Queen live album poll

YYZumbi

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which live album do you like most?

• Live At The Rainbow ´74 (recorded 1974)
    • A Night At The Odeon (recorded 1975)
    • Live Killers (recorded 1979)
    • Live At The Bowl (recorded 1982)
    • Live At Wembley ´86 (recorded 1986)

This is easy for me. Live At The Rainbow ´74.

Before they released this album (2014), me and my dad used to talk about how they never released a live album with those really early songs, when they was more a prog rock band. And then they released a live album from 2 concerts and its just sounds great! And awesome set lists!

• Like 2

A Night At The Odeon is also good, but its not as perfect as the Rainbow one.

(Ofcourse all of them are good, but these early ones are just...REALLY good ones)

Edited by YYZumbi
  • Like 1

Rainbow 74, It's perfect. 2 concerts taken from the tours for my 2 favourite Queen albums. A brilliant, raw, rocking sound.

Considering the amount of overdubs on the studio recordings of this era, the fact that they could pull this stuff off live with just the four of them, while still sounding so full, is astounding.

The guitar/piano solo on White Queen (As it Began) is a personal highlight, which is a complete reworking of how it was on the studio album.

Plus, it's all there to watch on DVD, too.

• Like 1

I love Rainbow but I can't deny Odeon either. I can't wait to get to the later live releases, but alas I haven't gotten there yet. Perhaps Live Killers will be next, it has been a year since I got Odeon. Also, check out the YouTube videos of their Live Aid performance ASAP. Sure it's more common material of them, but it's also one of the absolute greatest rock performances ever given. I was told they stole the show, and I haven't the slightest clue how anyone could've topped that show after watching it.
  • Like 1

I really love the new releases of the old live recordings, they're fabulous, but I have to make an emotional descision here.

Live Killers!!! :haz: I had to deal with that album for the last 35+ years. :smoke: :hail:

I love Rainbow but I can't deny Odeon either. I can't wait to get to the later live releases, but alas I haven't gotten there yet. Perhaps Live Killers will be next, it has been a year since I got Odeon. Also, check out the YouTube videos of their Live Aid performance ASAP. Sure it's more common material of them, but it's also one of the absolute greatest rock performances ever given. I was told they stole the show, and I haven't the slightest clue how anyone could've topped that show after watching it.

The Live Aid performance is also included as an extra on the Queen Rock Montreal DVD :ebert:
  • Like 1

The Live aid show is sooo overrated. I mean, sure its good, since its Queen. But nah... They done it better.