If Rush tour again?

Steve Smith

I just wished to know everyone's opinion please?

I hope that they can carry on making records with Neil but it seems to me that Neil is fed up with the slog of touring perhaps, just my opinion.

I am sure that there will be studio albums to come but if Alex and Geddy decide that they wish to tour again in whatever way, who do you think that they can get in for live work?

My own personal opinion is that my namesake Steve Smith would be perfect for the job. Neil and he are both great rock/jazz drummers and I think Steve would do the job well.

Simon Phillips is another that comes to mind or Vinny Coliauta who worked is fab and worked with Sting and Zappa as well as many others.

Just wished to hear any opinions XX

Please don't be too critical of me. I am not in a very good place right now mentally and all of these verbal slaps I keep getting are starting to hurt!!!

Thanks guys

Steve

• Like 1

This topic has been discussed and discussed and discussed, but since you are relatively new, the consensus on the board is pretty much:

- Neil is done touring. We were lucky to have him agree to the R40 tour. (Not just your opinion. Even Stevie Wonder could see that Neil was fed up with touring)

- Still a chance they could go to LA and make a new album, but highly unlikely

- Still a slimmer chance that they might play live together for one-of-a-kind events

- Zero chance they tour as Rush with a new drummer

• Like 1

OK I see

But sometimes a different new opinion may have validity.

I think that Rush will release more studio albums with Neil and do a tour with another drummer. Then I believe that Neil will come back and do another tour as he will watch it and get the will to do it again

We will see

• Like 1

I am not trying to be arrogant in any way I promise

But I would ask you please? what gives you the right to express the opinion that you are a "longer serving" and more of a Rush fan than me?

Yes you have been on this forum longer than I have but how can you make that into some sort of statement that I am some sort of Newbie

Your statement "since you are relatively new" very much reminds me of the scene from "Back to The Future" where Biff gets a hold of Marty and says "Since you are new here I am going to cut you a break". It is very patronising

But I would ask you please? what gives you the right to express the opinion that you are a "longer serving" and more of a Rush fan than me?

Yes you have been on this forum longer than I have but how can you make that into some sort of statement that I am some sort of Newbie

Your statement "since you are relatively new" very much reminds me of the scene from "Back to The Future" where Biff gets a hold of Marty and says "Since you are new here I am going to cut you a break". It is very patronising

Hey, hey, calm down. No one is calling you arrogant, and AFAIK no one is trying to patronize anyone (except for Zumbi; he seems to think he's better than everyone else). There's no need to be defensive. All they're saying (and I agree with them) is that this topic has been beaten to death, and I think they're tired of seeing it. It's nothing against you. Just try to lighten up a little. :)

• Like 2

According to RIARB, Rush is in the process of having the drum tracks on the entire catalogue re-recorded with Jeremy Taggert. They're planning a staggered September release with a tour to follow starting in October. Without Neil, but still touring as Rush. Management is currently in negotiations with Neil's attorneys to buy out his business interest in Rush. He is persona non grata in the "inner circle" and they want to be free and clear of him, with no financial obligations to him whatsoever.
  • Like 1

According to RIARB, Rush is in the process of having the drum tracks on the entire catalogue re-recorded with Jeremy Taggert. They're planning a staggered September release with a tour to follow starting in October. Without Neil, but still touring as Rush. Management is currently in negotiations with Neil's attorneys to buy out his business interest in Rush. He is persona non grata in the "inner circle" and they want to be free and clear of him, with no financial obligations to him whatsoever.

Alternative facts? :D

• Like 1

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/101845-if-rush-tour-again/#entry4248597

New to the forum is what was meant and that was the most polite and deatailed answer you'll get. Others will suggest using the search function or post a popcorn eating meme. Incredulously people will wonder how you assumed this wasn't covered several times already since R40 ended.

Edited by JohnRogers
  • Like 1

These are your facts. I'm just quoting them back to you.

• Like 2

These are your facts. I'm just quoting them back to you.

Brilliant!

Well Ok Disk

I take your point now worries. I will try not to take things personally

I like this forum because anyone who likes Rush must at least have some brain cells and I am learning now. They make you think and they make you consider what you say. Makes me a better person.

Your message is very kind and I thank you for that, but sometimes it is nice to give it back with both barrels if you do not agree with someone.

Thanks for your message, wise words and it is very much appreciated my friend

Take care

Steve

You should take some time and go through the old threads in the On The Lighted Stage and R40 subforums. Interesting stuff and would help you catch up on what has been discussed and why.

I personally believe they are done as a band. Time Stand Still was a goodbye documentary from the band to us, and the best explanation as to why there will be no more Rush.

• Like 1