Lee/Lifeson.....no Peart.

Motorshooter

What do you think? Could Geddy and Alex put out an album or two as Lee/Lifeson and go out on the road for a small tour and play small clubs or theaters.....all without Neil, but with his blessing and with a different drummer?......and not as Rush.

-Discuss.

Are you really unaware that the board is already full of threads about this?

I was about to say the same thing. This topic has been discussed ad nauseam.

• Like 4

What do you think? Could Geddy and Alex put out an album or two as Lee/Lifeson and go out on the road for a small tour and play small clubs or theaters.....all without Neil, but with his blessing and with a different drummer?......and not as Rush.

-Discuss.

Why would they need Neil's blessing to do all that (especially when you're saying "not as Rush')?

• Like 3

Not sure what everyone^^^ is upset about, this is the first I've heard of such an idea. For the record they could call it Rush and it would be fine with me...
  • Like 3

Not sure what everyone^^^ is upset about, this is the first I've heard of such an idea. For the record they could call it Rush and it would be fine with me...

Who's upset?

It's like seeing David Grohl pop up everywhere. It doesn't upset me. I just usually say "Oh, that guy again" and pop in and out of the place...

• Like 1

Who's upset?

It's like seeing David Grohl pop up everywhere. It doesn't upset me. I just usually say "Oh, that guy again" and pop in and out of the place...

Yeah, I'm not upset, it's just been discussed to death and there is no answer. We don't know what they're going to do and maybe they don't either. We just have to wait-and-see.

• Like 1

-Discuss.

Why would it have to be a small tour in small clubs ??

Geddy and Alex could bring in a drummer, record a great album full of fire and not miss a beat ..

I'm not saying this is the most likely scenario, but why not ?? ... It could be the best thing they've done in a long time

• Like 1

-Discuss.

Why would it have to be a small tour in small clubs ??

Geddy and Alex could bring in a drummer, record a great album full of fire and not miss a beat ..

I'm not saying this is the most likely scenario, but why not ?? ... It could be the best thing they've done in a long time

Simon says, Phillips.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

Who's upset?

Yeah, I'm not upset, it's just been discussed to death and there is no answer. We don't know what they're going to do and maybe they don't either. We just have to wait-and-see.

Sarcasm not working well...
  • Like 2

Yes I think they could, and I Hope(hehe) that, but we can talk about something else. This topic has been discussed to many times already, and it's geting ANYOYING! If they do that, that's great, if not that's okay. I don't even care if they do or don't tbh, it's not even worth discussing. Edited by Permanent-Rush

Yes I think they could, and I Hope(hehe) that, but we can talk about something else. This topic has been discussed to many times already, and it's geting ANYOYING! If they do that, that's great, if not that's okay. I don't even care if they do or don't tbh, it's not even worth discussing.

I'll be waiting for this other "talk about something else" topic from you to pop up.

P.S. You get annoyed too easily.

• Like 1

At least in the studio they can cover up a lot with his voice. Just look at CA, they had his voice buried in the mix most of the time.
  • Like 1

-Discuss.

Huh, I never considered such thing.

How aboot a different drummer on the new songs and a Neil Peart hologram when performing classic material???

Yes I think they could, and I Hope(hehe) that, but we can talk about something else. This topic has been discussed to many times already, and it's geting ANYOYING! If they do that, that's great, if not that's okay. I don't even care if they do or don't tbh, it's not even worth discussing.

Too many times.

• Like 1

-Discuss.

How aboot a different drummer on the new songs and a Neil Peart hologram when performing classic material???

NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

No holograms of Neil, and no new drummer

-Discuss.

NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

No holograms of Neil, and no new drummer

What about Lee & Lifeson performing a few Rush tunes in Alex's Orbit Room with a different singer...because they've done that. It was a one-off thing and it wasn't specifically AS Rush but they did do that. The video does exist...or it did at least because it was here on TRF years ago.

What about Geddy & Alex joining the Foo Fighters drummer at a Foo Fighters gig to play YYZ? Because they've done that too. And Foo Fighters fans themselves screamed for joy.