and Duke, outside of basketball and baseball. No conference is solid from top to bottom.

Quite frankly, between everyone else and Alabama and Clemson, there is a huge gulf. I can't quite put my finger on it, but football has changed and become somewhat of a bore. The big hits are obsolete, the power running games are gone, and, there are countless commercials and replays that ruin the momentum, and the announcers suck. The TV money and the NFL ruined college football.

Just my take, and you probably see OT differently on the west coast.

Oklahoma State takes out Mizzou, 38-33.

I actually watched that whole game but I'm not sure why. I guess that guy Lock might be a big deal in the NFL...

I actually watched that whole game but I'm not sure why. I guess that guy Lock might be a big deal in the NFL...

Didn't see much of that game. Hope he's better than Jake Locker. :)

Didn't see much of that game. Hope he's better than Jake Locker. :)

That wouldn't be difficult...
  • Like 1

Is it wrong to root against a team just because their coach is Jimbo Fisher?

No. One thing I've noticed in the games I've seen(including this one) is the stands are half full. On the less optimistic side half empty at best...

Is it wrong to root against a team just because their coach is Jimbo Fisher?

No. One thing I've noticed in the games I've seen(including this one) is the stands are half full. On the less optimistic side half empty at best...

This is, to a certain extent, a function of the playoff, I guess; it takes some of the luster off the other games. Maybe more so is the fact that, over the last couple of years, so many of the best players are taking the games off to stay healthy for the draft. It seems like the fans are taking the cue and considering them less important/exhibition like as well.

• Like 1

Northwestern, down 20-3 at halftime to Utah, takes advantage of a couple of turnovers and now leads 24-20.