Official 2017 MLB Season Thread. Play Ball!!

RUSHHEAD666

Nat's scored 4 runs in the 8th to defeat the Cubs 5-1. Series is tied at 2-2 now!

I was driving home from work and heard it on the radio. I was doing a dance in my car!!

Go Nats!! Hopefully the game isn't rained out tonight.

Also glad the Yankees pulled it out.

It's been a fun post season so far!!

Yes it has! Some really good games (if a bit long) and compelling matchups. Cleveland is a great lefty-hitting team, yet the Yankee lefties have shut them down, for example.

You can't script this game! Harper at the plate! Swings at ball four!

DONE!

It's all CRUSTY BAKER'S FAULT! One of the most overrated managers on the earth. Hope he gets fired!

I love the Nats but not with that hack at the helm!

Crusty Faker ruins pitchers.

Sad night for Nats fans!

• Like 2

Ugh. Nats lose. Sacrifice Jason Werth and that werewolf hair immediately! Think I'm kidding? Have the Nats ever won a division series as long as he's been with them?

They've never made a division series without him.

• Like 1

Ugh. Nats lose. Sacrifice Jason Werth and that werewolf hair immediately! Think I'm kidding? Have the Nats ever won a division series as long as he's been with them?

They've never made a division series without him.

Stalemate

• Like 1

All kidding aside, I think Werth is gone now. At 38, he's a defensive liability, and his offense is not what it used to be. With a healthy Adam Eaton, Bryce Harper, and Michael Taylor, and Brian Goodwin and Victor Robles, the Nats have more than a good outfield.
  • Like 1

All kidding aside, I think Werth is gone now. At 38, he's a defensive liability, and his offense is not what it used to be. With a healthy Adam Eaton, Bryce Harper, and Michael Taylor, and Brian Goodwin and Victor Robles, the Nats have more than a good outfield.

Yes, and I know it happens but losing the ball in the lights last night wasn't impressive either.

I think the Cubs should give serious consideration to forfeiting game one and getting their pitching staff time to recover.

I think the Cubs should give serious consideration to forfeiting game one and getting their pitching staff time to recover.

Baseball players are such warriors.

Like when they created a false rainout on a partly cloudy Saturday afternoon, all because they were too afraid to play the red-hot Brewers....

Edited by Principled Man

Like when they created a false rainout on a partly cloudy Saturday afternoon, all because they were too afraid to play the red-hot Brewers....

Weather forecasters and their reliance on their phony science. Meteorology, alchemy, it's all the same. Who pays attention to that nonsense, anyway? Well except for major league GMs...

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

Weather forecasters and their reliance on their phony science. Meteorology, alchemy, it's all the same.

Science, schmience....!! You suit up and play ball! If it rains, then it rains! There's no crying in baseball!! ;) ;)

• Like 1

Weather forecasters and their reliance on their phony science. Meteorology, alchemy, it's all the same.

Science, schmience....!! You suit up and play ball! If it rains, then it rains! There's no crying in baseball!! ;) ;)

As it turned out the game was rescheduled for a time when the Brewers were much hotter than at the time the game was originally to be played.

• Like 1