• Mr. Big
    • Warrant
    • Faster Pussy Cat
    • The White Stripes
    • The Vines
    • Biff Naked
    • Poison
    • Oasis

I know that I left out the likes of, The Back Street Boys, N' Sync, 98 Degrees, New Kids on The Block, Tiffany, Mariah Carey, etc... Those types of acts in my opinions aren't really bands. They are just singers that are backed by real musicians. All The bands listed actually play and sing and write their own crap for the most part.

So tell us who and why. If I forgot to mention anyone I'm sorry, I just picked the ones that I though were really really bad!

All though they are all really bad, I would have to say Limp Bizkit. I think they are sterile and write really horrible music

Edited to say I picked Linkin Park by mistake. I meant to pick Limp Bizkit

Edited by Modest Man From Mandrake

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Sep 26 2005, 12:19 PM)
Why aren't Vardis in there??? confused13.gif

Have you seriously spelt Linkin Park wrongly, or was this a typo error?

tongue.gif

It was definately intentional.

I would've done it for all of them but I was afraid that some people wouldn't know who I was talking about.

Except for Oasis and the White Stripes, all of those are pretty bad...but in the end I went with Good Charlotte, who were given the edge because they had the balls to ask Trent Reznor to work with them ontheir next album. WHAT would a genius like Trent Reznor want with these guys? They really need to know their place.

of the 15 band mentioned, 7 of them i believe i've heard one song by and 4 of them i've heard maybe two or three songs - nothing that really moved me - white stripes are ok, culture club had a couple of relatively unoffensive fun tunes - if you really want to talk bad music, you have to go into country, rap, boy bands, etc. not like i like any of this crap either, but it's all at least somewhat benign. it's hard to qualify levels of how much one group sucks next to another group that sucks a little less or a little more!

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Sep 26 2005, 06:48 PM)
There are a lot of horrible bands on that list.  I don't know if I can choose a worst.

My thoughts exactly.

I remember when Mr. Big opened for Rush during the Counterparts tour. Not only did they suck..... well they sucked.

I've got a three-way tie with Warrant, Winger, and Mr. Big.

062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

Edited by paganoman

Had to go with Mr.Big simply because I unwillingly had to see them 3 times because I wanted to see the greatest band on the planet. Yes, I was forced against my will to sit through that aweful noise, Rush made me do it.

QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 27 2005, 12:05 AM)
I don't care if I catch flak for this, but I absolutely LOATH System of a Down. "BYOB" is easily the most repugnant, obnoxious, unlistenable song I've ever heard, and the rest of what I've heard turns my stomach to an equal degree. 062802puke_prv.gif

So take THAT, you young whipper-snappers! <Shaking my cane at you.> bsg.gif old.gif

*Throwing flak at BSG*

I like SOAD. They're obnoxious on purpose, and I think it's funny as hell.

*Wondering is BSG actually caught that flak, or did he drop it?*

tongue.gif

QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 26 2005, 09:05 PM)
I don't care if I catch flak for this, but I absolutely LOATH System of a Down. "BYOB" is easily the most repugnant, obnoxious, unlistenable song I've ever heard, and the rest of what I've heard turns my stomach to an equal degree. 062802puke_prv.gif

So take THAT, you young whipper-snappers! <Shaking my cane at you.> bsg.gif old.gif

Dont worry BSG, you're not the only one that feels this way. I dont know why, but I have just not been able to take them seriously at all since I first started hearing about them in early high school. I never was into any of the nu-metal scene, and thats what EVERYONE in my grade was into.

Why aren't Vardis in there??? confused13.gif

tongue.gif

Linkin Park stands for nothing. They are not musicians, only players in the realm of marketing. I've listened to that crap before and they are simply not talented musicians at all. They are part of this downfall of music that we are all going through. Why doesn't any band solo anymore. It's because of bands like Linkin Park that have no musical talent. They should be ashamed.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Sep 27 2005, 12:28 AM)
Why aren't Vardis in there???  confused13.gif

tongue.gif

Linkin Park stands for nothing. They are not musicians, only players in the realm of marketing. I've listened to that crap before and they are simply not talented musicians at all. They are part of this downfall of music that we are all going through. Why doesn't any band solo anymore. It's because of bands like Linkin Park that have no musical talent. They should be ashamed.

Its the whole numetal scene, it made rock bland by comparison to what had come before.

Out of all of these "bands" the only one I say I can't stand anything they have ever done nor will I ever like anything they will ever do is Culture Club 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

As for MR Big they did have that song Addicted to the RUSH that they played while opening for Rush. Big Cheer from the crowd because the said RusH No it wasn't for you you bunch of wankers laugh.gif