Rush Album In Pre Production!!

robertkincaid96

QUOTE (daveyt @ May 18 2006, 07:24 PM)
QUOTE (wibblet @ May 15 2006, 01:26 PM)
Neil talks about renting out a small recording studio in Toronto for the month of May.

How many small recording studios are there in Toronto?

How many of them have been rented out for the month of May?

why would they get a studio if they haven't finished the songs? neil is trying to throw you off and after you get tired, he will rent the studio...in june yes.gif

According to the blog by "Max Webster's" Kim Mitchell, dated May 10th, he states...

"i think i hear rush rehearsing ... sounds pretty good ... you hear that ...??.. wow cant wait for a new studio record from the boys ... lurkst durk and pratt ... "

. . . this also means that he knows where in Toronto they are rehearsing. Perhaps someone in TO can call him on Q107 and ask him to elaborate on his thoughts on the sound of the new Rush CD.

Just a thought . . . .

p.s. I feel like I am the only one intrigued by that. Kim Mitchell has actually "heard" some of the new, upcoming Rush studio CD and thinks it sounds good cool10.gif - MitA

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am So frickin stoked that a new RUSH album is on it's way! Man I live for certain things in life and RUSH is a BIG part of my life, only the best musicians in the UNIVERSE!!! Keep on ROCKIN RUSH!!! TCL 2.gif boarder.gif

QUOTE (MUSICinTheABsTrAcT @ May 18 2006, 10:58 PM)

p.s. I feel like I am the only one intrigued by that. Kim Mitchell has actually "heard" some of the new, upcoming Rush studio CD and thinks it sounds good cool10.gif - MitA

You're not the only one.

But Kim Mitchell is a huge Rush fan so he's not likely the most critical review you're going to hear.

QUOTE (supermouse @ May 19 2006, 12:17 AM)
QUOTE (MUSICinTheABsTrAcT @ May 18 2006, 10:58 PM)

p.s. I feel like I am the only one intrigued by that.  Kim Mitchell has actually "heard" some of the new, upcoming Rush studio CD and thinks it sounds good   cool10.gif  - MitA

You're not the only one.

But Kim Mitchell is a huge Rush fan so he's not likely the most critical review you're going to hear.

Thanks, I don't like feeling alone wink.gif

But it still seems like an exclusive club. Thanks for informing me about this Kim Mitchell/new Rush scoop, supermouse trink39.gif

You know what would be interesting? Neil's described the early work as "spiritual"...

What if the new Rush album's theme is spirituality and religion? Man's relationship with God, the nature of the Divine/Almighty...supernatural forces at work...etc.

As a Deist-Agnostic - just like Neil Peart, actually - I would personally love and appreciate a well-crafted Rush album that really examined those concepts.

QUOTE (telegraphcreeklocal @ May 27 2006, 12:39 PM)
Yes, that would be nice. After what has happened in Pearts' life, what he will write on paper for the next album will be interesting.

regardless

2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):

LakesideMaiden, Der Trommler

heart.gif wub.gif

Spiritual doesn't necessarily mean "God".

I think Neil's a motorcycle riding tree hugger.

Vapor Trails has a hint of environmental consciousness in it I hope he's following on the new work.

I believe the only "god" we'll ever know is what is around us on this planet.

(Well, and what we can make of what's "out there" in the expanse of space.)

Also, wonder if they be using the same studio they went to for tsunami benefit...?

QUOTE (cavesoficeman @ May 31 2006, 06:15 PM)
Spiritual doesn't necessarily mean "God".
I think Neil's a motorcycle riding tree hugger.
Vapor Trails has a hint of environmental consciousness in it I hope he's following on the new work.

I believe the only "god" we'll ever know is what is around us on this planet.
(Well, and what we can make of what's "out there" in the expanse of space.)

Also, wonder if they be using the same studio they went to for tsunami benefit...?

Spiritual may mean even more heart and 'soul' in the music.

<GEDDY>Schawwwiiiiiinggglooowwwsweeeetcharriiiiot!</GEDDY>

I think Neil is having fun with the knowledge/wisdom he has gained.

Cannot WAIT for the new album! Its going to be awesome.

Wish I could fast foward time to the release. 2.gif applaudit.gif

QUOTE (Taril @ Jun 7 2006, 10:28 PM)
Cannot WAIT for the new album! Its going to be awesome.
Wish I could fast foward time to the release. 2.gif applaudit.gif

Me too....

I live in the UK, and I want to see them there, but I really hope that Rush play Indianapolis as I would love to see them there with my best friend who lives in the state. It would be very nice to see them on both sides of the Atlantic.

Archived