Is it wrong to be upset with RUSH for not making a new album

Rush1978

Wow, I can't believe that got even worse after I left to go play some board games with friends (cuz that's how to have fun in college on a friday night, lol). I'm glad you ignored him and told us about it, Mick. He seems to have given up after a little while.

If he is a troll, he's a darn good one for not getting too crazy till he actually had some of us going.

If he's completely serious, I feel very sorry for him and hope he learns to respect people's opinions, and that he takes a break from this board to figure out how to do that.

Can I just say I haven't seen that level of misguided nonsense and insult slinging on the board in maybe...like ever? That was intense, lol.

• Like 2

Wow, I can't believe that got even worse after I left to go play some board games with friends (cuz that's how to have fun in college on a friday night, lol). I'm glad you ignored him and told us about it, Mick. He seems to have given up after a little while.

If he is a troll, he's a darn good one for not getting too crazy till he actually had some of us going.

If he's completely serious, I feel very sorry for him and hope he learns to respect people's opinions, and that he takes a break from this board to figure out how to do that.

Can I just say I haven't seen that level of misguided nonsense and insult slinging on the board in maybe...like ever? That was intense, lol.

I just want to tell everybody that im very sorry and ashamed of myself. Im very sorry to Mick i hope you will forgive my ignorance,

I dont deserve to be on your site now. I have always had a problem with thinking i was the greatest RUSH fan on earth,

Maybe just the most insane fan, I met Rush and went to my head, Even they didnt like me too much, Alex felt some pity for me He is truly a sweetheart and i do miss them very much.

I just lost my aunt lori to cancer this evening, And ive been having a very terrible evening and decided to take it out on Mick and for that i'm very sorry Mick

Im sure you are a very awesome person and a true rush fan

Anyways now i will bid you all a fond Adieu

• Like 1

Aw, don't go away '78...just get some perspective and realize that being a Rush fan doesn't mean having no objectivity. You can have degrees of liking for a song (or loathing for that matter...Middletown Dreams *shudder* bleh), and like others have said, Rush are not infallible, they have created some duds over the years. They've also been responsible for some of the most sublime, poetic musical creations a fan has ever had the joy of hearing. And that, my friend is subject to the fan him/herself..for me it's Natural Science, for someone else it may be something different. Enjoy being a fan amongst other fans...there's good people here (Mick included ;) ) and everyone is entitled to, and has their own opinions on what is great or not. But ultimately we all have our love of Rush in common. So stick around '78, it can be great fun.

And I'm sorry about your aunt. :rose:

Edited by Alien Girl
  • Like 3

I just want to tell everybody that im very sorry and ashamed of myself. Im very sorry to Mick i hope you will forgive my ignorance,

I dont deserve to be on your site now. I have always had a problem with thinking i was the greatest RUSH fan on earth,

Maybe just the most insane fan, I met Rush and went to my head, Even they didnt like me too much, Alex felt some pity for me He is truly a sweetheart and i do miss them very much.

I just lost my aunt lori to cancer this evening, And ive been having a very terrible evening and decided to take it out on Mick and for that i'm very sorry Mick

Anyways now i will bid you all a fond Adieu http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f4EzGBC7Cg

hey woah man. i'm sorry about your Aunt. really sorry. Don't go man. we just got off onn the wrong foot.

you just need to lighten up. this place can be great. i was jjust defending myself is all. i'm really not that way. aand i bet your not either.

i hope you stay man.

we can all try again.

Mick

• Like 3

Anyways now i will bid you all a fond Adieu http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f4EzGBC7Cg

hey woah man. i'm sorry about your Aunt. really sorry. Don't go man. we just got off onn the wrong foot.

you just need to lighten up. this place can be great. i was jjust defending myself is all. i'm really not that way. aand i bet your not either.

i hope you stay man.

we can all try again.

Mick

Mick.

I dont even know you but i feel like i do, And im really sorry from the bottom of my heart

I wish this whole topic could be erased and restarted in a better way, But i just wanted to check in once more to see that you got my message.

