The Geddy Myth?

Gompers

Find the official video for Countdown. There are several shots of him very clearly playing his bass with one hand and the keys with the other.

ETA:

That also proves that the bass doesn't have to be tuneful but simply something to keep time with.

Find the official video for Countdown. There are several shots of him very clearly playing his bass with one hand and the keys with the other.

ETA:

Doesn't really count does it?

Sure it does. Vamping on an open string while playing chords on a keyboard fits the technical requirements in the OP, and it seems like the dude's argument in the OP was all about being technically correct.

I bet it wouldn’t matter to that Facebook dude. He’d likely say that it’s “just a video which can be acted out”. He’d likely want concert footage of it happening. Even then, it probably wouldn’t be enough.

ETA:

Sure it does. Vamping on an open string while playing chords on a keyboard fits the technical requirements in the OP, and it seems like the dude's argument in the OP was all about being technically correct.

I bet it wouldn’t matter to that Facebook dude. He’d likely say that it’s “just a video which can be acted out”. He’d likely want concert footage of it happening. Even then, it probably wouldn’t be enough.

That's probably true given that the dude apparently disqualified taurus pedals.

When I read the topic, I knew exactly what song to go to to refute the FB guy's claim so that the OP could claim (one little) victory because the 1st time I ever saw the video for Countdown (via a VHS copy of the "Through The Camera Eye" video collection years ago, which has lots of videos not on Chronicles), I was like "holy crap, Ged is playing the bass and the keys simultaneously!!!"

What I'm saying is that this pointless knowledge in my head sometimes can be useful. :P

ETA:

Sure it does. Vamping on an open string while playing a note on a keyboard fits the technical requirements in the OP, and it seems like the dude's argument in the OP was all about being technically correct.

Yeah but that's not a live performance!!

ETA:

Sure it does. Vamping on an open string while playing a note on a keyboard fits the technical requirements in the OP, and it seems like the dude's argument in the OP was all about being technically correct.

Everyone, I think the FB antagonist has infiltrated TRF!!!!! :o

• Like 3

ETA:

:zzz:

ETA:

:zzz:

AND he has the gall to sleep in our guest bed!!!!

Sorry fanboy but the truth is that sadly Geddy does not play bass guitar and keyboards at exactly the same time with his hands however he does regularly take a moment while playing bass to use a finger to hit a key that will trigger a sequence or sample and as mentioned uses pedals for a host of reasons that we all know!