RRHOF PERISCOPE FEED !!

blueschica

He has such a strange voice. You'd think he'd lose it, but he sounds as good as he ever did. Amazing.

I love Yes. It's a disgrace it took them almost fifty years to get into a HOF they should have been inducted into thirty years ago.

Wish I had been here for the periscope party.

I wish you had been here, too! It was a very unexpected thing, just kind of popped up. Live or on the videos, it's just so nice to see Geddy and Alex playing and so happy. :wub: It takes other TRFers to understand the Yes and Rush excitement!

• Like 1

He has such a strange voice. You'd think he'd lose it, but he sounds as good as he ever did. Amazing.

I love Yes. It's a disgrace it took them almost fifty years to get into a HOF they should have been inducted into thirty years ago.

Wish I had been here for the periscope party.

I wish you had been here, too! It was a very unexpected thing, just kind of popped up. Live or on the videos, it's just so nice to see Geddy and Alex playing and so happy. :wub: It takes other TRFers to understand the Yes and Rush excitement!

I agree. It must have been quite the exciting night for Alex and Geddy. Yes were their heroes back in the day. Who would have ever thought they'd all share the same stage one day, or that Rush would have made it into the RRHOF before Yes?

• Like 1

Pushing it a bit there. Even The Beatles didn't get in it until 1988...

Edited by Lurkst
  • Like 1

Some of the speeches were edited for final broadcast apparently!

I was there and yes they were. At least you got to hear the last half of Rick Wakeman's speech, the first half was just as funny .

If I said this elsewhere on the forum forgive me but Geddy's bass just sang to me throughout "Roundabout." And even if I couldn't really hear it p, just see him on stage playing like that was unbelievable . And Alex too. And I was glad to see the HBO broadcast because I was on the side of the stage and it was hard to see Alex in the final jam .
  • Like 2

If I said this elsewhere on the forum forgive me but Geddy's bass just sang to me throughout "Roundabout." And even if I couldn't really hear it p, just see him on stage playing like that was unbelievable . And Alex too. And I was glad to see the HBO broadcast because I was on the side of the stage and it was hard to see Alex in the final jam .

There's some great videos of Rockin' In The Free World out there. Some of them may be posted earlier in this thread.

There's some great videos of Rockin' In The Free World out there. Some of them may be posted earlier in this thread.

I'll have to look for them. The HBO one wasn't too bad!

I'll have to look for them. The HBO one wasn't too bad!

The ones online weren't pro shot. They were just from people who were there but you get total coverage.

• Like 1

Probably watched Rockin' In The Free more though because I've always wanted to see Geddy and Alex play that even though Geddy was only on for half of it and Alex really didn't want to show off much.

The Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame YouTube Channel has uploaded the 'Rockin' In The Free World' live group jam in full

Pearl Jam member Jeff Ament is playing bass until the breakdown (3:45 mark). Then Geddy comes out and plays bass on the remainder of the song which then Jeff switches to acoustic guitar.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 1

Probably watched Rockin' In The Free more though because I've always wanted to see Geddy and Alex play that even though Geddy was only on for half of it and Alex really didn't want to show off much.

The Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame YouTube Channel has uploaded the 'Rockin' In The Free World' live group jam in full

Pearl Jam member Jeff Ament is playing bass until the breakdown (3:45 mark). Then Geddy comes out and plays bass on the remainder of the song which then Jeff switches to acoustic guitar.

Noticed that Geddy wasn't there right at that time. I'm glad he finally snuck in there. At the time it was impossible to know what was going on. I figured there may have been a mixup but there were just too many bodies I guess.

Still like that view from stage left whoever filmed it.

Noticed that Geddy wasn't there right at that time. I'm glad he finally snuck in there. At the time it was impossible to know what was going on. I figured there may have been a mixup but there were just too many bodies I guess.

Still like that view from stage left whoever filmed it.

Perhaps both Geddy and Jeff wanted to play bass on the song, so to compromise they each took turns. Also Pearl Jam covers 'Rockin' In The Free World' at their own concerts and has done the song with Neil Young as well.

• Like 1

My version of the event.

The All Star Jam starts at 34:55 and I've only focused on Alex, Geddy & Trevor Rabin during that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI5fCln-ZZk

Thanks so much for putting this up, CTM ! You have such an excellent camera! It was great to see this again, and I loved seeing so much of Alex and Trevor Rabin during the All Star Jam. Mike McCready from Pearl Jam was kind of funny-he looked very serious, like he didn't want to make any mistakes in front of Trevor and Alex! :)

• Like 1