It all started as a joke that went out of control. Who cares about Rush more than a good friend, How stupid of me,

Anyways im really low down in the dumps tonight, I just want you to know i think your super great and a real man for forgiving me,

I know darn well that your a real Rush fan, What happens when we die, Thats a subject far more important than even Rush

Thanks for your kind words, My aunt lori LOVED RUSH My whole family does. Too aunt lori from sweetpea :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: For you lori ---

HER HERO BON JOVI We saw this very show in better days
  • Like 1

Aw, don't go away '78...just get some perspective and realize that being a Rush fan doesn't mean having no objectivity. You can have degrees of liking for a song (or loathing for that matter...Middletown Dreams *shudder* bleh), and like others have said, Rush are not infallible, they have created some duds over the years. They've also been responsible for some of the most sublime, poetic musical creations a fan has ever had the joy of hearing. And that, my friend is subject to the fan him/herself..for me it's Natural Science, for someone else it may be something different. Enjoy being a fan amongst other fans...there's good people here (Mick included ;) ) and everyone is entitled to, and has their own opinions on what is great or not. But ultimately we all have our love of Rush in common. So stick around '78, it can be great fun.

And I'm sorry about your aunt. :rose:

Im not wanking you this time. But im very sorry to mess up everybodys night,

And i thank you for forgiving me, It wont happen again if you accept me back,

I agree with everything you said I know i must seem insane. I lost it for a while. But im really a nice person, I care a lot and im really sorry

Nice way for us all to meet LOL Sorry again everybody

• Like 2

i hope you stay man.

we can all try again.

Mick

Mick.

I dont even know you but i feel like i do, And im really sorry from the bottom of my heart

I wish this whole topic could be erased and restarted in a better way, But i just wanted to check in once more to see that you got my message.

It all started as a joke that went out of control. Who cares about Rush more than a good friend, How stupid of me,

Anyways im really low down in the dumps tonight, I just want you to know i think your super great and a real man for forgiving me,

I know darn well that your a real Rush fan, What happens when we die, Thats a subject far more important than even Rush

Thanks for your kind words, My aunt lori LOVED RUSH My whole family does. Too aunt lori from sweetpea :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: For you lori --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hlzkl1qbd8 HER HERO BON JOVI We saw this very show in better days

your Aunt had great taste my friend. I love Jon.

As you said.....i don't know for sure what happens after death. but if you are a good person......that keeps you alive in people's minds and hearts.

if you need to talk you can massage me.

Mick

• Like 1

i hope you stay man.

we can all try again.

Mick

Mick.

Thanks for your kind words, My aunt lori LOVED RUSH My whole family does. Too aunt lori from sweetpea :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: For you lori --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hlzkl1qbd8 HER HERO BON JOVI We saw this very show in better days

As you said.....i don't know for sure what happens after death. but if you are a good person......that keeps you alive in people's minds and hearts.

Mick

Thanks Mick

At least something good came this night, She just loved Bon, I got her a autographed photo of him that she just loved, I think Lori would want us to be pals and not enemies

The only enemy i have is this enemy within

I tried to add you as my first friend on here. If you will accept i would be honored

You made me feel a lot better so many many thanks

Shaun Hope you love this one

• Like 2

i hope you stay man.

we can all try again.

Mick

Mick.

Mick

Thanks Mick

At least something good came this night, She just loved Bon, I got her a autographed photo of him that she just loved, I think Lori would want us to be pals and not enemies

The only enemy i have is this enemy within

I tried to add you as my first friend on here. If you will accept i would be honored

You made me feel a lot better so many many thanks

Shaun Hope you love this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6-ViPrEeFk

i had you on ignore but that's over......i accepted.

just no more of what happened tonight ok? lol'

You'll do fine here.

Mick

• Like 1

The Enemy Within is an awesome song. :heart:

(and I love Bon Jovi...you should hear me and my kids (boys 16 and 7) belting out Living on a Prayer at the top of our lungs, pretty funny, though i'm not sure my husband thinks so since he's usually in the car w/ us + I got a 100% Expert score on Rock Band for singing Wanted Dead or Alive.., so you know, I've got that going for me ;) )

Wait, did I just read "you can massage me?"

Wow...Mick really takes forgiveness seriously doesn't he?

• Like 2

Wait, did I just read "you can massage me?"

Wow...Mick really takes forgiveness seriously doesn't he?

Lol Yes me and Mick are now as thick as thieves

He is giving me a nice rub down now LOL I love this guy now

Funny how tragedy can turn to triumph and friendship, Thanks to you also for making peace with me,

I will never act like that again, Btw i want a video of you signing Bon jovi That must be a real sight to see, Your pal

Shaun

Edited by Rush1978
  • Like 2

Neil didn't "give up" on Rush — he decided after 40 years that he didn't want to do a physically grueling job anymore, that involves a ton of travel and being away from his young daughter. I'd be excited if they ever did anything again but if 20 albums in 40 years isn't enough for you, I don't know what to tell you.

