• Turbo
    • Ram It Down
    • Painkiller
    • Jugulator
    • Demolition
    • Angel Of Retribution
    • Nostradamus
    • Redeemer Of Souls

I didn't think this through. I left Stained Class on the bannister this morning for my dad to listen to, but I forgot that if he takes it I can't listen to it. Anxiously awaiting his return.

I didn't think this through. I left Stained Class on the bannister this morning for my dad to listen to, but I forgot that if he takes it I can't listen to it. Anxiously awaiting his return.

How old is your dad?

I voted for the fist ten. They're all stellar in my book.

My absolute number one is probably Stained Class, but that's a snapshot in time.

• Like 2

Interesting to see the wide range of choices. Goes to show how good most of their stuff is. I have to admit I'm not terribly familiar with most stuff after painkiller. My fave is sad wings of destiny although I think their best sounding album is screaming. Some of their older stuff suffers a bit due to poor recording or mixing IMO even though the songs are still there like on point of entry.

The songs are there on Point Of Entry? That's news to me.

Easily their worst album. Hard to believe that turd came out in between British Steel and Screaming For Vengeance. It's like they had to completely suck in order to know they could be great again.

:o

I disagree!

I'll say it's certainly not their strongest album. But I definitely call it a good album. Three solid stars.

• Like 1

I voted for the fist ten. They're all stellar in my book.

My absolute number one is probably Stained Class, but that's a snapshot in time.

:cheers:

• Like 1

Interesting to see the wide range of choices. Goes to show how good most of their stuff is. I have to admit I'm not terribly familiar with most stuff after painkiller. My fave is sad wings of destiny although I think their best sounding album is screaming. Some of their older stuff suffers a bit due to poor recording or mixing IMO even though the songs are still there like on point of entry.

The songs are there on Point Of Entry? That's news to me.

Easily their worst album. Hard to believe that turd came out in between British Steel and Screaming For Vengeance. It's like they had to completely suck in order to know they could be great again.

:o

I disagree!

I'll say it's certainly not their strongest album. But I definitely call it a good album. Three solid stars.

The first half of the album is solid. That second side i could do without. You say yes, troubleshooter, all the way , on the run.. weak tracks imo

How old is your dad?

Early 50s, he's on here you know, though he rarely logs on. Amps211. Btw, he didn't care much for Stained Class, lamented over the production not sounding as good as Electric Eye. Oh well, I love it.

How old is your dad?

Early 50s, he's on here you know, though he rarely logs on. Amps211. Btw, he didn't care much for Stained Class, lamented over the production not sounding as good as Electric Eye. Oh well, I love it.

I used to be put off by production of older albums back in the day but I don't seem to be these days. I hear through the production to the music.

• Like 4

How old is your dad?

I used to be put off by production of older albums back in the day but I don't seem to be these days. I hear through the production to the music.

Good advice for Clockwork Angels listeners. :goodone: :hail:

• Like 2

Not sure of my vote, but leaning towards painkiller.

Unrelated, but i always thought angel of retribution was very underrated. I also really liked the chance they took with nostradamus

But i like all the halford stuff

• Like 1

How old is your dad?

Good advice for Clockwork Angels listeners. :goodone: :hail:

yeah but we shouldn't have had to "hear through the production" in 2012 :)

Edited by Rushman14

Not sure of my vote, but leaning towards painkiller.

Unrelated, but i always thought angel of retribution was very underrated. I also really liked the chance they took with nostradamus

But i like all the halford stuff

both solid albums. I was disappointed in Redeemer though. OK songs. Horrible production.

• Like 1

everything from 74-84 is sweet, with 76-79 being the peak

And you secretly love Turbo, especially the outfits and Rob's curly hair! :goodone:

get a few beers in me and we'll see what happens! :D

• Like 1

everything from 74-84 is sweet, with 76-79 being the peak

And you secretly love Turbo, especially the outfits and Rob's curly hair! :goodone:

get a few beers in me and we'll see what happens! :D

:16ton: :16ton: :16ton:

I voted for a bunch of albums but if I could have voted for only 1 it would have come down to either Screaming 4 Vengeance, British Steel and Turbo (in that order). As great as Turbo is, its a distant 3rd behind the other 2. Screaming 4 Vengeance vs. British Steel - wow!! Close matchup but as great as British Steel is, Screaming 4 Vengeance is clearly ahead.

Note - I would never vote for Painkiller. It's by far my least favorite Priest album.

I voted for a bunch of albums but if I could have voted for only 1 it would have come down to either Screaming 4 Vengeance, British Steel and Turbo (in that order). As great as Turbo is, its a distant 3rd behind the other 2. Screaming 4 Vengeance vs. British Steel - wow!! Close matchup but as great as British Steel is, Screaming 4 Vengeance is clearly ahead.

Note - I would never vote for Painkiller. It's by far my least favorite Priest album.

Worse than Demolition?

Stained Class

Stained. Class.

I need to own this.

Also, the copy I have out from the library has a couple bonus tracks on it. One is an unreleased studio track (can't remember the title) that sounds like it's from the 80s at least by the production value, but the back cover says it was recorded in the early years of the band. Anyone know this track and when it was actually written/recorded. For reference the other bonus track is a live version of "Better By Me"

• Like 2

So I've been listening to British Steel again, and I've decided I prefer Stained Class and Screaming For Vengeance to it. It's a real great album, but it really painfully obvious how much they were shooting for mass appeal with the simplicity of some of these songs and how much they reigned in Halford's vocal range.

Great album though.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

Stained Class

Stained. Class.

I need to own this.

Also, the copy I have out from the library has a couple bonus tracks on it. One is an unreleased studio track (can't remember the title) that sounds like it's from the 80s at least by the production value, but the back cover says it was recorded in the early years of the band. Anyone know this track and when it was actually written/recorded. For reference the other bonus track is a live version of "Better By Me"

I've got about seven copies of it!

• Like 1