Something is coming from the vaults

exiledyorkie

That's exciting news! I don't really understand what this Rush Archive Facebook and web site is, though. Is it something put together by a fan that is a place to archive photos, etc. or is it something official from the guys (Anthem, Ole, Ray, whatever serves as the face of official Rush these days . . . . ).

Like an obedient minion I signed up to be notified of further developments anyway! :P

• Like 2

Let's hope this is something actually from RUSH themselves.. and not just a newfangled social media "group" :)

I got an email back that my email is registered now at "The Official Rush Archive" for further notifications! Whoever they are!

• Like 3

Holy cow! The moment i always knew would come. We need details

What IS "the moment (you) always knew would come"? ...Because there sure aren't any details given.

The official releases of years of band recorded soundboards, but i was not totally serious

Holy cow! The moment i always knew would come. We need details

What IS "the moment (you) always knew would come"? ...Because there sure aren't any details given.

The official releases of years of band recorded soundboards, but i was not totally serious

Im probably setting myself up for a let down

• Like 1

I want a Hemispheres soundboard. I want a Signals soundboard. I want a Power Windows soundboard. I want a full T4E tour Blu ray. I want Permanent Waves demos....

I want it all!

I would like a few of the shows i was at that were not boot recorded!

OK, wait, on the Facebook "About" page, there is an explanation that does make it sound authorized and legit . And I guess we will get stuff sold to us, but whatever! :LOL: Here is the explanation from the FB page-

"Over the past several years, there has been a concerted effort to find and preserve the thought-to-be lost or forgotten artifacts from Rush’s nearly 45-year history.

As with many artists that have significant careers, Rush’s photos, artwork, audio, paperwork, video, and other assets from the past were packed away once they served their purpose, since the focus for artists is often mostly on the present and the future.

But as we all know, Rush’s past is extraordinary and their work historically impactful.

After digging through hundreds and hundreds of boxes, multiple storage areas, and after clearing away the dust, mold, and cobwebs, this multi-year effort has been rewarded with a treasure trove of more than 2,500 amazing pieces of Rush’s history - most of which have not been seen for decades, if at all.

This work by many dedicated and committed archivists has led to the creation of The Official Rush Archive. This Archive was created for Rush. It is the first of its kind and is what we call a “Digital Museum Store.” This space is an interactive environment where fans can engage with unique artifacts spanning the band’s entire history. Fans can explore the artifacts however they choose, including on mobile devices, as well as comment and share their thoughts - and their own personal pieces of Rush’s history - in the Archive itself and across social media platforms.

New artifacts are added to this Archive every week for fans to explore and share. There are also several artifacts that will be authentically reproduced in ultra-limited quantities under management’s supervision, and made available for fans to purchase. A portion of the proceeds from these sales will go to the band’s preferred charities.

Everyone who has helped create and maintain The Official Rush Archive is very proud of what you see here. We hope you will enjoy this interactive audio and visual journey through the history of one of music’s most iconic bands."

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 6

What if it's a scam and the "treasures" are all on the hard drive of bootlegs we have?

I bet the Russians got a hold of that hard drive and are going to try to sell us cd's.

;)

I for one, welcome our new rushian overlords...

Get it, see what i did there

• Like 1

Dang, didn't I just say Neil said the vaults were empty?! lol

This is actually exciting, especially considering this may just be the rest we get from Rush, at least for a long while.

Yeah they are pulling out stuff from the vaults. Not every one of their marketing or merchandising ideas made a splash. Here's a couple that they're bringing out....because they've got shitloads to get rid of..Geddy couldn't stop thinking big about this one:

082c8456a9e9d09b9f8bca4f34cc1d80--toronto-blue-jays-baseball-tees.jpg

• Like 5

Yeah they are pulling out stuff from the vaults. Not every one of their marketing or merchandising ideas made a splash. Here's a couple that they're bringing out....because they've got shitloads to get rid of..Geddy couldn't stop thinking big about this one:

http://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/08/2c/84/082c8456a9e9d09b9f8bca4f34cc1d80--toronto-blue-jays-baseball-tees.jpg

I'll take a dozen of those. LARGE!

• Like 1