POLL: Ozzy albums with Randy?

Texas King

POLL: Ozzy albums with Randy?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Blizzard or Diary?

• Blizzard of Ozz
    • Diary of a Madman

Blizzard.

Except for the title track. I think the second half Diary is a little weak. Still a great album but Blizzard is the overall stronger effort.

NO it's not weak at all, it just scares you. Especially the song Little Dolls because it reminds of the killer doll scene in Barbarella which frightened you as a child.

• Like 2

Could not decide, then thought of blizzard from dairy queen and voted blizzard

As long as you have The Undertaker as your avatar, whatever you pick is the correct choice.

Good post, i crush you last...

:)

• Like 1

"Diarrhea Of A Madman!" That's me! Diarrhea of the mouth. Diarrhea of the fingers! LOL!

"Diary Of A Madman" changed my life. I bought it on vinyl before I knew of "Blizzard."

The intro to "Over The Mountain" blew my young mind and another reason why I wanted to be a drummer!

• Like 2

I like both these albums, they're great. I think the second one is overshadowed a bit by the first one because of great songs that became more famous like Mr. Crowley, Crazy Train and I Don't Know and because the death of Randy Rhoads torpedoed the tour in 1982 and they hardly played any Diary songs. When it comes down to a song by song comparison though there's not much to choose between them. On any given day I could choose either one of these albums but today I give to Diary by a whisker...
  • Like 2

I like both these albums, they're great. I think the second one is overshadowed a bit by the first one because of great songs that became more famous like Mr. Crowley, Crazy Train and I Don't Know and because the death of Randy Rhoads torpedoed the tour in 1982 and they hardly played any Diary songs. When it comes down to a song by song comparison though there's not much to choose between them. On any given day I could choose either one of these albums but today I give to Diary by a whisker...

Amazing breakdown post Duck! Your post seals my own personal deal. "Diary Of A Madman" wins easily.

How about the best Jake E Lee Ozzy record?

I would take "The Ultimate Sin" over "Bark At The Moon!" So I am consistent.

I will take "Diary" and "Sin." Both second releases with different guitarists.

What do you think Duck?

• Like 1

Amazing breakdown post Duck! Your post seals my own personal deal. "Diary Of A Madman" wins easily.

What do you think Duck?

I'd go with Bark at the Moon. I really like the atmosphere on the whole record. And I love all the songs, the title track, Rock n Roll Rebel and especially (Forever) Journey to the Centre of Eternity, Waiting For Darkness and Spiders!

• Like 2

I remember when I first heard Forever (Journey to the Centre of Eternity). My mate had bought the album before me and was all secretive about it until he was ready to unleash it on the stereo. And that was the side he played and the first track I heard (apart from Bark at the Moon which I'd seen on Top of the Pops). Anyway it was EPIC! And with that keyboard and chanting intro it topped Mr Crowley. And the riff just ripped my face off and blew my head off!
  • Like 2

What do you think Duck?

I'd go with Bark at the Moon. I really like the atmosphere on the whole record. And I love all the songs, the title track, Rock n Roll Rebel and especially (Forever) Journey to the Centre of Eternity, Waiting For Darkness and Spiders!

Hahaha! Mate! Being in the USA I didn't get to hear "Spiders" until years later when I found the cool UK cover with "Spiders" on the album. I LOVE IT TOO! I love the UK cover better too!!!

Ok, yes, "Rock N Roll Rebel!" "Journey!" UGH! Atmosphere is better. "The Ultimate Sin" is all about nuclear war. I love "So Tired" too.

This is tough now Pat. Damn it.

• Like 1

I remember when I first heard Forever (Journey to the Centre of Eternity). My mate had bought the album before me and was all secretive about it until he was ready to unleash it on the stereo. And that was the side he played and the first track I heard (apart from Bark at the Moon which I'd seen on Top of the Pops). Anyway it was EPIC! And with that keyboard and chanting intro it topped Mr Crowley. And the riff just ripped my face off and blew my head off!

OMG! I love the way you can type your past memory as a kid. YES! I can feel your emotion through this one dimensional texting shite.

I totally get it Pat! EPIC! Pun intended!! Like the CBS Record Label! LOL! Ozzy was on JET too.

Dude! KILLING ME!

I LOVE IT ALL!

• Like 1