2018-2019 College Slavery, err, Football Thread

pjbear05

South Carolina clinging on to life against Clemson, down 7 at halftime.

I went into this game thinking that only a miracle could see a SC win. I am happy SC is down only 7 at halftime.

We shall see what the second half has in store.

South Carolina clinging on to life against Clemson, down 7 at halftime.

I went into this game thinking that only a miracle could see a SC win. I am happy SC is down only 7 at halftime.

We shall see what the second half has in store.

Yeah, they got me believing. Gonna be a heart attack from celebrating or a heartbreak from crying. Hopefully, we can spoil their perfect season. Our first half yardage is the 2nd most they've given up in a game all year and we were the first team to score on them in the first quarter this year.

We've yet to play 2 great halves this year. One is usually awesome and the bother horrible. Maybe we put together a complete game.

Mustelids down 41-19. Will they ever beat an Ohio state university again?

Probably someday. But at this rate, going to be a long time.

And most definitely not under the tutelage of James Joseph Harbaugh. Edited by pjbear05

Lol at the LSU -Texas A&M game. They went into overtime tied at 31. 7 overtimes later, TAM gets the win 74-72

The playoff committee will probably move them (LSU) up two slots.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

Your beloved Notre Dame should jump up in the polls!

Considering that weaksauce schedule they have left to play, they could plausibly end the season undefeated and be in the playoff. If so, I expect their fate will be a grim as what happened to them last time they were declared worthy to play for the National Championship.

ND finishes undefeated.

They will be in the playoff. Nothing has changed in my opinion about them since I wrote the above. I expect they will get embarrassed in the playoff, run off the field like they don't belong there.

Lol at the LSU -Texas A&M game. They went into overtime tied at 31. 7 overtimes later, TAM gets the win 74-72

The playoff committee will probably move them (LSU) up two slots.

While keeping UCF in the same position or maybe even dropping them a place.

Their QB injury will provide the rationale for that.

I think it is funny that you guys try to pretend UCF should be in the playoff.

I didn't say that, and don't believe it. But neither do I believe that two ACC teams belong in the playoff either, that conference has more dogs than the Iditarod.

I didn't say that, and don't believe it. But neither do I believe that two ACC teams belong in the playoff either, that conference has more dogs than the Iditarod.

What two ACC teams do you think are going to be in the playoff?

Clemson and ND. ND plays about half their games vs the ACC, when they're not playing Navy or Ball State.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 3

Clemson and ND. ND plays about half their games vs the ACC, when they're not playing Navy or Ball State.

I see your point.

Too bad ND is not officially in the ACC and so does not have to play a conference champion ship game against Clemson.

• Like 1

I see your point.

Too bad ND is not officially in the ACC and so does not have to play a conference champion ship game against Clemson.

I guess they DID get through the gauntlet of Wake Forest, Pitt, Florida State, Virginia Tech, and Syracuse, so they'd probably have made it.

• Like 1

okay, some predictions for this weekend:

Alabama beats Georgia in a replay of last years NCG, and in the same way -- by gradually taking over the game the longer it goes on.

Washington beats Utah, making Auburn (3-5 in SEC play) the rightful Pac 12 Champion.

Oklahoma beats Texas with a score of 139-138 (not an overtime game, that is the score at the end of regulation)

Ohio State, fresh off a beat down of pretender Michigan, chokes against Northwestern. Northwestern becomes Big 10 Champ with a 9-4 record, with 3 losses to out of conference teams including Duke and Akron. (Big 10 champ later goes on to lose its bowl game, ending the season 9-5)

UCF scrapes out a win against Memphis. Delusional people scream that this is further proof UCF is being cheated out of a rightful playoff appearance.

Dabo Swinney finds it difficult to convince his Clemson team that a championship game against a 7-5 opponent should be taken seriously instead of as a joke. The announcers assigned to that game find it difficult to convince potential viewers of the same. Therein lies a seed of hope for Pitt?

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert
  • Like 1

I think it's funny to pretend it's a playoff. It's a four-team invitational tournament that determines next to nothing in the end.
  • Like 2

Alabama beats Georgia in a replay of last years NCG, and in the same way -- by gradually taking over the game the longer it goes on.

Washington beats Utah, making Auburn (3-5 in SEC play) the rightful Pac 12 Champion.

Oklahoma beats Texas with a score of 139-138 (not an overtime game, that is the score at the end of regulation)

Ohio State, fresh off a beat down of pretender Michigan, chokes against Northwestern. Northwestern becomes Big 10 Champ with a 9-4 record, with 3 losses to out of conference teams including Duke and Akron. (Big 10 champ later goes on to lose its bowl game, ending the season 9-5)

UCF scrapes out a win against Memphis. Delusional people scream that this is further proof UCF is being cheated out of a rightful playoff appearance.

Dabo Swinney finds it difficult to convince his Clemson team that a championship game against a 7-5 opponent should be taken seriously instead of as a joke. The announcers assigned to that game find it difficult to convince potential viewers of the same. Therein lies a seed of hope for Pitt?

If this goes according to your theory the committee will make ND the one seed, having beaten the ACC and Big Ten champs.

If this goes according to your theory the committee will make ND the one seed, having beaten the ACC and Big Ten champs.

Nah, if Bama beats Georgia, it will be the top seed, even if everything above happens just as I predicted ;)

Nah, if Bama beats Georgia, it will be the top seed, even if everything above happens just as I predicted ;)

If ND is #3 on the current flimsy basis, why can't it move up based on an even flimsier one?

If ND is #3 on the current flimsy basis, why can't it move up based on an even flimsier one?

Well, it is easy to criticize a particular team being at a particular rank. Let us say ND doesn't deserve to be ranked at 3 currently. Who would you nominate to be in their place? Any pick you make could be argued against on rational grounds.