Blue Angels flying over my building today

CygnusX-1Bk2

Well we have been getting a great free airshow today here in SF, especially where I work in the Presidio. The Blue Angels have been doing their maneuvers over our complex since just around noon today. It started with just two and then all six got into the action.

These guys are awesome!

Had to share.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Oct 6 2005, 07:56 PM)
Well we have been getting a great free airshow today here in SF, especially where I work in the Presidio. The Blue Angels have been doing their maneuvers over our complex since just around noon today. It started with just two and then all six got into the action.
These guys are awesome!

Had to share.

I saw them at an air show two years ago. What a thrill!

http://www.military.cz/usa/air/in_service/aircraft/angels/six1.jpg

I heard that earlier today too, around 3pm. I missed it today though and will be at work all day tomorrow, but maybe I can get a glimpse of em on Saturday. My house btw is about 5 miles in a straight line from the takeoff runway that they use at SFO, directly under where a ton of air traffic is used. We hear a plane fly over every 10-20 minutes or so all day.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Oct 6 2005, 06:56 PM)
These guys are awesome!

Had to share.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif They come to Alaska every summer to perform and it is alway's a great show 653.gif What an Awesome feeling as they fly over the crowd 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

My airport has an airshow every year, and the blue angels usually do the show.

I am in charge of runway lighting, so when they need navigational aids and lighting aids turned off or re-aimed so they don't distract them, It's my equipment, so I go out and disable or adjust as needed.

When they wanted to practice last year before the show, I was called from Air Traffic control in the tower to turn off the runway lights, and when I got out there in my truck, all 6 blue angels were lined up at the end of the runway, waiting for me to get off the runway.

a billion dollars worth of planes.....held up by a $20,000 dollar truck, and I'm driving it.

What a thrill to be shooting down the runway at 80 miles an hour while they waited for me.

(The next day i was replacing a broken threshold light when #3 taxied out and almost ran me over......He had gone down too far and was on the 1st 1000 feet of runway....which was supposed to be closed. I was between him and his departure area. He had to turn around and go around me.)

I have a tremendous amount of video footage from them practicing.

They're awsome.

I don't mind watchin the fighter planes do their thing . . .

But I'd much rather watch them GIANT 747's come in and take off .

Ever since a child I have always been fascinated by such giants getting off the ground and then landing . .

It as absolutely an awesome sight to stand at the edge of the Runway at JFK and they fly so close , right over your head, you're gonna swear to God , they're gonna hit ya , but they really land down the runway about another 300 ft or so Almost sideways. . . then at the last second. . . they tuck it in, I'm figuring to create as much resistance to slow the plane down

I have seen a few F-15 Eagles fly by out in Calverton.

and a few F-18's too . . . .

Loud ass hell

For many years the Air National Guard did a flyover just before the Fourth of July Parade in my town. Then some fussy lady (who is now on the City Council) complained about the noise. mad.gif That was the end of the flyover for a few years, but now it's back. It's pretty cool.

QUOTE (Grandpa Grizz @ Oct 12 2005, 08:00 PM)
For many years the Air National Guard did a flyover just before the Fourth of July Parade in my town. Then some fussy lady (who is now on the City Council) complained about the noise. mad.gif That was the end of the flyover for a few years, but now it's back. It's pretty cool.

doesn't that just drive you batty???

i live really close to a small airport they fly mostly commuter plane... and helicopters...

the sound doesn't bother me at all....

Archived