I agree when Neil said he was done, it was time for HIM to retire.

My frustration with Neil is with the way he handled it...he gave everyone short notice, and he took Geddy and Alex into retirement with him. It now appears there will be no Lee Lifeson "project."

They clearly weren't ready to call it quits at that moment picked by Neil. It would have been nice for Neil to acknowledge that and to publicly encourage his two lifetime co-workers to record together again.

Part of being a Rush fan is accepting the fact that even if Geddy, Alex and Neil are your personal heroes, they're not saints. Nobody's perfect 100% of the time. Personally, I always hated how Neil forced Ged and Al's hands into retirement even though they didn't want to, and to be honest, I'm also a bit disappointed in Geddy for not having a spine. He should have told Neil "Look, you may be done, but I'm not. I still want to perform, I still want to make new music, and whether you want to participate or not is your perogative."

I guess he's just too nice to do that.

You really believe that three guys who have been in a band together for 40 years have not had these conversations with each other? Just because they aren't doing interviews or making public statements about it doesn't mean they haven't talked about all of this stuff. And nobody said that just because Neil wants to retire Geddy and Alex have to, too. They can do whatever they want. Who's to say they won't work together again? The only thing that's clear is if they do do a project together in the future it won't be under the name "Rush." Which is the right thing to do.

To me this comes back to not being able to understand how someone can look at the body of work they've put out — 20 largely great albums over 40 years, plus near-constant touring in that time — and say "no, you know what, that's not enough, I'm mad they aren't going to do more." That's a lot of albums and tours. You'd be hard-pressed to find another band that's kept up this level of quality and consistency for that long a time. I can't think of another one that comes close. Go back and revisit one of their albums you haven't listened to in a while and see if you can discover something new in it.

Or, god forbid, get into other bands. There are lots of them out there!

I listen to every album randomly,

And wait.......Ged and Al can no longer work? they HAVE to be retired?

Ged and al can still put stuff out if they choose.

cut the shit, lol

Mick

fraroc Commandment #1:

Neil quits, EVERYONE stops working! Sun no longer shines! Flowers no longer bloom! Birds stop chirping! Geddy’s a spineless wuss!

i really done like saying this.

but.......some of this thread is utter stupidity.

Maybe we'll hear more from Ged and Al.....maybe not.

and if not.........THAT'S NOT DOWN TO GOD DAMN FUKKIN' NEIL!!!

whew.....sorry saw red again, lol

Mick

Seek help Mick.

lol

Oh if you only knew how much i hate that song.

which makes this even funnier, lol

Mick

I dont see how you can hate any RUSH song,

Hows this one for you ---

Better.

:haz:

Mick

Let me guess your favorite :rush: Song Here it is ---

Can you guess my favorite :rush: song? :)

Wow, I'm so sorry about your aunt Rush1978, and your apology is more than accepted. Prayers coming your way.

And for the record, I think it's great that you love all of Rush's music equally. If I could, I probably would, because having 20 Rush albums of nothing but utter genius would be stupendous. Unfortunately I can't find Neurotica or Heresy to be more good than bad, nor many of their other songs to be the same level as songs like 2112, Xanadu, and Cygnus X-1, but I'm so happy for you that you can and you do.

I hope you have a long stay here and enjoy it and that we can all be friends.

• Like 3

I get why someone might be upset with the way Rush ended. They never said that R40 was it with words. The setlist and what Neil did at the end of the last show said everything they needed to in order to say farewell. They gave us all they could over the years and Neil's retirement was completely valid and understandable. Honestly Rush really didn't have anything left to prove after Clockwork. They've left a great legacy.

Dunno if "upset" is the right word, but there was something decidedly "off" about the way they went out.

Was very strange to see the band go from riding high on the success off the movie and the Time Machine tour to Clockwork Angels and the success of THAT record to the R40 tour and, "oh, we're still going to write and record and play limited engagements" (Even Neil said this), to Neil announcing his retirement via his daughter to Geddy "correcting" that retirement statement in the press, etc, etc. And don't even get me started on parts of Neil's last book.

It's like, if you were paying attention to the things the band was saying and doing, you were left with a sense of "what the heck just happened?" Would have much preferred that they did the R40 tour without the controversy and then said NOTHING.

• Like 5